Democrats want to overturn self defense laws

Congress doesn't have the authority to do this. They are using money to accomplish their goal. From the article:

The amendment, which would withhold some grants from states that have such laws, will come as part of the House's debate on the Commerce Department spending bill

what are you talking about? do you just make up things and pretend they're true?

why wouldn't congress have the authority to deny funds to states with wild west laws?

it's funny you'd think that...

but i know you have no problem with them divesting women's health care of funds

way to go!

Liberals want to remove the possibility of self defense here like they have done in Great Britian. To liberals there is no such thing as a criminal. It is a pathology, it is to be understood with compassion. It can be treated because ultimately all criminality is the fault of an uncaring and unjust society not the criminal.

wahhhhhhh...

you're already been educated on this. stand your grounds mean whomever fires first wins. then they just say they were "standing their ground" after they started a confrontation.

normal self-defense laws which allow for protection of oneself, others and ones property will always stand.

but you can make up nonsense like this if you want.

we'll file it under the "war against christians" since both are equally lacking in credibility or evidence.

Liberals want to remove the possibility of self defense here like they have done in Great Britian. To liberals there is no such thing as a criminal. It is a pathology, it is to be understood with compassion. It can be treated because ultimately all criminality is the fault of an uncaring and unjust society not the criminal.

wahhhhhhh...

you're already been educated on this. stand your grounds mean whomever fires first wins. then they just say they were "standing their ground" after they started a confrontation.

normal self-defense laws which allow for protection of oneself, others and ones property will always stand.

but you can make up nonsense like this if you want.

we'll file it under the "war against christians" since both are equally lacking in credibility or evidence.

You'd do better to file it under typical democrat response.

Liberals believe in criminals. They're not muggers or rapists, they're people who believe things liberals don't believe.

When Zimmerman shot that Afro shit Trayvon, it wasn't a concern of Liberals that Zimmerman shot an allegedly innocent kid, it was that Zimmerman is "racist" (as proven by shooting an innocent black kid) and therefor must be punished.

"Racists" are not to be understood or given compassion. They're to be hated and punished for their beliefs.

Liberals believe in criminals. They're not muggers or rapists, they're people who believe things liberals don't believe.

When Zimmerman shot that Afro shit Trayvon, it wasn't a concern of Liberals that Zimmerman shot an allegedly innocent kid, it was that Zimmerman is "racist" (as proven by shooting an innocent black kid) and therefor must be punished.

"Racists" are not to be understood or given compassion. They're to be hated and punished for their beliefs.

when was the last time someone said you were an Asshole?......

Democrats want to overturn laws that allow murderers to use such laws as a defense. Democrats don't want murderers to continue getting away with it because they have this protection.

Congress doesn't have the authority to do this. They are using money to accomplish their goal. From the article:

The amendment, which would withhold some grants from states that have such laws, will come as part of the House's debate on the Commerce Department spending bill

what are you talking about? do you just make up things and pretend they're true?

why wouldn't congress have the authority to deny funds to states with wild west laws?

it's funny you'd think that...

but i know you have no problem with them divesting women's health care of funds

way to go!

She makes things up and continues to repeat them as if they were true. She's delusional.

Democrats want to overturn laws that allow murderers to use such laws as a defense. Democrats don't want murderers to continue getting away with it because they have this protection.

Democrats do not want law abiding citizens to kill murderers, rapists, thieves or any other criminal.

Some of these new self defense laws do create serious problems. Revisiting them and making them better defined and harder to use seems like a prudent thing to do.

Democrats also want to see law abiding citizens shot down in cold blood because they can't outrun the criminal's bullets.

I gotta tell ya, in my book self defense is one of those unalienable rights discussed in the Declaration of Independence. What the hell is wrong with people that want to prevent other people from protecting themselves from criminals?

