Democrats Want To Choose Our Next GOP Candidate: Mitch Daniels

Last week Fox took down Mitt Romney. All he did was say he wasn't gonna apologize for Romneycare. So they took him down. I remember seeing and thinking "well, they're being kind of rough on him".

Can't you see that Fox is thinning the herd so they can put up this whipping post, Mitch Daniels so Obama can beat him.

The little comb-over probably got the shit beat out of him in highschool.

GovernorDaniels_OfficialHeadshot_20110313165023_320_240.JPG

Fox hated McCain also and the voters selected him

The GOP voters will go with Romney

I don't think so. It doesn't take much to ruin a candidate. Look what happened to Donald Trump.

Besides, something is going on at Fox. They've had some of CNN's reporters drifting over replacing people.

The number one problem is I know nothing about him.

The other thing that bothers me about him is he looks like McCain's long lost brother.

I thought he would be appealing to the right on many levels. He cut taxes, balanced the budget, stripped government employees of their bargaining rights, and is a winner. He won by a large margin in 2008 when Obama won the state. On social issues, he is somewhat conservative but not so conservative that he'd scare voters. I could probably support a guy like that.

He is, however, wonkish - a Democrat called him a "Republican Dukakakis." He isn't a great speaker. He's short - 5'7". And he has an odd personal history - his wife ran off on him and his four young daughters to marry her high school sweetheart. He divorced her, but she had a change of heart, returned to him, and they remarried. Not really his fault, but she might not appreciate the intense glare.

This election is going to be about the economy, nothing else. The Republicans have to put up someone who is credible on the economy. A credible candidate on the economy can beat Obama. But if they put up some red meat social conservative who appeals to the base and who wants to talk about gay marriage and the like, Republicans are going to get crushed.

It's a liberal rag, alright. Being a financial paper doesn't prove it's not liberal.

Barron's cover story is that the GOP field is thin and weak, and the best candidate to beat Obama could be Daniels.

And if you think Barron's is a liberal rag, you're retarded.

lol

To a right-wing extremist like yourself, everything "else" is liberal.

The number one problem is I know nothing about him.

The other thing that bothers me about him is he looks like McCain's long lost brother.

I thought he would be appealing to the right on many levels. He cut taxes, balanced the budget, stripped government employees of their bargaining rights, and is a winner. He won by a large margin in 2008 when Obama won the state. On social issues, he is somewhat conservative but not so conservative that he'd scare voters. I could probably support a guy like that.

He is, however, wonkish - a Democrat called him a "Republican Dukakakis." He isn't a great speaker. He's short - 5'7". And he has an odd personal history - his wife ran off on him and his four young daughters to marry her high school sweetheart. He divorced her, but she had a change of heart, returned to him, and they remarried. Not really his fault, but she might not appreciate the intense glare.

This election is going to be about the economy, nothing else. The Republicans have to put up someone who is credible on the economy. A credible candidate on the economy can beat Obama. But if they put up some red meat social conservative who appeals to the base and who wants to talk about gay marriage and the like, Republicans are going to get crushed.

A Republican Dukakakis. Not a great speaker.

What a winner.

I rest my case.

It's a liberal rag, alright. Being a financial paper doesn't prove it's not liberal.

Barron's cover story is that the GOP field is thin and weak, and the best candidate to beat Obama could be Daniels.

And if you think Barron's is a liberal rag, you're retarded.

lol

From a spineless jelly-fish who has no real principles other then going with the flow.....that just doesn't have a lot of weight to it. :eusa_whistle:

I wouldn't underestimate Daniels. I was born and raised in Indiana, and there even the liberals are conservatives. Trust me, you don't get elected as governor in Indiana without some serious Conservative cred. Even Evan Bayh had a fairly conservative vision for the State.

I don't think that he'd beat Obama if the election were tomorrow, but if he got some public exposure he might stand an outside chance.

If Dems could choose the next GOP candidate it would be Mitten, IMO. The religious right won't vote for him, nor will social conservatives, nor will fiscal conservatives.

But he is, so far, the GOP's best hope.

I wouldn't underestimate Daniels. I was born and raised in Indiana, and there even the liberals are conservatives. Trust me, you don't get elected as governor in Indiana without some serious Conservative cred. Even Evan Bayh had a fairly conservative vision for the State.

I don't think that he'd beat Obama if the election were tomorrow, but if he got some public exposure he might stand an outside chance.

Outside chance????

What that means is a 60% chance Obama gets re-elected.

I think the ideology of conservatism can go get stuffed. The most important thing is to get that prick out of the White House. He's done enough damage.

I'm just saying.

I don't feel comfortable serving up our future just because that little weasel might be a viable candidate. Ether he can beat Obama or he can't.

Right now, according to your own words, he can't.

That's all I needed to hear.

What a winner.

I rest my case.

He is a winner. He won Indiana twice, the second time by larger than the first in the midst of a Democrat wave.

