Democrats vs The Iranian People

If th US comes out on the side of the revolutionaries then the Iranian government will claim the revolution is just a US lead revolt. This will give them grounds to squash it and blame the US.

Of course the Republicans would have barged into that one, but Obama prefers to make it an international response.

Score one for Obama

Of course, any intelligent person would know that you don't actually know for a fact what the Republicans would do. Still, you carry on pretending that you know stuff you don't know. It's entertaining as hell for intelligent people to read... You're funny.

If th US comes out on the side of the revolutionaries then the Iranian government will claim the revolution is just a US lead revolt. This will give them grounds to squash it and blame the US.

Of course the Republicans would have barged into that one, but Obama prefers to make it an international response.

Score one for Obama

Of course, any intelligent person would know that you don't actually know for a fact what the Republicans would do. Still, you carry on pretending that you know stuff you don't know. It's entertaining as hell for intelligent people to read... You're funny.

You can easily conclude that this is what repuplicans would do by their reaction to how the democrats are handling this:

WASHINGTON -- Some Republicans on Sunday urged President Barack Obama to do more to support protesters in Iran who have been clashing with security forces over election results, underscoring the challenge the president faces in trying to strike the right balance in addressing fast-moving events there.
Obama's Response Has Its Critics, Defenders - WSJ.com

Last edited:

Score one for Obama

Do I know what the Republicans actually would have done? No

Do I know what the Republicans "said" we should do? Yes

My personal opinion is that the Republicans would have listened to the same international advisors that President Obama is listening to and would take the same tact. In this case, as in most, they are looking to undermine the President on the international stage for political gain

Score one for Obama

Do I know what the Republicans actually would have done? No

Do I know what the Republicans "said" we should do? Yes

My personal opinion is that the Republicans would have listened to the same international advisors that President Obama is listening to and would take the same tact. In this case, as in most, they are looking to undermine the President on the international stage for political gain

the problem is that republicans are not exactly famous for listening, for example:

- when the cia warned the bush administration about the 9/11 attacks
- when the cia said to bush administration that there were no weapons of mass destruction
- when military experts said that there were not enough troops in iraq (beginning of the iraqi war, the "fix" of the mistake afterwards being praised as "the surge worked")
- when economical experts said that the economical situation is deteriorating "the fundaments of the american economy are strong"
- ___________________________ you fill in the blank (there are still many things I didn't mention)

Last edited:
nothing has changed in this nation, only gotten a lot worse, and will continue to spiral downhill. Just stand back and pray we don't end up like the Iranian people.

Will the present Iranian regime fall this year and the Obama Administration and the Democratic Party find themselves on the wrong side of the issue? Time will tell I'm guessing.
It's worth noticing where they stand before the twist...:eusa_whistle:

Not only has the U.S. government not “born witness” to the people’s struggle in Iran, the Democrats are working to undermine it. U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has announced his intention to push forward potentially crippling U.S. sanctions against Iran’s oil imports (Iran cannot refine all of the oil it needs, and must import 40 percent). If realized, this action would amount to an act of war.

Iran's Revolution vs. the Democrats : Indybay

The best way to end the Iranian "uprising" is for us to get involved and give the Iranian powers that be the propaganda tool of the "great satan" trying to damage the Iranian government.

Obviously sanctions will do no good. They never have and never will. In fact sanctions may only galvanize the Mullah Nazis over there and rally the people. Sanctions really might actually help the Mullah Nazis in the end. Hmm?

Obviously sanctions will do no good. They never have and never will. In fact sanctions may only galvanize the Mullah Nazis over there and rally the people. Sanctions really might actually help the Mullah Nazis in the end. Hmm?

Nazi's? They're "religious leaders" who "lead" their people. They teach them about religion. How to pray to God. What God wants.

I just don't understand why American Conservatives are on the side of Iranian freedom loving left wing liberals and not on the side of the religious hard right?

Yea they're a real nice bunch of "religious leaders" over there in Iran. Their behavior reminds me more of the Nazis and their brutality & totalitarianism than they do any sort of religious leaders. These Mullahs are not good & righteous people. That being said,sanctions don't work. They never have and they never will. In fact they may only achieve the opposite of the desired effect in the end. Sanctions will likely be used as a rally-cry for the Mullah Nazis. We'll see how it all goes i guess.

