Democrats to blame if there is a shut down

Absolutely agree. The national debt is one of the top concerns of the American people and the Democrats are continuing the same arrogant, condescending attitude they had when they were in the majority, ignoring what the people want.

On the same token, though, the Republicans aren't delivering either. Rand Paul came up with $500 billion in cuts the GOP leadership scoffed at it.

Both parties are dicking around with us.

The national debt is an issue a lot of people say they care about, but have absolutely no interest in doing anything about.

So the Republicans submit unreasonable proposals, but it's all the Democrats' fault for not blindly agreeing with them? That's essentially what you're saying - it's all their fault for not "going along to get along."

We are spending TWICE what we get in revenue. And the Democrats proposed 10 billion in cuts? That is the JOKE. They lost in November because they can not understand we can not keep spending trillions each year. 60 billion given the deficit is a MINOR cut. 10 Billion is an insult.

Which has much more to do with declining revenue than increasing spending.

I dont see your explanation as to how this can happen...

I really don't know how the GOP could have passed such ridiculous legislation. I'll agree with you that it shows their utter lack of Constitutional knowledge and their preference for their Party over their country, both standard Republican values on display...again.

Which has much more to do with declining revenue than increasing spending.

Declining revenue has more to do with declining revenue than increased spending...by definition.

Let's increase our revenue AND cut spending. Wow, what an idea!

Last edited:
You passed, civics 101, right?
Expalin how this can happen.

I did, did the Republican members of the House? They are the ones confused on the Constitutional separation of power...but they misrepresent the Constitution habitually so I suppose I understand why you don't think it's a big deal that they’ve done it again.

It's too bad people are calloused to the GOP.

Because Cantor is stupid.

He's the idiot teabagger who never watched Schoolhouse Rock about how a bill becomes a law. He stated PUBLICLY AT A NEWS CONFERENCE that if moves were not taken, the expiration date of the force of law would make it automatically the law of the land, totally bypassing the Senate and the President.

What's more......there are some idiots in the GOP that are doubling down on Cantor's stupidity.

And..........the tea baggers are starting to turn agains Boehner, so he's got a power struggle going on with Cantor.............

Finally..........Trump the Chump is taking second in the GOP straw polls, actually beating serious candidates. Trump is going to do to the GOP what Palin did for McCain's campaign, in other words.......tank it.

I've got a feeling the GOP is gonna really fracture in around 6 months to a year.

I did, did the Republican members of the House? They are the ones confused on the Constitutional separation of power...but they misrepresent the Constitution habitually so I suppose I understand why you don't think it's a big deal that they’ve done it again.

It's too bad people are calloused to the GOP.

Because Cantor is stupid.

He's the idiot teabagger who never watched Schoolhouse Rock about how a bill becomes a law. He stated PUBLICLY AT A NEWS CONFERENCE that if moves were not taken, the expiration date of the force of law would make it automatically the law of the land, totally bypassing the Senate and the President.
Still waiting for that explanation.

This is what the idiots in DC are arguing over

papercut.jpg

Absolutely agree. The national debt is one of the top concerns of the American people and the Democrats are continuing the same arrogant, condescending attitude they had when they were in the majority, ignoring what the people want.

On the same token, though, the Republicans aren't delivering either. Rand Paul came up with $500 billion in cuts the GOP leadership scoffed at it.

Both parties are dicking around with us.

The problem is that people say that they want budget cuts, they just don't want anything cut that matters. So the politicians just play to the crowd.

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > Cutting Government Spending May Be Popular But There Is Little Appetite For Cutting Specific Government Programs

This has to come from the ground up. The politicians will respond if the people demand it. But first, people have to accept that they have to pay a price in real spending cuts and tax increases to reduce the deficit, rather than expecting everyone else to feel the pain but not themselves.

You know.......the unions showed they were willing to work and take some cuts across the board, with the exception of collective bargaining. That's an example of the common people wanting to help, knowing that the country is going broke.

The top 2 percent however? They never have, and never will be, willing to look at tax hikes for the millionaires.

you obviously never read warren buffet and his uber billionaire/millinaire friends saying raise taxes on them....i think there was quite a bit of them

next seek facts before speaking

The uber rich haven't paid in a cent more than their lawyers and tax accountants said they had to.

However, the unions are quite ready to take cuts NOW to save the state budget.

The uber rich haven't paid in a cent more than their lawyers and tax accountants said they had to.

However, the unions are quite ready to take cuts NOW to save the state budget.

thats not what you said...you said they have never been willing to "look" at tax hikes...that is not true

further, your analogy is completely false. because the rich, like buffet, gates, etc....give BILLIONS of their wealth to charity and various causes.

don't hate the rich with a blind passion, it will only cause you to be ignorant like you've been so far

So the Republicans submit unreasonable proposals, but it's all the Democrats' fault for not blindly agreeing with them? That's essentially what you're saying - it's all their fault for not "going along to get along."

Actually the Dems are to blame for not passing the budget last year.

hummmm....sounds kind of visceral to me.....

I prefer a point to discuss; so, do you think say, 60 billion dollars is to much to cut from the rest of the years budget?

Do you have a counter offer?

Do you know how much we are borrowing each and every day?

yes... i do know. which is why is was such an absurd move to continue the bush tax cuts.

also, the cuts they're making all target the middle class. none of it targets corporations and the wealthy. (and no, i'm not interested in hearing them called job creators because if they were job creators, the tax cuts, which have been in effect for more than 10 years, would already have worked).

to me the drumbeat of the freshmen is to do exactly what was said years ago... starve government until you can drown it in a bathtub.

until you have a dialogue about military spending, we are going to run on deficits. i also don't think it's appropriate to cut budgets and taxes in the face of a fragile recovery. i also think it's clear that there's an agenda there, because it helps the repubs in 2012 if unemployment is still high.

does that make me a cynic? i don't know. i think it makes me a realist.

and visceral? maybe.

Adding this war in Libya at 100 million per day, will make it kind of hard to cut military spending.
LIBYAN WAR COSTING YOU $100 MILLION PER DAY « The Burning Platform

Still waiting for that explanation.
Because more Republicans voted in favor of its passing than there were Democrats opposed to its passing.
Oh.
Well, then, why doesn't - every- bill passed by any majority automatically by-pass the Senate and the White House, and automatically become law?

It appears games are all we can expect from the GOP and its supporters.

(and no, i'm not interested in hearing them called job creators because if they were job creators, the tax cuts, which have been in effect for more than 10 years, would already have worked

Demand creates jobs, not corporations or tax cuts. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor has been telling this whopper over and over again, in one form or another: "Cutting the federal deficit will create jobs."

It's not true. Cutting the deficit will create fewer jobs. Less government spending reduces overall demand.

Let the fucking government partially shut down for a few days. So the fuck what.

It just might show you fucking sheep that we don't need government as much as you think we do.

I don't care if it shuts down either.

My State Govt is up and running just fine.

don't hate the rich with a blind passion, it will only cause you to be ignorant like you've been so far

It's interesting to note the 61 billion the GOP wants to cut from the budget is about what would have been brought in from the quarter of a million club with a return to pre-Bush tax rates.

No hate, just facts...weird though don't you think? The poor are being asked to make up for the wealthy's windfall.

Forum List

Back