But the boring/wonkish thing might be too big a hill to climb, I agree.

lol

From a spineless jelly-fish who has no real principles other then going with the flow.....that just doesn't have a lot of weight to it. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, I have principles, just not extremist ones.

What a winner.

I rest my case.

He is a winner. He won Indiana twice, the second time by larger than the first in the midst of a Democrat wave.

But the boring/wonkish thing might be too big a hill to climb, I agree.

lol

Oh, I have principles, just not extremist ones.

Actually you're ether right or wrong.

Ron Paul is a nut-case. I can't see much difference between him and Dennis Kusinich.

Obama has an Administration full of nut-cases.

The above are what I would call extremists.

I've always tested out as more mainstream. Outspoken but mainstream.

I just think your principles have floated to the left a bit.

Outside chance????

I think the ideology of conservatism can go get stuffed. The most important thing is to get that prick out of the White House. He's done enough damage.

I'm just saying.

I don't feel comfortable serving up our future just because that little weasel might be a viable candidate. Ether he can beat Obama or he can't.

Right now, no one the GOP has can beat Obama for certain. 60/40 is the best odds I'd give Mitt, and he is easily the best shot at beating Obama.

That isn't rabid Obama support. Fact is I plan to vote against Obama if Mitt or Daniels runs. Any GOP nominee has to deal with the undeniable facts that:

1. Incumbents are really hard to beat
2. The GOP is pretty divided right now
3. You don't win without getting the moderates.

It's going to be really tough to find a GOP candidate that can unite the Tea Party, Religious Right, and Neocons and still carry the moderates. At this point the GOP's best hope is that Obama really blows it in the next 1.5 years and the GOP can manage not to do something really really stupid. Good luck with that.

The Dems are trying desperately to rig the election by making sure the field is to their liking.

Perhaps if you spent your time finding a viable candidate for the GOP to run, rather than indulging your paranoid delusion that the democrats are conspiring to choose your candidate for you, then you wouldn’t have to worry about the democrats conspiring to choose your candidate for you.

Mud

Who do you think should be the GOP nominee?

Right now bro I don't know.

I'm for getting rid of all of them.

Start from scratch.

Herman Cain I guess.......but then he may have wiped his ass wrong so there goes his chances.

lol!!!

You are very funny to me.

I just heard a self-proclaimed conservative caller call in to Alan Colms show, he said "I got 2 words for Republicans....we're screwed."

I almost spit juice through my nostrils.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!

roflmfao.jpg

Outside chance????

I'm just saying.

Right now, no one the GOP has can beat Obama for certain. 60/40 is the best odds I'd give Mitt, and he is easily the best shot at beating Obama.

That isn't rabid Obama support. Fact is I plan to vote against Obama if Mitt or Daniels runs. Any GOP nominee has to deal with the undeniable facts that:

1. Incumbents are really hard to beat
2. The GOP is pretty divided right now
3. You don't win without getting the moderates.

It's going to be really tough to find a GOP candidate that can unite the Tea Party, Religious Right, and Neocons and still carry the moderates. At this point the GOP's best hope is that Obama really blows it in the next 1.5 years and the GOP can manage not to do something really really stupid. Good luck with that.

That philosophy got us John McCain last time. He was the great moderate, guaranteed to appeal to Democrats because of his maverick record against his own party.
We see how that panned out.
Reagan was vilified as a right wing radical cowboy. He won twice.
Obama is very vulnerable as he must carry states like OH and FL that he carried last time. I don't think he will.
I also dont think people mind a conservative. IN fact they respect that. They respect someone who is affable and will stand up and say, the present policies have brought us nothing but misery and debt. We need a radical change. They want that.
Obama has nothing o run on, a record that sucks as much as Carter. And it will only get worse.

The Dems are trying desperately to rig the election by making sure the field is to their liking.

Perhaps if you spent your time finding a viable candidate for the GOP to run, rather than indulging your paranoid delusion that the democrats are conspiring to choose your candidate for you, then you wouldn’t have to worry about the democrats conspiring to choose your candidate for you.

No offense, but fuck you dick.

I think everyone needs to worry about such a possibility.

Personally I think it's become a big game and we're just following the leaders like lemmings. You especially.

I tend to think for myself. You might wanna try it sometime.

Mud

Who do you think should be the GOP nominee?

Right now bro I don't know.

I'm for getting rid of all of them.

Start from scratch.

Herman Cain I guess.......but then he may have wiped his ass wrong so there goes his chances.

lol!!!

You are very funny to me.

I just heard a self-proclaimed conservative caller call in to Alan Colms show, he said "I got 2 words for Republicans....we're screwed."

I almost spit juice through my nostrils.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!

roflmfao.jpg

What a jackass.

Grow up.

Only a piece of shit like you thinks this is funny.

FYI the caller was prophetic.

Forum List

Back