Democrat's that run and hide

As Castor said:

"Anyone's welcome to attend a community event, and I welcome a healthy debate," she said.

Prior to the event Thursday, she had told reporters she considered some of the protests erupting at town hall forums on the topic to be genuine and some to be the result of political organizing inspired by health insurance and pharmaceutical industries.

Castor said broadcast commentators Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck had both mentioned the Tampa event on their shows, urging listeners or viewers to attend.

Castor also said she's sure the reform bill will pass: "We're going to fight through the naysayers [and pass the bill], and it will not add to the deficit."

These fucking people don't give a shit about what the people want.
Castor heartened by reaction to town hall tumult

They care about what most of the people want, and what all of the people need. Those people showing up to disrupt information from being delivered and refusing to let anyone hear or speak beyond their incessant screaming are the ones who do not care what people want. They are disrupting the political process, they are not adding to it anything of worth.

Then there's this:

11Alive.com | Atlanta, GA | Video

where one can see a congressman imply that a doctor politely asking a question, is not a constituent and 'blindsided' him. Not true, as the video newsreport makes clear.

Somehow it's being cast in stone that asking a question is mob behavior which is not the case...

One (arguable) overreaction does not discount the disruption that has taken place. And god knows they have no reason to be defensive. :eusa_whistle: Meanwhile, it was not a health insurance meeting, but one to do with highways. I don't know about anyone else, but anytime I've contacted my representatives, congressional or senatorial, I've been mailed back with pages of information. When I've called or written with follow up questions based on the original information given, I've been mailed back with appropriate responses.

They care about what most of the people want, and what all of the people need. Those people showing up to disrupt information from being delivered and refusing to let anyone hear or speak beyond their incessant screaming are the ones who do not care what people want. They are disrupting the political process, they are not adding to it anything of worth.

Then there's this:

where one can see a congressman imply that a doctor politely asking a question, is not a constituent and 'blindsided' him. Not true, as the video newsreport makes clear.

Somehow it's being cast in stone that asking a question is mob behavior which is not the case...

One (arguable) overreaction does not discount the disruption that has taken place. And god knows they have no reason to be defensive. :eusa_whistle: Meanwhile, it was not a health insurance meeting, but one to do with highways. I don't know about anyone else, but anytime I've contacted my representatives, congressional or senatorial, I've been mailed back with pages of information. When I've called or written with follow up questions based on the original information given, I've been mailed back with appropriate responses.
Actually the only disruptions of town hall meetings have occurred when people are not given a chance to be heard, which is their right in a democracy or worse yet, actual constituents are barred while union thugs are brought in to control and shut down discussion. Truly you folks are defending fascist tactics.

We cannot have an intelligent debate on the issues here, where one cannot be shoutd down.

Expecting intelligent discourse in an environment where people are encouraged to shout down people whose voices they don't want heard is absurd.

I don't care if activist pack the house with their supporters but they are also telling the people (and leading the people) into disrupting these meetings.

We cannot have an intelligent debate on the issues here, where one cannot be shoutd down.

Expecting intelligent discourse in an environment where people are encouraged to shout down people whose voices they don't want heard is absurd.

I don't care if activist pack the house with their supporters but they are also telling the people (and leading the people) into disrupting these meetings.

It's been the way of the left for ever.

Then there's this:

Actually the only disruptions of town hall meetings have occurred when people are not given a chance to be heard, which is their right in a democracy or worse yet, actual constituents are barred while union thugs are brought in to control and shut down discussion. Truly you folks are defending fascist tactics.

Everyone has a right to be heard in an orderly fashion that gives others an equal chance to answer the questions, and ask other questions, one at a time. During opening statements and when others are trying to ask or answer others, to follow the marching orders of interspersing yourselves throughout the crowd in order to shout out and drown out does not facilitate discussion, it disrupts any chance of anyone being heard. Be honest, the AstroTurf Mobs aren't there to be heard, they are present to do one thing, and that is to disrupt.

Everyone has a right to be heard in an orderly fashion that gives others an equal chance to answer the questions, and ask other questions, one at a time. During opening statements and when others are trying to ask or answer others, to follow the marching orders of interspersing yourselves throughout the crowd in order to shout out and drown out does not facilitate discussion, it disrupts any chance of anyone being heard. Be honest, the AstroTurf Mobs aren't there to be heard, they are present to do one thing, and that is to disrupt.

Yet in the 'town forums' that's been the rule. That there may be kooks, like the one hanging a congressperson in effigy are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Your right, the astroturfers are sent by the administration and they've gone beyond that to physical violence.

Yet in the 'town forums' that's been the rule. That there may be kooks, like the one hanging a congressperson in effigy are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Your right, the astroturfers are sent by the administration and they've gone beyond that to physical violence.

That is not what I said. You know, if you're willing to misinterpret my statements, what would stop you from lying about anything else? Never mind. I already know the answer to that. :eusa_hand:

That is not what I said. You know, if you're willing to misinterpret my statements, what would stop you from lying about anything else? Never mind. I already know the answer to that. :eusa_hand:

What did you mean, I thought we were having a discussion. Perhaps I misunderstood?

What did you mean, I thought we were having a discussion. Perhaps I misunderstood?

"Your right, the astroturfers are sent by the administration and they've gone beyond that to physical violence."

And you know that was not what I stated. So how is that, "having a conversation?"

"Your right, the astroturfers are sent by the administration and they've gone beyond that to physical violence."

And you know that was not what I stated. So how is that, "having a conversation?"

Did I use quotation marks? I was responding to your post using my own thoughts.

How old are you? Using the term, "you're right" followed by a total misrepresentation of the meaning of what someone wrote is a Lie, Annie. Its not that complicated. Good night.

How old are you? Using the term, "you're right" followed by a total misrepresentation of the meaning of what someone wrote is a Lie, Annie. Its not that complicated. Good night.

Don't know where you are, but it's almost 2pm here.

Are you in denial that the Democrats are astro turfing?

Forum List

Back