Demographics And Iran's Imperial Design

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Fascinating but chilling reading at the same time....
Iran is going to either be a major boon to us or a major problem.... and I suspect the chances of it becoming America's #1 enemy are very good...

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GI13Ak01.html

Demographics and Iran's imperial design
By Spengler

Aging populations will cause severe discomfort in the United States and extreme pain in Japan and Europe by mid-century. But the same trends will devastate the frail economies of the Islamic world, and likely plunge many countries into social chaos.

By 2050, elderly dependents will comprise nearly a third of the population of some Muslim nations, notably Iran - converging on America's dependency ratio at mid-century. But it is one thing to face such a problem with America's per capita gross domestic product (GDP) of $40,000, and quite another to face it with Iran's per capita GDP of $7,000 - especially given that Iran will stop exporting oil before the population crisis hits.

The industrial nations face the prospective failure of their pension systems. But what will happen to countries that have no pension system, where traditional society assumes the care of the aged and infirm? In these cases it is traditional society that will break down, horribly and irretrievably so. Below, I will review the relevant numbers.

In a recent essay, I argued that declining Muslim population growth rates give the Islamists just one generation in which to strike out for their goal of global theocracy (The demographics of radical Islam, August 23). Muslim birth rates are collapsing as literacy rises, that is, as the modern world intrudes upon traditional society. Islamic traditional society is so fragile that it crumbles as soon as women learn to read.

But the Islamists will not wait for traditional society to unravel. I grossly underestimated Iran's new president Mahmud Ahmadinejad in a report on the Iranian elections (Iran: The living fossils' vengeance, June 28).

In programs made public on August 15, Ahmadinejad revealed a response worthy of Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin to the inevitable unraveling of Iran's traditional society. He proposes to reduce the number of villages from 66,000 to only 10,000, relocating 30 million Iranians. That is a preemptive response to the inevitable depopulation of rural Iran, in keeping with a totalitarian program for all aspects of Iranian society.

As Amir Taheri wrote in Arab News on August 20, "He [Ahmadinejad] wants the state to play a central role in all aspects of people's lives and emphasizes the importance of central planning. The state would follow the citizens from birth to death, ensuring their health, education, well-being and leisure. It will guide them as to what to read and write and what 'cultural products' to consume so as not to be contaminated by Western ideas."

CONTINUE ARTICLE @ LINK

NATO AIR said:
He proposes to reduce the number of villages from 66,000 to only 10,000, relocating 30 million Iranians. That is a preemptive response to the inevitable depopulation of rural Iran, in keeping with a totalitarian program for all aspects of Iranian society.

Yes, but you can see it so, too.

Azeri-Turks + Kurds live in their own geography.
Mixing the country new, makes Iran less attackable through foreign-based supporting of rebelious minorities. Plus giving the central Mullah-Regime more control over them. America have circled them from every side

to the rest of the article i can say, that Iran without oil is nothiing.

They have the same population as Turkey and the same GDP.
But with difference Turkey no gaining of $$ through oil.
Iran must industrialize. They make for examplke their own car, but these Products are not competitive on the world market.

but they are makeing good progress.
they will for sure do everything to become a big Player in the region

Iran-Economy-4th Plan
Iran's economy is expected to show a 7.1 percent growth in the 2005-06 fiscal under the Fourth Five-Year Economic Development Plan's (2005-10) law.

The Management and Planning Organization (MPO) said in a report on Saturday that the agriculture sector would also show a growth of six percent, oil sector 2.6 percent, industries and mines sector 10.5 percent, and services sector eight percent in the year under study.

The MPO report said Iran's economic growth stood at 4.8 percent in the 2004-05 fiscal with the agriculture sector showing a 2.2 percent, oil sector 2.6 percent, industries and mines sector 8.1 percent and services sector 4.8 percent growth in the period.

http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/men...06584170608.htm

+

Tehran, Sept 10 - An Iranian inventor has developed a new alloy with wide spread application in the industry.

Danoosh Vahdat, an aerospace senior at Tehran's Sharif University of technology has injected aluminium into wood to create the alloy which is much stronger and durable than carbon material.

His invention has earned him the much-coveted title of a 2005 Novel Ideas Contest in Austria.

http://www.iribnews.ir/Full_en.asp?news_id=197679&n=14

Exports - commodities:

petroleum 80%, chemical and petrochemical products, fruits and nuts, carpets

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ir.html#Econ

Industries:

petroleum, petrochemicals, textiles, cement and other construction materials, food processing (particularly sugar refining and vegetable oil production), metal fabrication, armaments

also their whole industry is dependently on OIL.
They do now shift into ondustrialization, but it comes late, but selling oil will make them rich anyway and ensure beoming industrial.

But Their defence industry is thanks to Russians independently and self-supplied. they made big steps in recent years in these areas developing their own satellites, submarines .....

Hello said1

please look here

Iran has recently announced that the new oil exchange will start up its computers in March 2006.

The proposal to set up a petroleum bourse was first voiced in Iran's development plan for 2000-2005. Last July, Heydar Mostakhdemin-Hosseini, who heads the board of directors of the Iranian Stock Exchange council, said authorities had agreed in principle to the establishment of the IOB, where petrochemicals, crude oil and oil and gas products will be traded. The oil exchange would strive to make Iran the main hub for oil deals in the region and most deals will be conducted via the Internet. Experts from London's International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) have reportedly confirmed the feasibility of the project.

this will be in € . as i have understand it is the counterpart of European Rotterdam Oil Market. In USA i do not know where the oil market is...

canavar said:
Hello said1

please look here

Iran has recently announced that the new oil exchange will start up its computers in March 2006.

