Democrats Win Both Open House Seats (One for 1st Time Since 1852)

Dems lie, but thats outright totally fucking dishonest

That is a true account of history Frank, if you believe otherwise post evidence to disprove it. And, no extra points are awarded for the word "fuck", it doesn't make your 'argument' stronger nor make you appear more intelligent than a box of rocks.

Mission Accomplished referred to the mission of the CVN-72. Only a lying nitwit would think Bush was saying the war ended.

:lol::lol:

CNN.com - Bush makes historic speech aboard warship - May. 1, 2003

read the speech again, i know you want to. oh the glory.

Thank you. Thank you all very much.

Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.

And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country.

In this battle, we have fought for the cause of liberty and for the peace of the world. Our nation and our coalition are proud of this accomplishment, yet it is you, the members of the United States military, who achieved it. Your courage, your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other made this day possible.

Because of you our nation is more secure. Because of you the tyrant has fallen and Iraq is free.

Operation Iraqi Freedom was carried out with a combination of precision and speed and boldness the enemy did not expect and the world had not seen before.

From distant bases or ships at sea, we sent planes and missiles that could destroy an enemy division or strike a single bunker. Marines and soldiers charged to Baghdad across 350 miles of hostile ground in one of the swiftest advances of heavy arms in history.

You have shown the world the skill and the might of the American armed forces.

(1) He's not the messiah, he's a politician, and the President

(2) Obama (as well as Bush, actually) were both wrong about the success of the "surge", which Bush opposed for something like two years after McCain started pushing for it. How well did that whole, "We'll be out in six months" prediction by the last administration pan out? Or Dick Cheney's, "we'll be greeted as liberators" prediction?

Is there anybody here who thinks Obama is never wrong, and has made no mistakes? I don't think so (and I'm definitely not among them).

Every President has made mistakes - it's a tough fracking job. I'm just glad we now have a President who didn't skate through college with a C- while majoring in PhsEd or something. He's been in office for less than 10 months, and *GASP*, the sky hasn't fallen yet.

Might as well get used to him - he's got another 3 years and 2 months at the minimum! :eusa_whistle:

That is a true account of history Frank, if you believe otherwise post evidence to disprove it. And, no extra points are awarded for the word "fuck", it doesn't make your 'argument' stronger nor make you appear more intelligent than a box of rocks.

Mission Accomplished referred to the mission of the CVN-72. Only a lying nitwit would think Bush was saying the war ended.

Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.

In this battle, we have fought for the cause of liberty and for the peace of the world. Our nation and our coalition are proud of this accomplishment, yet it is you, the members of the United States military, who achieved it. Your courage, your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other made this day possible.

Because of you our nation is more secure. Because of you the tyrant has fallen and Iraq is free.

Operation Iraqi Freedom was carried out with a combination of precision and speed and boldness the enemy did not expect and the world had not seen before.

From distant bases or ships at sea, we sent planes and missiles that could destroy an enemy division or strike a single bunker. Marines and soldiers charged to Baghdad across 350 miles of hostile ground in one of the swiftest advances of heavy arms in history.

Major combat operations ended = Iraqi Army defeated, Baghdad Overrun.

Does NOT mean the war was over.

Read what you post once in a while, Bush said "And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country."

IF you read what you linked to you'd like less of an idiot

Dems: Rooting for our defeat in Iraq, backing the Insurgency in any way they could but now taking victory laps.

Gotta love it.

Let me get this straight.

Sarah Palin, with the power of no office, has the guts to back a no name candidate with no party backing and he damn near pulls off an upset...and that makes Palin look bad.

While on the other hand The President of the United States, Barack Obama backs the incumbent Democrat Governor of New Jersey, backed by all the power of his office and the National, State and local DNC, in a state with nearly twice as many registered Democrats as registered Republicans, and they still couldn't come up with a win.

You should have connected the dots before posting this.

Shame on you for making the Messiah look bad.

Eh. Obama got involved in two races he also should have stayed out of. Both the Governor of NJ and the Governor of VA were in trouble, both deserved to get tossed out of office, and both had historical trends against them. Yep, they lost and Obama's street cred will suffer for it.

I stand by what I said about Sarah Palin though. NY23 should have been an easy Republican pick up. Sarah got involved, put her reputation on the line, and cost the Republicans a seat in the House. Now instead of getting even a RINO that can be pressured to toe the line once in a while, NY23 gets a Democrat that can tell national Conservatives to "get lost" with impunity.

That's Sarah's gift. She just stumbles in without thinking, utters a few platitudes, and drives moderates and independents right out of the GOP. Without those guys you lose, and lose often. If Sarah is the face of the GOP, the DNC has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Read what you post once in a while, Bush said "And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country."

It was an incredibly poor choice of words for Bush though. Declaring mission accomplished(*) meant Americans thought the worst was over. And then came the insurgency.

For the record, I was looking at voting for McCain at the end of the election in 2008. The reason I ended up voting for Obama after all was because Bush negotiated the timeline for withdraw. That action on Bush's part completely undercut McCain.

Sarah Palin, with the power of no office, has the guts to back a no name candidate with no party backing and he damn near pulls off an upset...and that makes Palin look bad.

While on the other hand The President of the United States, Barack Obama backs the incumbent Democrat Governor of New Jersey, backed by all the power of his office and the National, State and local DNC, in a state with nearly twice as many registered Democrats as registered Republicans, and they still couldn't come up with a win.

