Democrats Worry That Hillary Could Hurt Party

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
WASHINGTON (AP) — Looking past the presidential nomination fight, Democratic leaders quietly fret that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton at the top of their 2008 ticket could hurt candidates at the bottom.

They say the former first lady may be too polarizing for much of the country. She could jeopardize the party's standing with independent voters and give Republicans who otherwise might stay home on Election Day a reason to vote, they worry.

In more than 40 interviews, Democratic candidates, consultants and party chairs from every region pointed to internal polls that give Clinton strikingly high unfavorable ratings in places with key congressional and state races.

"I'm not sure it would be fatal in Indiana, but she would be a drag" on many candidates, said Democratic state Rep. Dave Crooks of Washington, Ind.

Unlike Crooks, most Democratic leaders agreed to talk frankly about Clinton's political coattails only if they remained anonymous, fearing reprisals from the New York senator's campaign. They all expressed admiration for Clinton, and some said they would publicly support her fierce fight for the nomination — despite privately held fears.

The chairman of a Midwest state party called Clinton a nightmare for congressional and state legislative candidates.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

This is a surprise to anyone? They did a poll recently that showed that 50% of Democrats would not vote for Hillary under ANY circumstances. I also love how the Liberal Media is turning on one of their own.

It also looks like her campaign has a history of threatening people into supporting her. No one should have to speak anonymously out of fear of someone running for office. The warning signs are clear, I just hope people will notice them.

Hillary Clinton is a piece of garbage just like her bastard husband. There is no difference whatsoever between the two of them.

This is one life long democrat who will vote against her and will actively participate in organizing a group of democrats against her candidacy.

Signed -

A 60 year old life long member of the Democratic Party

http://www.democrats.org/page/commun.../paulmann/C3ty

:lol: They are turning on her. I guess they can see right through the twelve layers of bullshit. :)

Forum List

Back