Yea they're a real nice bunch of "religious leaders" over there in Iran. Their behavior reminds me more of the Nazis and their brutality & totalitarianism than they do any sort of religious leaders. These Mullahs are not good & righteous people. That being said,sanctions don't work. They never have and they never will. In fact they may only achieve the opposite of the desired effect in the end. Sanctions will likely be used as a rally-cry for the Mullah Nazis. We'll see how it all goes i guess.

Imagine what the religous leaders would do in this country if the laws didn't stop them. It's Rick Warren's protege who is working in Uganda to make being gay a death sentence.

Religious leaders here have blamed Katrina and 9/11 on the gays and feminists. So, if it's their "fault", isn't the logical, next step some kind of "punishment"?

Isreal was number 1. Iraq is number 2. With a miracle, Afghanistan could be number 3. What might history write if democracies grow over the Middle East according the vision of GWB?

You are right with regard to Israel; way too premature for number two; and number three will never happen....

In the late 19th Century there were 5 democracies on the planet. In the late 20th Century, that count was closer to 100. It is the way of the world. One could argue that without the empetus provided by the ill advised war of Bush that democracy would have overcome tyranny in the region. One could argue that without the ill advised war, democracy would not have blossomed.

We might find that democracy collapses even after the war. History is unpredictbale until in hindsight. Then the "dots" are easy to connect.

It would be a nice legacy for this country as it passes the torch to China to have helped to create a little more good. Planting a flower where one might grow and so on.

I feel the present Iranian Regime is due for a fall, I just would like to establish where Democrats on this board generally stand on the issue, for future reverence.

Ah.. the rep bully strikes again.... (free speech.... jillian???)

The problem for police state leaders is that their soldiers are people. Under the Shah, one day, the soldiers didn't shoot the people and the revolutionaries won. That is how despots fall.

With every rise of the opposition and every rise of a leader who is willing to die for the cause and every mother who asks her son why he is in the repressive army, another brick falls out of the wall. Eventually, the soldiers don't shoot and when that happens, the despot falls.

As the Prez, the Big 0 does not need to promise support or arms or anything at all. He only needs to positively refer to it. Maybe help to smuggle in the hardware to open the internet to the general populace. Communication is too open already to contain freedom out. The videos via cell phone are revealing and the light is shining in.

The day is coming when the soldiers simply will not shoot.

Isreal was number 1. Iraq is number 2. With a miracle, Afghanistan could be number 3. What might history write if democracies grow over the Middle East according the vision of GWB?

I think you re generalising the demise of dictatorships to much: considering that the biggest dictatorship in the world wil soon become (with our help) the second biggest economy of the world: revolutions don't always work out the "right" way Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In some cases your reasoning (failing dictatorships) is true, but not with regard to Iraq and afghanistan: the countries are becoming religious theocracies not democracies. The problem with these "islamic" people is that they still live with a medieval ideology based on religion, dictatorship seems to be the only way many muslims like to live as it is the only way to use their religion as a law.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/iraq/...-iraq-is-this-what-our-soldiers-died-for.html

If these folks were born and raised in the USA, that would be entirely a justified position. They were not. They were raised in an oppressive, theocratically underpinned totalitarian system. Under Islam, thinking that one can influence their own destiny is thought to be presumptuous.

Allah has your life in plan and execution. You are living your life, but it is not yours to control. This religion and Totalitarian governments are a perfect match.

The jump from not having control of your own actions to voting to control a country is so huge that it is not even graspable in our society. We take for granted that we control our own life, our own property and our own government. If someone tries to take it away, we will fight them.

Our founders started a war because the British tried to tax a breakfast beverage.

Those purple fingers were monuments of change. The news of those fingers is huge even now. In Tianemen (sp?) Square, the first day, the soldiers didn't shoot. There will be a day when there are no back up forces to start shooting on day two.

There is a race underway in China right now. The construction of a Middle Class has to happen before the revolution takes hold. Regardless of which one wins, the totalitarianism has ended. Oportunity kills desparation and with it dependance. We are witnessing the liberation of a billion people in our lifetime.

It's breathtaking.

Imagine what the religous leaders would do in this country if the laws didn't stop them. It's Rick Warren's protege who is working in Uganda to make being gay a death sentence.

Religious leaders here have blamed Katrina and 9/11 on the gays and feminists. So, if it's their "fault", isn't the logical, next step some kind of "punishment"?

I thought they blamed the weather on the hand of God and it WAS the punishment.

Really? Or maybe it's that we mess up the opposition's ability to operate if we become associated with their protests

I feel the present Iranian Regime is due for a fall, I just would like to establish where Democrats on this board generally stand on the issue, for future reverence.

Ah.. the rep bully strikes again.... (free speech.... jillian???)

you have free speech.

you say all the stupid stuff you want.

but feel free to whine.

Jillian.. I given this some thought, talked to others and have a response for you. I realize you have earned the right and the responsibility to use your rep power as you please. I feel in this case you were wrong because you are directly assaulting my right to free exchange of ideas, my right to speak. There was no direct assault on you, no profanity and you are free to explain your point of view or avoid my posts completely.

I understand from others that this is a rather common approach by you and I consider it sad that you feel the necessity to use your responsibility in such a frivolous and vindictive manor not just to me but by all accounts many.

Now.. I don't expect you to have an instant epiphany on this, I rather expect you to call this whining and continue along your chosen path but I would hope over time there may be a change.

(Feel free to PM me) ....It had to be said!!

Last edited:
Will the present Iranian regime fall this year and the Obama Administration and the Democratic Party find themselves on the wrong side of the issue? Time will tell I'm guessing.

Not only has the U.S. government not “born witness” to the people’s struggle in Iran, the Democrats are working to undermine it. U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has announced his intention to push forward potentially crippling U.S. sanctions against Iran’s oil imports (Iran cannot refine all of the oil it needs, and must import 40 percent). If realized, this action would amount to an act of war.

Barry Barry, quite contrary, where can the Iranians be?
But just leave them alone and they'll be along
Cause Iranians want democracy.

Barry Barry, quite contrary, where can the Iranians be?
But just leave them alone and they'll be along
Cause Iranians want democracy.

I've got to agree with you. That might be the biggest part of world peace ever. Iran is a geographically big country and borders many others. It also projects influence.

It would probably be good if it fell apart before they develope the bomb.

The problem for police state leaders is that their soldiers are people. Under the Shah, one day, the soldiers didn't shoot the people and the revolutionaries won. That is how despots fall.

With every rise of the opposition and every rise of a leader who is willing to die for the cause and every mother who asks her son why he is in the repressive army, another brick falls out of the wall. Eventually, the soldiers don't shoot and when that happens, the despot falls.

As the Prez, the Big 0 does not need to promise support or arms or anything at all. He only needs to positively refer to it. Maybe help to smuggle in the hardware to open the internet to the general populace. Communication is too open already to contain freedom out. The videos via cell phone are revealing and the light is shining in.

The day is coming when the soldiers simply will not shoot.

I think you re generalising the demise of dictatorships to much: considering that the biggest dictatorship in the world wil soon become (with our help) the second biggest economy of the world: revolutions don't always work out the "right" way Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In some cases your reasoning (failing dictatorships) is true, but not with regard to Iraq and afghanistan: the countries are becoming religious theocracies not democracies. The problem with these "islamic" people is that they still live with a medieval ideology based on religion, dictatorship seems to be the only way many muslims like to live as it is the only way to use their religion as a law.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/iraq/...-iraq-is-this-what-our-soldiers-died-for.html

If these folks were born and raised in the USA, that would be entirely a justified position. They were not. They were raised in an oppressive, theocratically underpinned totalitarian system. Under Islam, thinking that one can influence their own destiny is thought to be presumptuous.

Allah has your life in plan and execution. You are living your life, but it is not yours to control. This religion and Totalitarian governments are a perfect match.

The jump from not having control of your own actions to voting to control a country is so huge that it is not even graspable in our society. We take for granted that we control our own life, our own property and our own government. If someone tries to take it away, we will fight them.

Our founders started a war because the British tried to tax a breakfast beverage.

Those purple fingers were monuments of change. The news of those fingers is huge even now. In Tianemen (sp?) Square, the first day, the soldiers didn't shoot. There will be a day when there are no back up forces to start shooting on day two.

There is a race underway in China right now. The construction of a Middle Class has to happen before the revolution takes hold. Regardless of which one wins, the totalitarianism has ended. Oportunity kills desparation and with it dependance. We are witnessing the liberation of a billion people in our lifetime.

It's breathtaking.

So now, instead of a "dictatorship", they are a radical Islamic Theocracy by constitution. That's a success? That's better?

They threw shoes at our president.

They want us dead.

They put their women in black ninja costumes.

They devastated their own Christian population.

WHERE IS AMERICAN APPRECIATION DAY????

To think Iraq is a success is a delusion we are still paying for.

Story

They want us gone. Worse, they never wanted us there.

Forum List

Back