Democrats to blame if there is a shut down

Let the fucking government partially shut down for a few days. So the fuck what.

It just might show you fucking sheep that we don't need government as much as you think we do.

Anyone here remember the last shutdown? I do, I was serving on active duty in the US Navy at the time.

Not only did it prove to be a horrible strategy for the Republicans (they lost heavily in the following elections), but it also turned out bad for the taxpayer...........

The last shutdown cost the taxpayer 1.4 Billion dollars.

Because more Republicans voted in favor of its passing than there were Democrats opposed to its passing.
Oh.
Well, then, why doesn't - every- bill passed by any majority automatically by-pass the Senate and the White House, and automatically become law?

It appears games are all we can expect from the GOP and its supporters.
I see that you cannot actually answer the question with anything of substance.
Perhaps that should be a signal to you.

(and no, i'm not interested in hearing them called job creators because if they were job creators, the tax cuts, which have been in effect for more than 10 years, would already have worked

Demand creates jobs, not corporations or tax cuts. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor has been telling this whopper over and over again, in one form or another: "Cutting the federal deficit will create jobs."

It's not true. Cutting the deficit will create fewer jobs. Less government spending reduces overall demand.

Yes more money left untaxed in the hands of income earners will leave those folks with more money to spend on their own. So then jobs are created.

Or is your arguement that only government spending creates jobs, and not private sector spending? :cuckoo:

Let the fucking government partially shut down for a few days. So the fuck what.

It just might show you fucking sheep that we don't need government as much as you think we do.

Anyone here remember the last shutdown? I do, I was serving on active duty in the US Navy at the time.

Not only did it prove to be a horrible strategy for the Republicans (they lost heavily in the following elections), but it also turned out bad for the taxpayer...........

Which is why Repubs don't want a shutdown, the Dems do. Anything to harm our nation, especially the troops, is always supported by Dems.

Which is why Repubs don't want a shutdown, the Dems do. Anything to harm our nation, especially the troops, is always supported by Dems.

Hey stupid.....it's the teabaggers in the GOP that are at the Capitol chanting "shut it down". Interesting how the GOP says they don't in their press conferences, yet when the teabaggers show up, they're down with 'em chanting and saying shut it down.

Nothing like being a hypocrite, eh?

It didn't affect me at all. i still went to work and paid my bills.

Maybe the fucking idiots in DC should try doing that.

Yeah......and the military had to go 3 weeks without a paycheck, yet we were still required to show up for work.

I'm guessing you've never served, have ya?

Yeah......and the military had to go 3 weeks without a paycheck, yet we were still required to show up for work.

You get meals and a place to sleep. If you can't get by for a couple weeks without a paycheck that's your own poor planning.

You get meals and a place to sleep. If you can't get by for a couple weeks without a paycheck that's your own poor planning.

If you've got a family (which most people do) you're screwed. What next, you gonna tell me that a family wasn't issued to you, so therefore people shouldn't marry while on active duty in the military?

You are a stupid piece of shit. Why the fuck do you have a CAG-7 squadron patch as your avatar if you're gonna make stupid comments like that?

ABS, don't be questioning another persons service record unless you have absolute proof. Skull deserves all the respect for his service, as you do.

Yeah......telling servicemembers to suck hind tit is a sure fire way to prove you've served, eh?

And......FWIW........I wask ASKING if he served because he'd stated that it doesn't matter if the gov't shuts down, because the military gives you room and board.

If he actually had, he'd know the wrongness of that statement.

Last edited:

not everyone earning a paycheck with their military service is provided such things.

so, 10 billion in cuts is enough? do you know how much we are borrowing every single day?

whatever, the only person I saw playing the impeachment game was Kucinich....

A. Our debt is entirely servicable and it's an extremely idiotic idea to start austerity measures in the middle of a weak recovery. When things get humming again..that's the time to make cuts and :gasp: raise taxes.

B. Darrell Issa said that the Obama administration was the most corrupt in history. I am pretty sure he's looking to oust the President.

personally, I hope so.

