Demonization of Putin is one of the biggest threats to American national security,Stephen Cohen.

Stephen Cohen, Interview to Russian Channel One, Jan. 2018:

Demonization of Putin is one of the biggest threats to our [American] national security. For the next 1 or 2 years after Putin first came to power (as a Prime Minister in December 1999) American press was treating him very positively. NYT even wrote he was a Democrat, who wants reforms and would be better than Yeltsin because he was younger and healthier. When I [S.C.] asked them: “Why are you sure he’s a Democrat?” do you know what they said? They said: ”Because he’s from Yeltsin. Everything’s gonna be ok.”

They were just shocked when Putin started saying: “Russia is a sovereign country”, ”Russia has her own policy”, “We want to be partners with US but it’s a two-way street”. A well known NYT journalist literally wrote: “I’m disappointed and shocked that Putin has not become a sober Yeltsin.”

Now all the masks have been taken off.

Unfortunately, we have a short memory and have already forgotten that after 9/11 Putin was the first who called Bush and said: “That was terrible. How can we help you guys?”

Then US went to war in Afghanistan to destroy Taliban and Putin helped US to get the victory in this war with minimum losses more than anybody else, even more than any NATO country.

Putin also shared his intelligence data with USA and so on and on. He was even criticized in Russia, so for a while he looked more like being pro-American leader, not even a bit anti-American.

During Gorbachev’s times American political class started treating Russia as a satellite country who was supposed to follow the orders from USA not only in foreign policy but in internal affairs as well. After Yeltsin left and Putin came the people who dealt with foreign affairs in USA were absolutely sure they would continue to do whatever they were doing with Russia for the next 10 years at least. And suddenly they figured out they were wrong and that’s why all those controversies started: with Georgia, Ukraine, etc.

For those who know Russian:
Выпуск программы "Воскресное время" в 21:00 11 февраля 2018 года. Новости. Первый канал
starts at 1 hour 8 minutes and ends at 1 hour 14 minutes of the program ^.

Stephen F. Cohen - Wikipedia

Always fascinating to hear from the Putin propaganda arm.

Stephen Cohen, Interview to Russian Channel One, Jan. 2018:

Demonization of Putin is one of the biggest threats to our [American] national security. For the next 1 or 2 years after Putin first came to power (as a Prime Minister in December 1999) American press was treating him very positively. NYT even wrote he was a Democrat, who wants reforms and would be better than Yeltsin because he was younger and healthier. When I [S.C.] asked them: “Why are you sure he’s a Democrat?” do you know what they said? They said: ”Because he’s from Yeltsin. Everything’s gonna be ok.”

They were just shocked when Putin started saying: “Russia is a sovereign country”, ”Russia has her own policy”, “We want to be partners with US but it’s a two-way street”. A well known NYT journalist literally wrote: “I’m disappointed and shocked that Putin has not become a sober Yeltsin.”

Now all the masks have been taken off.

Unfortunately, we have a short memory and have already forgotten that after 9/11 Putin was the first who called Bush and said: “That was terrible. How can we help you guys?”

Then US went to war in Afghanistan to destroy Taliban and Putin helped US to get the victory in this war with minimum losses more than anybody else, even more than any NATO country.

Putin also shared his intelligence data with USA and so on and on. He was even criticized in Russia, so for a while he looked more like being pro-American leader, not even a bit anti-American.

During Gorbachev’s times American political class started treating Russia as a satellite country who was supposed to follow the orders from USA not only in foreign policy but in internal affairs as well. After Yeltsin left and Putin came the people who dealt with foreign affairs in USA were absolutely sure they would continue to do whatever they were doing with Russia for the next 10 years at least. And suddenly they figured out they were wrong and that’s why all those controversies started: with Georgia, Ukraine, etc.

For those who know Russian:
Выпуск программы "Воскресное время" в 21:00 11 февраля 2018 года. Новости. Первый канал
starts at 1 hour 8 minutes and ends at 1 hour 14 minutes of the program ^.

Stephen F. Cohen - Wikipedia

Always fascinating to hear from the Putin propaganda arm.
Being on this forum for more than 3 years I noticed: almost half a country (obviously, you aren't among them) is tired of Soros anti-Russian propaganda and want to hear some truth for change.

The rest of the country is so deeply brainwashed that they can't differ sh*t from Shinola and think that the truth is "propaganda" and visa versa. Those nut cases (whom you seem to belong to) seem to be just hopeless.

Stratford luvs sum Putin and Trump.

You all are losing traction, while your righteous foes are picking up steam.
Putin and Trump may be the only two people in the world who together are able to free your country and the whole world from Deep State's. That's why both have been so wildly demonized in Deep State's loyal Media. And you are buying all that sh*t.

The worst enemy of your country is not Russia, it's Deep State and you liberals under Deep State control who keep destroying your own country and the rest of the world. The sooner you realize it, the better it will be for your country and all the people.
Yep, Putin is a good guy, he knows what is best for us! Are you fucking kidding me! Now I am supposed to trust Russias propoganda over ours! LOL But Cohen sais I should right?

Stratford luvs sum Putin and Trump.

You all are losing traction, while your righteous foes are picking up steam.
Putin and Trump may be the only two people in the world who together are able to free your country and the whole world from Deep State's. That's why both have been so wildly demonized in Deep State's loyal Media. And you are buying all that sh*t.

The worst enemy of your country is not Russia, it's Deep State and you liberals under Deep State control who keep destroying your own country and the rest of the world. The sooner you realize it, the better it will be for your country and all the people.
Yep, Putin is a good guy, he knows what is best for us! Are you fucking kidding me! Now I am supposed to trust Russias propoganda over ours! LOL But Cohen sais I should right?
No, my dear, Putin knows what's best for his country. For you guys he has been suggesting a fair partnership. Is anything wrong with that?

Putin: Russophobic tools are being used for domestic political purposes [in USA], in this case the fight between President Trump and his political opponents in the United States.

It is a great pity that Russian-US relations are sacrificed in the course of resolving internal US political issues.

It is a shame, because if we worked together, we could resolve the pressing issues that concern both Russia and the United States much more efficiently. I am speaking of solving acute international crises, tackling terrorism, nature conservation, resolving environmental problems, handling illegal migration, fighting organised crime and so on, and contributing to economic development ultimately. But we know we have many friends in the United States, and there are many sober-minded people. I hope that someday the current state of affairs will come to an end and we will move on to a qualitatively different kind of relationship, which we will strengthen and boost in the interests of the people of the United States and the Russian Federation.

Joint news conference with President of Finland Sauli Niinisto

Forum List

Back