Demographics And Iran's Imperial Design

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NATO AIR, Sep 13, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Fascinating but chilling reading at the same time....
    Iran is going to either be a major boon to us or a major problem.... and I suspect the chances of it becoming America's #1 enemy are very good...

2. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375

Yes, but you can see it so, too.

Azeri-Turks + Kurds live in their own geography.
    Mixing the country new, makes Iran less attackable through foreign-based supporting of rebelious minorities. Plus giving the central Mullah-Regime more control over them. America have circled them from every side

3. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    to the rest of the article i can say, that Iran without oil is nothiing.

They have the same population as Turkey and the same GDP.
    But with difference Turkey no gaining of $$ through oil.
    Iran must industrialize. They make for examplke their own car, but these Products are not competitive on the world market.

but they are makeing good progress.
    they will for sure do everything to become a big Player in the region

Iran-Economy-4th Plan
    Iran's economy is expected to show a 7.1 percent growth in the 2005-06 fiscal under the Fourth Five-Year Economic Development Plan's (2005-10) law.

The Management and Planning Organization (MPO) said in a report on Saturday that the agriculture sector would also show a growth of six percent, oil sector 2.6 percent, industries and mines sector 10.5 percent, and services sector eight percent in the year under study.

The MPO report said Iran's economic growth stood at 4.8 percent in the 2004-05 fiscal with the agriculture sector showing a 2.2 percent, oil sector 2.6 percent, industries and mines sector 8.1 percent and services sector 4.8 percent growth in the period.

http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/men...06584170608.htm

+

Tehran, Sept 10 - An Iranian inventor has developed a new alloy with wide spread application in the industry.

Danoosh Vahdat, an aerospace senior at Tehran's Sharif University of technology has injected aluminium into wood to create the alloy which is much stronger and durable than carbon material.

His invention has earned him the much-coveted title of a 2005 Novel Ideas Contest in Austria.

http://www.iribnews.ir/Full_en.asp?news_id=197679&n=14

4. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Exports - commodities:

petroleum 80%, chemical and petrochemical products, fruits and nuts, carpets

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ir.html#Econ

Industries:

petroleum, petrochemicals, textiles, cement and other construction materials, food processing (particularly sugar refining and vegetable oil production), metal fabrication, armaments

also their whole industry is dependently on OIL.
    They do now shift into ondustrialization, but it comes late, but selling oil will make them rich anyway and ensure beoming industrial.

But Their defence industry is thanks to Russians independently and self-supplied. they made big steps in recent years in these areas developing their own satellites, submarines .....

5. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    The Institute also puts Iran's non-oil commodity earning in the year at $9 billion, which would push Iran's export revenues up to about $59 billion by the end of 2005.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/Description.asp?Da=8/22/2005&Cat=9&Num=016

so from a total export of 59 Billion Dollars, 50 Billion is reached by Oil-export.

also Iran is working to destroy the Dollar on the Oil hegemony, switching to € (Euro)

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I noticed their debt was in the 100's of miliion Euros. When did the offical switch over happen?

7. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Hello said1

please look here

Iran has recently announced that the new oil exchange will start up its computers in March 2006.

The proposal to set up a petroleum bourse was first voiced in Iran's development plan for 2000-2005. Last July, Heydar Mostakhdemin-Hosseini, who heads the board of directors of the Iranian Stock Exchange council, said authorities had agreed in principle to the establishment of the IOB, where petrochemicals, crude oil and oil and gas products will be traded. The oil exchange would strive to make Iran the main hub for oil deals in the region and most deals will be conducted via the Internet. Experts from London's International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) have reportedly confirmed the feasibility of the project.

this will be in € . as i have understand it is the counterpart of European Rotterdam Oil Market. In USA i do not know where the oil market is...

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Screw Iran. All I want to know about them is whatever info can be exploited to cause the downfall of their Islamic fundamentalist regime.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

For some reason, Iran whatever its plans, is way down in my countries to trust. How far? Well I would believe an offer of Chirac selling the US the Eiffel Tower or Sorbonne before I'd believe one thing coming out of Iran.

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

I'm highly suspicous of the numbers and projections myself, but alas, it's late and I don't really care at the moment. :sleep: