Democrats won't fund Guantanamo closing

Yep--I would have liked to see the look on Eric Holders face--when Germany--one of the countries who insisted that we close GITMO--to regain our world wide--"respect"--refused to take any of these detainees. STILL LOL!

I don't know why we need to spend an additional 80 MILLION dollars--"that we don't have" when we already have a perfectly good place to keep these detainees? GITMO!

Why exactly is it Germany's responsibility to fix our fuck up?

Hey--it wasn't my plan to ask foreign countries to take these detainees. You voted for Obama so why don't you ask him why he did it.

I have always thought closing GITMO was a stupid idea.

It is a stupid idea. Barry had no clue what he was doing when he ordered it shut down. He ought to engage his brain before opening his mouth.

Campaign promises that the masses eat up without even thinking about a plan, that's it, that's all. The only plan was to get elected.
I don't know why anyone should be surprised,it happens every election and, (I thought), this was an obvious example of it at the time.:wtf:

thanks for admitting i did not mislead, your silence tells all...

Why would I repeat myself for no reason? :cuckoo:

why is it the wingnuts are always the one to presume they're oh so close with me?

when did i become your dear?

like i said... get a grip. you nutters have marginalized yourselves. I think it's better for the country if your people actually have something to add.

Now run along and go read some more WND.

let me ask again then...how is quoting the AP article misleading? how is the fact that they are not now funding it, misleading?

you haven't given one single argument since your first post, and i've countered that...all you've done since is jump around with ad homs...

as to "dear"....since you've called me dear first, i thought it would cool

i guess you're a wingnut for thinking you're close to me :lol:

jillian................dear

Campaign promises that the masses eat up without even thinking about a plan, that's it, that's all. The only plan was to get elected.
I don't know why anyone should be surprised,it happens every election and, (I thought), this was an obvious example of it at the time.:wtf:

No, I think Barry actually thought he could go in and just shut the thing down without forethought or plan. No doubt this promise sent chills up and down the legs of some (plan or not), but he really should have thought thing through before announcing, shortly after his inauguration, that the place would be closed w/in a year. It now puts him in the position of delivering - unlikely this can be accomplished by next January if the military tribunals take place, simply not enough time and where they hell are these guys going to go, no one wants them - or backpedaling and breaking his promise. I still don't know why he wants Gitmo closed down; these guys are exactly where they should be.

Last edited:

What? You're not buying Jillian's explanation ? :lol::lol:

What? You're not buying Jillian's explanation ? :lol::lol:

call her dear, she loves it

NO country wants those asshats. And 25 states have already passed legislation that would aoutlaw puttn gthem anywhere in said state. So exactly what sort of plan do you suppoose the Saintly Mr. Oh will come up with? You suppose maybe Rev. Wright will take them in? Or is Illinois one of those 25 states.

Oh an for what its worth Jillian, I figure the odds are better than 60-40 that this is another campaign promise that dies aborning because there is no where else to send these murderous swine.

Last edited:
AP Source: Democrats won't fund Guantanamo closing

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's allies in the Senate will not provide funds to close the Guantanamo Bay prison next January, a top Democratic official said Tuesday.

With debate looming on Obama's spending request to cover military and diplomatic operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, the official says Democrats will deny the Pentagon and Justice Department $80 million to relocate Guantanamo's 240 detainees.

AP source: Democrats won't fund Guantanamo closing

if true, this is one of those...wtf...moments

the dems are going to end up like the repubs, making so many mistakes and hypocritical actions/words they get themsevles voted out of office

I saw this story on CNN earlier and it just boggles the mind. I thought getting Gitmo closed was a priority? Why won't the dems fund it if it's so important?

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's allies in the Senate will not provide funds to close the Guantanamo Bay prison next January, a top Democratic official said Tuesday.

With debate looming on Obama's spending request to cover military and diplomatic operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, the official says Democrats will deny the Pentagon and Justice Department $80 million to relocate Guantanamo's 240 detainees.

the dems are going to end up like the repubs, making so many mistakes and hypocritical actions/words they get themsevles voted out of office

I saw this story on CNN earlier and it just boggles the mind. I thought getting Gitmo closed was a priority? Why won't the dems fund it if it's so important?

Barry didn't realize that closing Gitmo means these terrorists have to go somewhere else and no one wants them -- no other country and no U.S. prison. The Dems won't give Barry the money until he comes up with a plan. Ooops, there's that pesky 'open mouth insert foot' disease rearing it's ugly head again. And you thought botox Joe was the only one afflicted by it.

Do you bother reading your own links? Or was it an intentional misrepresentation? I'm figuring you just read the headline and got all excited without reading further.

From your article:

It appears to be a tactical retreat. Once the administration develops a plan to close the facility, congressional Democrats are likely to revisit the topic, provided they are satisfied there are adequate safeguards

You really want to be complaining about that?

Odd how the issue was so cut and dried before. :lol:

No kidding... Originally Democrats wanted to close Club Gitmo at all costs now that they have to actually make a decision they can't do it...:lol:

Barry didn't realize that closing Gitmo means these terrorists have to go somewhere else and no one wants them -- no other country and no U.S. prison. The Dems won't give Barry the money until he comes up with a plan. Ooops, there's that pesky 'open mouth insert foot' disease rearing it's ugly head again. And you thought botox Joe was the only one afflicted by it.

I think they (D's) knew and understood the entire subject very well. They just knew that they could use that as a political issue to once again Bash Bush with and make their lefty constituency grovel once more at their feet. Like someone said above, it was about getting elected. Once again, they've proven that their criticsim of Bush here was completely empty and born out of political motivation only and that BUSH WAS RIGHT.

I think they (D's) knew and understood the entire subject very well. They just knew that they could use that as a political issue to once again Bash Bush with and make their lefty constituency grovel once more at their feet. Like someone said above, it was about getting elected. Once again, they've proven that their criticsim of Bush here was completely empty and born out of political motivation only and that BUSH WAS RIGHT.

D's yes, Barry . . . honestly, I'm not so sure. I think he thought 'I want it closed and so it shall pass'. He really should have waited more than 5 minutes after becoming el presidente before making this decision, should have gotten his ducks in a row, so to speak. Bush WAS right (on this); Gitmo is where bad guys like this belong.

D's yes, Barry . . . honestly, I'm not so sure. I think he thought 'I want it closed and so it shall pass'. He really should have waited more than 5 minutes after becoming el presidente before making this decision, should have gotten his ducks in a row, so to speak. Bush WAS right (on this); Gitmo is where bad guys like this belong.

Well, either way you look at it, it doesn't make him or the Dems look very good. I really don't think they care, cause they're in power now and there's nothing to do about it at this moment. They say what they have to say to get elected, and people have very short memories or don't pay attention to begin with. They play to the 'stupidity' of the masses and it usually works, unfortunately.

Well, either way you look at it, it doesn't make him or the Dems look very good. I really don't think they care, cause they're in power now and there's nothing to do about it at this moment. They say what they have to say to get elected, and people have very short memories or don't pay attention to begin with. They play to the 'stupidity' of the masses and it usually works, unfortunately.

:clap2: Absolutely!

Forum List

Back