Democrats to blame if there is a shut down

It's the tea party rightwingnuts who want to make a name for themselves by shutting down the government. They don't want government to work. They hate government. They shouldn't be running government.
Wow...
You lie about this, you lie about your education, you lie about your credentials -- is there anythig you -won't- lie about?

poor little pissant... i lie about nothing.

you're sad and pathetic. but that's what rightwingnuts are.

It's the tea party rightwingnuts who want to make a name for themselves by shutting down the government. They don't want government to work. They hate government. They shouldn't be running government.
Wow...
You lie about this, you lie about your education, you lie about your credentials -- is there anythig you -won't- lie about?
poor little pissant... i lie about nothing.
Another lie.
:roll:

The top 2 percent however? They never have, and never will be, willing to look at tax hikes for the millionaires.

The Bush-era tax cuts (2001) will cost the nation $3.7 trillion over the next 10 years. Those cuts were never meant to be permanent.
You blame The Obama for that -- right?

I did. Did a whole thread on it. Was an excellent move politically..and terrible for the country.

Big deal.....every time the Republicans take the House they shut down Government. It's the only form of compromise they know

Ask Newt

so, 10 billion in cuts is enough? do you know how much we are borrowing every single day?

Look for an impeachment attempt as well.

whatever, the only person I saw playing the impeachment game was Kucinich....

A. Our debt is entirely servicable and it's an extremely idiotic idea to start austerity measures in the middle of a weak recovery. When things get humming again..that's the time to make cuts and :gasp: raise taxes.

B. Darrell Issa said that the Obama administration was the most corrupt in history. I am pretty sure he's looking to oust the President.

In my debt tracking thread have noticed a major slowdown in the debt clock since the republicans took office on January 3rd, 2011.

Prior to that we were consistently adding $100 Billion to the debt every 22 days & in December 2010 It jumped $200 Billion in just 32 days. Culminating in a $14 Trillion debt on January 3rd 2011.

But now since the republicans have taken over the House at the $14 Trillion mark on January 3rd 2011. It has taken 84 days to rack up $260 Billion more debt. That is only about $68 Billion every 22 days compared to over a $100 Billion every 22 days when the Democrats controlled the House.

Republicans have slowed the debt train down by 38%. - - - Thank You Repubs !!!

That must be why Gold's rapid rise has slowed over this same time period. :eusa_think:

But what exactly did the republicans do on January third, their first day in office to slow the debt accumulation....for the month of January? Did they enact a law that caused this slow down?

Or does the debt automatically, year after year slow down in January? Is there a trackable trend in how our debt accumulates by month year after year?

for example, the accumulated debt ALWAYS SLOWS DOWN in the month of april because in april is when they collect our income taxes....in the month of December, debt should go up because our contractors want to close their year end books and be paid for their year's work that has not been paid yet?

there has to be some year after year common trend for monthly debt accumulation that we can examine?

curious minds want to know! ;)

well, many on this site wanted a divided government so to have GRIDLOCK and this appears to be what is happening.

the Republicans did win the majority in the House, but the Democrats did win the majority in the senate......a divided gvt.

cutting the Defense Budget, reforms for Medicare and Medicaid, and tweaking of SS are the only things that will make major impact on the budget deficits....

not knocking the effort of 60 billion in cuts from the House, though I have no idea what they cut to get this 60 billion so I reserve the right to complain later! :D

In my debt tracking thread have noticed a major slowdown in the debt clock since the republicans took office on January 3rd, 2011.

Prior to that we were consistently adding $100 Billion to the debt every 22 days & in December 2010 It jumped $200 Billion in just 32 days. Culminating in a $14 Trillion debt on January 3rd 2011.

But now since the republicans have taken over the House at the $14 Trillion mark on January 3rd 2011. It has taken 84 days to rack up $260 Billion more debt. That is only about $68 Billion every 22 days compared to over a $100 Billion every 22 days when the Democrats controlled the House.

Republicans have slowed the debt train down by 38%. - - - Thank You Repubs !!!

That must be why Gold's rapid rise has slowed over this same time period. :eusa_think:

But what exactly did the republicans do on January third, their first day in office to slow the debt accumulation....for the month of January? Did they enact a law that caused this slow down?

Or does the debt automatically, year after year slow down in January? Is there a trackable trend in how our debt accumulates by month year after year?

for example, the accumulated debt ALWAYS SLOWS DOWN in the month of april because in april is when they collect our income taxes....in the month of December, debt should go up because our contractors want to close their year end books and be paid for their year's work that has not been paid yet?

there has to be some year after year common trend for monthly debt accumulation that we can examine?

curious minds want to know! ;)

You can find the daily debt to the penny here at: treasurydirect.gov

The repubs likely just stopped allowing the passage of crazy spending bills. Divided government worked well under Clinton & it is off to a good start now.

