Demons and Devils

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

I look at this passage so differently than others, i suppose....

If we accept God as an all knowing God as the Bible teaches us through various Scripture....

And we do as the Bible also teaches us on how to know if the Scripture really came from God or not...which is to show no hypocrisy because God does not lie or deceive and to verify Scripture, with other Scripture and make sure the lesson doesn't contradict what else we have learned in Scripture.... I know that sounds confusing the way I wrote it....

But what I am trying to say is that since we KNOW that God has taught us that He is an all knowing God, then God knew that Abraham would bring his son to the alter to be sacraficed, and God knew from the beginning that He would never take Isaac's life....so, the lesson in this is not that God was shown that Abraham loved Him and feared Him, because the all knowing God, already knew this, no? So this actually was a lesson for Abraham.....so that Abraham could learn the depth of his OWN LOVE and FEAR and recognition of God.

So, this is NOT a scary story as many make it out to be, and it is not disgusting of God to expect someone to give up their child for Him like in this story....BECAUSE the all knowing God knew the past present and future and knew this was not going to be the case from the get go....and this is how someone who has faith, should believe and take this, in my opinion.

Care

Last edited:
Demons and devils were originally created to scare children into behaving well ... then along comes organized religions (not mentioning which ones) that decided they make better scapegoats to blame all their own evil acts on.

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

I look at this passage so differently than others, i suppose....

If we accept God as an all knowing God as the Bible teaches us through various Scripture....

And we do as the Bible also teaches us on how to know if the Scripture really came from God or not...which is to show no hypocrisy because God does not lie or deceive and to verify Scripture, with other Scripture and make sure the lesson doesn't contradict what else we have learned in Scripture.... I know that sounds confusing the way I wrote it....

But what I am trying to say is that since we KNOW that God has taught us that He is an all knowing God, then God knew that Abraham would bring his son to the alter to be sacraficed, and God knew from the beginning that He would never take Issac's life....so, the lesson in this is not that God was shown that Abraham loved Him and feared Him, because the all knowing God, already knew this, no? So this actually was a lesson for Abraham.....so that Abraham could learn the depth of his OWN LOVE and FEAR and recognition of God.

So, this is NOT a scary story as many make it out to be, and it is not disgusting of God to expect someone to give up their child for Him like in this story....BECAUSE the all knowing God knew the past present and future and knew this was not going to be the case from the get go....and this is how someone who has faith, should believe and take this, in my opinion.

Care
Agreed Abraham had been predestined/chosen as were all of the host in the Old and New Testament .

It shows also when Abraham was telling Issac "God will provide the lamb" Abraham was giving the prophecy Jesus/Yahushua would be the sacrifice.

I may have a unique point of view. I may have views you disagree with. You may call me a demon if you choose to.

I look in the mirror and don't see horns and a tail.

I don't think having a conversation with people about their concepts of demons and devils constitutes Christian bashing.

Last edited:
Demons and Devils are good enough allegories or metaphors (I never adequately understood the difference) that they are as good as real, and as long as you are responsible with that information, it would do detriment to prove a nonexistence of them.

Demons and devils are in our perception and observable in human behavior. Some human beings behave demonically.

Last edited:
Demons and devils were originally created to scare children into behaving well ... then along comes organized religions (not mentioning which ones) that decided they make better scapegoats to blame all their own evil acts on.

oh really ? and your historical source for this is ?....links please...you really need to just stop making stuff up...

fucking creepy! that alone should be enough to ban the bible in classrooms with impressionable children around.

;)
Children can handle that just fine, and they have for thousands of years.

Ban the bible in public school.

the bible is a very important book ..and should definitely be studied in scools..its historical role.5ts influence on our society..and the profound knowledge that remains to many still obscured...all the great religions should be studied in school...dont be so reactionary

Separation of church and state. Keep the Bible in Churches and the library but NOT in other public school contexts.

No. The Bible is a religious book, not a historical document. If a public high school has a class in comparative religion--only then--is the Bible an appropriate topic in a public school.

oh really ? and your historical source for this is ?....links please...you really need to just stop making stuff up...

Links prove little, finding a thousand links saying one thing, you can find a thousand more saying the exact opposite from just as credible sources.

well not as a state religion,,,but as a study of man and history omitting religion does not provide a very complete or understanding of past and present

LOL ... do you realize how much study is required to understand religion? There are hundreds of them. That's why in higher schools they have their own subject, it's called theology. Teaching from only one religion is betraying the children (and thus abusing them) of a complete education. Also it MUST be a choice of the students (NOT their parents) how they study religion and which they do study.

well not as a state religion,,,but as a study of man and history omitting religion does not provide a very complete or understanding of past and present

LOL ... do you realize how much study is required to understand religion? There are hundreds of them. That's why in higher schools they have their own subject, it's called theology. Teaching from only one religion is betraying the children (and thus abusing them) of a complete education. Also it MUST be a choice of the students (NOT their parents) how they study religion and which they do study.

all of a sudden the choice of parents matters to you...

Forum List

Back