The proposal to set up a petroleum bourse was first voiced in Iran's development plan for 2000-2005. Last July, Heydar Mostakhdemin-Hosseini, who heads the board of directors of the Iranian Stock Exchange council, said authorities had agreed in principle to the establishment of the IOB, where petrochemicals, crude oil and oil and gas products will be traded. The oil exchange would strive to make Iran the main hub for oil deals in the region and most deals will be conducted via the Internet. Experts from London's International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) and the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) have reportedly confirmed the feasibility of the project.

this will be in € . as i have understand it is the counterpart of European Rotterdam Oil Market. In USA i do not know where the oil market is...

canavar said:
Hello said1

please look here

For some reason, Iran whatever its plans, is way down in my countries to trust. How far? Well I would believe an offer of Chirac selling the US the Eiffel Tower or Sorbonne before I'd believe one thing coming out of Iran.

Kathianne said:
For some reason, Iran whatever its plans, is way down in my countries to trust. How far? Well I would believe an offer of Chirac selling the US the Eiffel Tower or Sorbonne before I'd believe one thing coming out of Iran.

I'm highly suspicous of the numbers and projections myself, but alas, it's late and I don't really care at the moment. :sleep:

Kathianne said:

Yep, yep, yep ...... I totally agree.

Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday his country was ready to share its nuclear technology with other Islamic nations, the official news agency IRNA reported.

"The Islamic Republic in no way seeks weapons of mass destruction and with respect to the needs of Islamic nations for nuclear technology, we are ready to transfer nuclear knowledge to these countries," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying.

Ahmadinejad's offer was made on the sidelines of a United Nations summit in New York during bilateral talks with the Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan.

"Iranian scientists have mastered the fuel cycle and we have clearly decided to peacefully use this technology within the framework of the NPT (non-proliferation treaty), international laws and in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)," Ahamdinejad said.

Tehran insists it only wants to generate electricity, and insists it has a "right" to press on with such work as a signatory of the NPT.

But the country is widely suspected of seeking to master the fuel cycle and uranium enrichment technology in order to provide itself with the option of making nuclear weapons.

Iran resumed converting uranium last month in violation of a freeze agreed with Britain, France and Germany. Uranium conversion is a precursor to enrichment, which can produce reactor fuel but also the core of a nuclear weapon.

The European Union's 'big three' as well as the United States are pushing for the issue to be referred to the United Nations Security Council.

Ahmadinejad is expected to unveil new proposals on how to resolve the dispute when he addresses the United Nations summit for a second time on Saturday.

Officials accompanying the president told official media Thursday that Ahmadinejad was slated to present his "innovations" in a speech expected to last up to 30 minutes.

No further details on his proposals were given, although officials in Tehran have already indicated it would involve Iran maintaining its sensitive nuclear fuel activities while pledging to comply with UN inspectors from the

Iran, which for the past two years has been negotiating over the issue with Britain, France and Germany, is also keen to widen the talks to include more sympathetic countries including members of the Non-Aligned Movement.

http://www.africasia.com/services/news/newsitem.php?area=mideast&item=050915105928.s9tro2iy.php

canavar said:
Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday his country was ready to share its nuclear technology with other Islamic nations, the official news agency IRNA reported.

"The Islamic Republic in no way seeks weapons of mass destruction and with respect to the needs of Islamic nations for nuclear technology, we are ready to transfer nuclear knowledge to these countries," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying.

Ahmadinejad's offer was made on the sidelines of a United Nations summit in New York during bilateral talks with the Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan.

"Iranian scientists have mastered the fuel cycle and we have clearly decided to peacefully use this technology within the framework of the NPT (non-proliferation treaty), international laws and in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)," Ahamdinejad said.

Tehran insists it only wants to generate electricity, and insists it has a "right" to press on with such work as a signatory of the NPT.

But the country is widely suspected of seeking to master the fuel cycle and uranium enrichment technology in order to provide itself with the option of making nuclear weapons.

Iran resumed converting uranium last month in violation of a freeze agreed with Britain, France and Germany. Uranium conversion is a precursor to enrichment, which can produce reactor fuel but also the core of a nuclear weapon.

The European Union's 'big three' as well as the United States are pushing for the issue to be referred to the United Nations Security Council.

Ahmadinejad is expected to unveil new proposals on how to resolve the dispute when he addresses the United Nations summit for a second time on Saturday.

Officials accompanying the president told official media Thursday that Ahmadinejad was slated to present his "innovations" in a speech expected to last up to 30 minutes.

No further details on his proposals were given, although officials in Tehran have already indicated it would involve Iran maintaining its sensitive nuclear fuel activities while pledging to comply with UN inspectors from the

Iran, which for the past two years has been negotiating over the issue with Britain, France and Germany, is also keen to widen the talks to include more sympathetic countries including members of the Non-Aligned Movement.

http://www.africasia.com/services/news/newsitem.php?area=mideast&item=050915105928.s9tro2iy.php

I'm willing to share some nukes with Iran too ..... :dev1:

Forum List

Back