Democrats The real 'party of the rich'

some one has bought into the right wing anti union rhetoric hook line and sinker.
Wrong again Newby.

Tis you who brought in that laughable crap that the Dems are for anyone but themselves.

When you finally realize that both parties are the same, and neither are for you, you will realize how silly you are supporting such nonsense as public voting to intimidate workers.

But you haven't yet reached that point, you are still in the us/them phase.

newby?:lol: yes senior message board poster sir!!!! i am in the us vs them phase but i bet you mostly vote for republicans.

newby?:lol: yes senior message board poster sir!!!! i am in the us vs them phase but i bet you mostly vote for republicans.
Put your money up, I'd be happy to take it from you.

so you dont vote?

here is what the "labor friendly" republicans gave us:

Longer Hours, Less Pay - Labor Department’s new rules could strip overtime protection from millions of workers

On April 23, 2004 the Department of Labor (DOL) published regulatory changes that, if they are allowed to take effect, could strip away the right to overtime pay for over six million workers. The original version of these rules, proposed by the Bush Administration in March 2003, would have stripped overtime protection from eight million workers. In the face of widespread public opposition, the administration promised that its final version of the rules would correct this problem, a promise it has failed to keep.

Under the current Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations, most workers are guaranteed the right to overtime pay, commonly known as “time-and-a-half,” for every hour worked beyond the normal 40-hour workweek. Three basic tests determine whether workers are exempt (i.e., ineligible for overtime pay) or non-exempt (i.e., eligible for overtime pay). The regulatory changes issued by the Bush Administration in April 2004 would make drastic changes to these tests, vastly increasing the number of exempt employees and making it likely that millions of them will work longer hours at reduced pay.

all in all as an american worker i will go with the democrats over the republicans.

compacted to save space
You make the same mistakes all ideolouges make, you think I am for 'Republicans' or they are my guys because I have no use for democrats.

That is what i referred to before with the us/them comment.

Ask around, what my opinion of the GoP is here.

The first step towards breaking the us/them is understanding they are the same and neither of them are for America, the little guy or anyone but themselves.

compacted to save space
You make the same mistakes all ideolouges make, you think I am for 'Republicans' or they are my guys because I have no use for democrats.

That is what i referred to before with the us/them comment.

Ask around, what my opinion of the GoP is here.

The first step towards breaking the us/them is understanding they are the same and neither of them are for America, the little guy or anyone but themselves.

i assume you are republican by your anti labor attitude.

you have to be rich to be involved in politics at the national level, the difference between the 2 parties is the democrats allow the small people to get some crumbs while the republicans vacuum up the crumbs and tryy to get a little bit more from the poorer people.

Can you give specific examples of what you're saying?

Welfare, for example?

Support for collective bargaining?

Aid for health care and education?

Which party typically supports those things, versus which party is typically complaining about them?

Those social welfare programs truly are crumbs compared to the cake served up to this nation's master class.

Don't get me wrong...it's STILL a good cop/bad cop game they're both playing.

The Republicans just got other things that people ALSO want and they hammer on those themes.

Protection against crime, for example?

The right to keep more of your money and less taxation?

Those are some of the mantras that typically the Rs chant to keep their clueless partisans enchanted.

But push comes to shove (in truly significant economic issues) and there really isn't all that much difference between the parties' behaviors.

For examples...FREE TRADE and ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

Last edited:
you have to be rich to be involved in politics at the national level, the difference between the 2 parties is the democrats allow the small people to get some crumbs while the republicans vacuum up the crumbs and tryy to get a little bit more from the poorer people.

Can you give specific examples of what you're saying?

Welfare, for example?

You think there should be no restrictions on welfare? I've never heard a republican campaigning on the promise of doing away with it either. It's always the Dems that try to scare the poor and the elderly with making ridiculous claims that the repubs are going to take away their welfare and social security, which is ridiculous.

Support for collective bargaining?

And why exactly do you think the Dems give the 'collective bargaining' their support? :lol: Get real, it's all about the money. If the repubs offered more, they'd switch in a heart beat. Speaking of rich, how are the leaders of collective bargaining doing these days? :lol:

Aid for health care and education?

Education? See 'collective bargaining'...

Which party typically supports those things, versus which party is typically complaining about them?

It's called playing to your supporters. I'm not 'rich' by a long shot, but I don't beleive in sustained welfare for any one individual. I get up and go to work every day, why shouldn't every one else? Especially whenever they're using my money earned from my hard work to use as a tool to gain votes? The union bosses and the Dems have been in bed together for a very long time. In my opinion, the every day union worker is the one that gets screwed. They get their dues taken to make others rich and aren't really provided a damn thing. They allow their money to be used to support things that most of them haven't even a clue about.

Those social welfare programs truly are crumbs compared to the cake served up to this nation's master class.

Don't get me wrong...it's STILL a good cop/bad cop game they're both playing.

The Republicans just got other things that people ALSO want and they hammer on those themes.

Protection against crime, for example?

The right to keep more of your money and less taxation?

Those are some of the mantras that typically the Rs chant to keep their clueless partisans enchanted.

But push comes to shove (in truly significant economic issues) and there really isn't all that much difference between the parties' behaviors.

For examples...FREE TRADE and ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

They both pander, but to believe that one supports the poor and one supports the rich is buying into the crap that they're trying to sell you. They all support the rich. They all give out 'crumbs'. The progressives are far more dangerous in that they are using the envy and the crumbs to make you completely reliable upon them for everything, down to your own healthcare. They see the every day citizen as needing their guidance and help to make good choices in their lives. I'll go with whichever side is making some kind of effort, even if it is only rhetoric, to keeping as many indivudual liberties and freedoms that can be had given today's circumstances.

Why are you resurrecting threads?

Nothing wrong with being rich anyway. It's the elitist mentality that's the problem. And that is found in the establishment of both parties regardless of income

Forum List

Back