Eh. Obama got involved in two races he also should have stayed out of. Both the Governor of NJ and the Governor of VA were in trouble, both deserved to get tossed out of office, and both had historical trends against them. Yep, they lost and Obama's street cred will suffer for it.

I stand by what I said about Sarah Palin though. NY23 should have been an easy Republican pick up. Sarah got involved, put her reputation on the line, and cost the Republicans a seat in the House. Now instead of getting even a RINO that can be pressured to toe the line once in a while, NY23 gets a Democrat that can tell national Conservatives to "get lost" with impunity.

That's Sarah's gift. She just stumbles in without thinking, utters a few platitudes, and drives moderates and independents right out of the GOP. Without those guys you lose, and lose often. If Sarah is the face of the GOP, the DNC has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Oh my god, I might have an embolism here - did you just dare to use common sense? Wait.. I'm dizzy.... :eusa_eh:

I pretty much agree with everything you just wrote, except to note that it wouldn't have been a "pick up" for the GOP in NY's 23rd, they already had the seat - this was a net loss for them. Also, Virginia's governors can only serve one term, so the sitting governor of VA (Kaine, I think?) didn't get "tossed out"; it was a contest between two new guys, and the Democrat was a horrible campaigner.

Exit polls showed that the vast majority of people answered "No" when asked if their vote was based on their opinion of Obama's job performance.

Corzine, though? Yah, he had it coming. Christie better deliver the goods, though, or he'll be out in the next one.

I think the Insurgency got a big second wind when the Dems won in 2006 and kept trying to cut off funding for our troops

Oh my god, I might have an embolism here - did you just dare to use common sense? Wait.. I'm dizzy.... :eusa_eh:

I pretty much agree with everything you just wrote, except to note that it wouldn't have been a "pick up" for the GOP in NY's 23rd, they already had the seat - this was a net loss for them. Also, Virginia's governors can only serve one term, so the sitting governor of VA (Kaine, I think?) didn't get "tossed out"; it was a contest between two new guys, and the Democrat was a horrible campaigner.

Exit polls showed that the vast majority of people answered "No" when asked if their vote was based on their opinion of Obama's job performance.

Corzine, though? Yah, he had it coming. Christie better deliver the goods, though, or he'll be out in the next one.

Whoops. I always seem to forget that about the VA race. Understandable considering its not my state and I didn't care that much about the race. Thanks for the correction.

so you will retract your spin about the photo op and mission accomplished only being about the soldiers in the cvn72? :eusa_angel:

dammit the guy who wrote bush's address sure got all the stuff wrong.

sounded like a victory speech to me, and i remember cheering and stuff. woohoo.

what a cynical stupid photo op.

so you will retract your spin about the photo op and mission accomplished only being about the soldiers in the cvn72? :eusa_angel:

If you get confused this easily you should consider life as a shut in.

Mission Accomplished referred to the USS Abe Lincoln.

If you get confused this easily you should consider life as a shut in.

Mission Accomplished referred to the USS Abe Lincoln.

it is confusing, all those mixed messages. good to see you have all your spinning ducks in a row.

i am glad the american public won't get fooled. i guess the average american
is as perceptive as you are, and can distinguish between all this very important different messages, i mean the average american is also very successful in differentiate between news and opinion. :clap2::salute::thup:

"From distant bases or ships at sea, we sent planes and missiles that could destroy an enemy division or strike a single bunker. Marines and soldiers charged to Baghdad across 350 miles of hostile ground in one of the swiftest advances of heavy arms in history."

The "ships at sea" part of Bush's speech refers to the CVN-72, the USS Abe Lincoln which on one platform carries more firepower than all of Patton's Third Army. You Libs know that an aircraft carrier is a "ship at sea" right?

Bush was saying that we (the USA) is able to project unimaginable firepower from a single ship (google "ship" if you're still confused) and that ship can return home without a scratch.

"From distant bases or ships at sea, we sent planes and missiles that could destroy an enemy division or strike a single bunker. Marines and soldiers charged to Baghdad across 350 miles of hostile ground in one of the swiftest advances of heavy arms in history."

The "ships at sea" part of Bush's speech refers to the CVN-72, the USS Abe Lincoln which on one platform carries more firepower than all of Patton's Third Army. You Libs know that an aircraft carrier is a "ship at sea" right?

Bush was saying that we (the USA) is able to project unimaginable firepower from a single ship (google "ship" if you're still confused) and that ship can return home without a scratch.

pretty shitty speech if it has to be explained by partisan hacks like yourself years later to be understood the way it was intended, don't you think?

pretty shitty speech if it has to be explained by partisan hacks like yourself years later to be understood the way it was intended, don't you think?

Not really.

It looks really different when you look at it through your "I hate Boooooosh and Love Insurgency and Mooky Al Sard" Rose colored glasses.

Not really.

It looks really different when you look at it through your "I hate Boooooosh and Love Insurgency and Mooky Al Sard" Rose colored glasses.

yeah, i need very powerful glasses to read this without spasms of laughter and disgust e.g.

The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror. We have removed an ally of Al Qaida and cut off a source of terrorist funding.

And this much is certain: No terrorist network will gain weapons of mass destruction from the Iraqi regime, because the regime is no more.

maybe you can lend me yours.

Bush had to fight a war on three fronts: Iraq, Afghanistan and the American Left.

I think he did ok.

Forum List

Back