Last edited:
Big deal.....every time the Republicans take the House they shut down Government. It's the only form of compromise they know

Ask Newt

One time is every time?

And I've got news for you, it's not the Republicans who are trying to shut down the government. In fact, they've repeatedly stated they have no desire to do so. The Democrats on the other hand, have been strongly advocating it, Schmuck Schumer in particular.

That's simply untrue. Schumer just says if the loons want to shut the government, let them.

It's really not that complicated an equation.

Your right it isnt difficult at all, the Democrats in the Senate want no cuts while the House proposed a minuscule cut of 60 billion from a 1.1 trillion dollar budget. What did the Dems offer? 10 billion.

You ARE the loon if you think the American people elected Republicans in record numbers for no cuts. IF the Government shuts down it will be because the lame duck Democrats refuse to get real on cuts. Something the American people were clear about wanting in November.

Ask Newt

One time is every time?

And I've got news for you, it's not the Republicans who are trying to shut down the government. In fact, they've repeatedly stated they have no desire to do so. The Democrats on the other hand, have been strongly advocating it, Schmuck Schumer in particular.

That's simply untrue. Schumer just says if the loons want to shut the government, let them.

hummmm....sounds kind of visceral to me.....

I prefer a point to discuss; so, do you think say, 60 billion dollars is to much to cut from the rest of the years budget?

Do you have a counter offer?

Do you know how much we are borrowing each and every day?

how do you know when a rightwingnut is lying?
his lips are moving.
nutbar.
go buy a bigger gun, you'll feel like you have genitals.
Not just a liar, but one completely devoid of original thought.
:lol:
whatever makes you feel better about being such a loser. it's all good. :thup:
Yes - this is -clearly- rhetoric typical of someone with a BA and JD.

:eusa_liar:

It's not MY fault you don't exhibit the qualities of a person educated past the third grade.

One time is every time?

hummmm....sounds kind of visceral to me.....

I prefer a point to discuss; so, do you think say, 60 billion dollars is to much to cut from the rest of the years budget?

Do you have a counter offer?

Do you know how much we are borrowing each and every day?

Of course the Liberals do not have a proposal, they think they can force a shut down and then blame the Republicans and KEEP spending like there is no tomorrow.

The Republicans offered 60 billion in cuts from a 1.1 trillion dollar budget. They should ask for more. The democrats want no cuts so offered a paltry 10 billion. And Jillian and company have the gall to claim the Republicans are being loons.

The American people want cuts that was the entire reason the Democrats lost so many seats in both the House AND the Senate.

The Republicans need to start a public education program, they need to start advertising that all they ask for was 60 billion and the dems refused even that small cut. They need to get the word out so if the Dems insist on shutting down the Government every knows who caused it.

the republicans should ADVERTISE what programs they plan to cut to the public....i agree...;)

the democrats don't want a shutdown....RGS..... they never want gvt to be shut down, they love our gvt too much.....and the gvt spending that goes with it, so the Republicans used to say.... and now you seem to be changing your tune on that to cover up the tea party members that have told the GOP that they ain't gonna compromise anymore, ''if that results in a gvt shutdown, then so be it.'' you did read the link provided on that in the military would not get paid thread, didn't you?

the democrats don't want a shutdown....RGS..... they never want gvt to be shut down, they love our gvt too much.....and the gvt spending that goes with it, so the Republicans used to say.... and now you seem to be changing your tune on that to cover up the tea party members that have told the GOP that they ain't gonna compromise anymore, ''if that results in a gvt shutdown, then so be it.'' you did read the link provided on that in the military would not get paid thread, didn't you?

What part of only a 60 billion cut don't you understand? More to the point the Senate only offered 10 billion. 10 billion from a 1.1 trillion dollar budget. What part of we CAN NOT afford to keep borrowing don't you get? What part of " the American people elected Republicans to cut spending " don't you get.

As for specifics? Guess what? Those bills were available to the public to see what cuts were in them.

Once again the democrats are not in charge anymore, the House is run by the Republicans and the Senate is barely in Democratic control. The Democrats were voted out because they were spending like drunken sailors on shore leave. What part of ELECTIONS have consequences don't you understand?

The MERE fact the dems think they can get away with only offering 10 billion in cuts and that YOU support them blindly as they keep spending money we FUCKING don't have, is proof enough who the hell the loons are.

Once again JUST for you, YOUR party thinks they can get away with out cutting the budget and then blaming any shut down on Republicans doing the will of the people.

And YOU defend them.

Actually.......I want companies like GE to pay their fair share.

I mean......they earned 14.6 Billion, and got a tax credit for 3.5 Billion.

I earned 17,000 bucks last year. I still owe the government.

woa.. right wingers blaming democrats for something?

STOP THE PRESS!

Forum List

Back