Demographic Changes

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The Chosun Ilbo English Edition Daily News from Korea - More Multicultural Kids in Korean Schools

More Multicultural Kids in Korean Schools

As of April 1, there were 67,806 multicultural children in school, making up 1.07 percent of the total student population of 6.33 million, according to the Education Ministry.

More Children Born to Mixed-Race Couples

Statistics Korea on Wednesday said they accounted for 4.7 percent of all newborns in the country, or one in 20, up 0.4 percentage point from a year earlier.

The Chosun Ilbo English Edition Daily News from Korea - More Children Born to Mixed-Race Couples

Granny says, "Dey may be old - but dey's spry...

Japan centenarian population hits record 60,000
Sep 11, 2015: The number of people aged 100 and above has hit 60,000 in Japan this year, as the country faces spiralling social and health expenses to look after its legions of retirees.
The population of centenarians is expected to reach 61,568 next week, of which 87 percent will be women, the welfare ministry said on Friday. On September 15, when the country marks "Senior's Day", the government will give letters and commemorative gifts to the 30,379 people who turn 100 this year.

They will receive a silver sake dish that now costs the equivalent of $65, but since Japan's ageing population is ballooning, the ministry is eyeing a cheaper alternative to the gift from next next year.

Presenting centenarians with the expensive gift was fine in the first year of the programme - 1963 - when Tokyo gave just 153 dishes to those who passed the century mark. But the number of 100-year-olds in Japan has boomed since, with nearly 30,000 people eligible for the annual gift in 2014, at a cost of 260 million yen ($2.1 million).

Japanese men on average live just over 80 years, while women boast the world's longest life expectancy of 86.83 years. The country is also home to the world's oldest man, Yasutaro Koide, who turned 112 years old in March.

Japan centenarian population hits record 60,000 - The Times of India

Uncle Ferd says he'd be willing to go over there an' help `em out...

Japan Is Dying: All Work, No Sex Means No Future
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 -- Japan is shrinking, literally. Inside the Pacific island nation, more people are dying than being born.
"I am scared for the future of my children and my country," one Japanese father told CBN News. A demographic time bomb has already exploded, threatening to cripple the world's third-largest economy. "The problem is that young women are not having enough children to keep our country going," said one young lady on the streets of Tokyo.

Fastest Aging Society

Japan's population has shrunk by a record 1 million since 2008. At the same time, the Japanese are living longer. Japan is home to the fastest aging society in the entire world. There are approximately 33 million people over the age of 65 -- that's roughly 25 percent of the country. Experts warn that number could reach as high as 40 percent in the next few years. "We are dealing with an unprecedented situation," warned Ryuichi Kaneko, head statistician at Japan's National Institute of Population. "No other country in the world is facing such a crisis."

Kaneko said if the situation doesn't change, and change dramatically, Japan's population will drop from 127 million to 107 million by 2040, 87 million by 2060, and a mere 46 million by 2100. "And the rate of aging in Japan will only climb. We are projecting that by 2060, 40 percent of the population will be 65 years or older!" Kaneko said. The government is in a panic. Ten years ago it created an agency to encourage couples to have more children. "Having a family is a beautiful thing," one Japanese mother said. "I'm trying to encourage others to see it as a blessing and not a curse."

Romance an Endangered Species

Uncle Ferd says he'd be willing to go over there an' help `em out...

Japan Is Dying: All Work, No Sex Means No Future
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 -- Japan is shrinking, literally. Inside the Pacific island nation, more people are dying than being born.
"I am scared for the future of my children and my country," one Japanese father told CBN News. A demographic time bomb has already exploded, threatening to cripple the world's third-largest economy. "The problem is that young women are not having enough children to keep our country going," said one young lady on the streets of Tokyo.

Fastest Aging Society

Japan's population has shrunk by a record 1 million since 2008. At the same time, the Japanese are living longer. Japan is home to the fastest aging society in the entire world. There are approximately 33 million people over the age of 65 -- that's roughly 25 percent of the country. Experts warn that number could reach as high as 40 percent in the next few years. "We are dealing with an unprecedented situation," warned Ryuichi Kaneko, head statistician at Japan's National Institute of Population. "No other country in the world is facing such a crisis."

Kaneko said if the situation doesn't change, and change dramatically, Japan's population will drop from 127 million to 107 million by 2040, 87 million by 2060, and a mere 46 million by 2100. "And the rate of aging in Japan will only climb. We are projecting that by 2060, 40 percent of the population will be 65 years or older!" Kaneko said. The government is in a panic. Ten years ago it created an agency to encourage couples to have more children. "Having a family is a beautiful thing," one Japanese mother said. "I'm trying to encourage others to see it as a blessing and not a curse."

Romance an Endangered Species

that country NEEDS immigration-------SYRIANS IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back