If George Zimmerman is guilty of murder then let it be proven in court! Until such time, the man is innocent until proven guilty. I honestly don't know who started the physical confrontation between Zimmerman and Martin. I do know Martin did not deserve to die. Treyvon's death is a tragedy, but to date there has not been any reliable information presented that proves Treyvon Martin was not the aggressor on that night.

Immie

Last edited:

Democrats also want to see law abiding citizens shot down in cold blood because they can't outrun the criminal's bullets.

I gotta tell ya, in my book self defense is one of those unalienable rights discussed in the Declaration of Independence. What the hell is wrong with people that want to prevent other people from protecting themselves from criminals?

If George Zimmerman is guilty of murder then let it be proven in court! Until such time, the man is innocent until proven guilty. I honestly don't know who started the physical confrontation between Zimmerman and Martin. I do know Martin did not deserve to die. Treyvon's death is a tragedy, but to date there has not been any reliable information presented that proves Treyvon Martin was not the aggressor on that night.

Immie

Shouldn't they both be considered nonagressors until proven otherwise in court?

It's important to understand the way liberals think, which is two wrongs don't make a right. If it is wrong for some street thug to gun down a grandmother coming home from the store, then it is equally as wrong for the grandmother to defend herself and gun down the thug. Either way, someone is gunned down. In some cases, self defense might even be worse. If a group of thugs beat a tourist to death, one person is dead. If that tourist had a gun, four thugs would be dead. If it not better to sacrifiice ONE to save FOUR?

Immie

One of them was the aggressor. Which one it was is unknown at this moment.

I didn't say Treyvon was or was not the aggressor. Neither did I say Zimmerman was or was not the aggressor. But the fact is that one of them was the aggressor.

I personally do not believe there is anything wrong with Stand Your Ground laws. In this case, there is the issue that there were no eye witnesses and no one knows for a fact what happened. That is not a problem with the law itself. That is an issue that this particular case needs to deal with.

There are always problems trying to prove a case against a defendent when there were no witnesses. And people should think about this fact:

It doesn't matter whether or not Florida has a Stand Your Ground law. Treyvon Martin died a tragic death that night. Even if Florida did not have SYG on the books, Treyvon would have been dead and George Zimmerman would have stated that he was only defending himself. He would have claimed that there was no where he could go. If the facts are as some have presented that George Zimmerman was actually on the ground with Treyvon on top of him at the time, Zimmerman had no way to retreat.

SYG is immaterial in this case. With or without that law on the books, George Zimmerman would be claiming self-defense. It is up to the state to prove that he is guilty of murder.

Immie

Last edited:
Overturning self defense laws has little to do with George Zimmerman. He's jut the latest excuse. Libs have wanted to overturn self defense laws ever since Bernie Goetz took care of business in a New York City subway.

Immie, I highlighted in bold part of your previous post. That doesn't sound neutral, though it may well have been your intent.

No.

Not everything should go to court. This case should not have gone to court. The police ran by the prosecutor who decided that Zimmerman didn't commit a crime, which the evidence overwhelmingly shows.

This case is only going to court because of the demands of the Afro lynch mob. Only people with shit for brains doubt that Trayvon was the aggressor.

I just don't give a fuck anymore the anti gun government is going to do what it wants too, nobody is going to stand up too the tyranny. Come on D.C. beltway elitist anti gunners if your going to take a persons right too defend themselves away I suggest you do it. One thing I will not submit.

Immie, I highlighted in bold part of your previous post. That doesn't sound neutral, though it may well have been your intent.

It was.

I was discussing the Treyvon side of the issue. If the facts don't prove whether he was the agressor or not, then it would only be logical that the facts don't prove whether or not George Zimmerman was the aggressor. I didn't think I needed to point that out so I didn't bother.

Immie

The law is nessecary. But in the martin case, the law enforcement didn't do a good job being referee.
It shouldn't even apply to Zimmerman in the first place because he followed Martin.

The law isn't bad. Those who enforce, interpret, and referee the law are what makes it so bad.

Forum List

Back