Absolutely agree. The national debt is one of the top concerns of the American people and the Democrats are continuing the same arrogant, condescending attitude they had when they were in the majority, ignoring what the people want.

On the same token, though, the Republicans aren't delivering either. Rand Paul came up with $500 billion in cuts the GOP leadership scoffed at it.

Both parties are dicking around with us.

The problem is that people say that they want budget cuts, they just don't want anything cut that matters. So the politicians just play to the crowd.

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > Cutting Government Spending May Be Popular But There Is Little Appetite For Cutting Specific Government Programs

This has to come from the ground up. The politicians will respond if the people demand it. But first, people have to accept that they have to pay a price in real spending cuts and tax increases to reduce the deficit, rather than expecting everyone else to feel the pain but not themselves.

there is no need for tax increases. end the wars, reduce military spending by half, end medicare and phase out social security for people under 40.

problem solved.

They are all at fault.The Democrates for their social programs.The Republicans for their big money.The tea party wants to take over the IRS.Send it to India.This will be a big mistake as they won't be able to handle it.It breaks my heart that the troops won't get paid.People are being labled with essencial and non essencial jobs.If the nonessencial jobs are not occupied the work will not get done.There is no such thing as a non essencial government job.The Congress seems to be non essencial at this time as they arn't doing any thing.I pray to the God I am not to mention as it may offend someone.Our Great country is on the road to ruin if something isn't done about this.

If you've got a family (which most people do) you're screwed. What next, you gonna tell me that a family wasn't issued to you, so therefore people shouldn't marry while on active duty in the military?

You are a stupid piece of shit. Why the fuck do you have a CAG-7 squadron patch as your avatar if you're gonna make stupid comments like that?

So you have a family stop whining. that was your choice and if you can't save a little bit of money for an emergency that's your fault not mine.

I've gone without a paycheck for a while because of a fire where I used to work but I had some money put aside for emergencies and got by on that.

So it seems to me you're the dumb fuck because you have no plan to take care of yourself or your family other than living paycheck to paycheck.

And it's a VA 34 patch. My Dad was a Navy pilot and was shot down in Nam not that it's any of your business.

not everyone earning a paycheck with their military service is provided such things.

Doesn't negate the fact that people should be able to get by for a couple weeks even if their paychecks are held up temporarily.

Anyone who can't doesn't know how to be responsible with their money and that's not anyone's fault but theirs.

The Republican House passed the Defense bill. The Senate refuses to act on it and Obama said he would veto it. Sure sounds like any short comings for the military rest squarely on the Dems shoulders.

If the Government functions are shut down, it will be disruptive to corporate as well as to government activities.
I wonder how many executives at American corporations are currently thinking that if they outsource more of their manufacturing jobs to China (and office jobs to India) they can avoid having their corporate activities disrupted by the services they need the government to perform in order to keep their businesses running smoothly and profitably.
After all, there will never be a threat of the government shutting down in Communist China :laugh:

So you have a family stop whining. that was your choice and if you can't save a little bit of money for an emergency that's your fault not mine.

I've gone without a paycheck for a while because of a fire where I used to work but I had some money put aside for emergencies and got by on that.

So it seems to me you're the dumb fuck because you have no plan to take care of yourself or your family other than living paycheck to paycheck.

And it's a VA 34 patch. My Dad was a Navy pilot and was shot down in Nam not that it's any of your business.

Actually, as a first class petty officer in the Navy, the most I've ever pulled down for pay is 37,000/yr, and that was with special qualification pays that totaled to roughly 250/month.

Most people are at the E-5 level and below, and many of those who are at the E3/E4 level who are married DO live paycheck to paycheck.

Like I said......you have no idea of how the enlisted of the military actually live.

And yes, I know it's a VA-34 patch, they are part of CAG-7, which is the same CAG that VFA-131 Wildcats belonged to when I was stationed with them.

So, based on your response, your parent served, but you never did. Good to know that you're clueless because of your ignorance and not your idiocy.

Forum List

Back