Democrats Take the Lead in Midterms

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Hummmm, if I recall that's what their saying TODAY....:rotflmao:

While George W. Bush focuses on building support for war with Iraq, voters say they are most concerned about the economy.
President George W. Bush stumps for Republican Congressional candidate Rick Renzi from Arizona

Updated: 3:09 a.m. AKT Sept 28, 2002Sept. 28 - With less than six weeks until the November mid-term elections, Democratic Congressional candidates have taken the lead among voters, according to the latest NEWSWEEK poll.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3068006

Isn't that what they said before the election in 2004?

What really amazes me is how anybody can say the main stream media is not biased towards the left. How can anybody say that with a straight face and really believe it?

I read articles from the AP every day and they are all more like opinion pieces, or editorials. But they're straight new articles and they are so slanted towards the Democrats, and against the Republicans, that's it's truly mind boggling how anyone can't see it.

Isn't that what they said before the election in 2004?

What really amazes me is how anybody can say the main stream media is not biased towards the left. How can anybody say that with a straight face and really believe it?

I read articles from the AP every day and they are all more like opinion pieces, or editorials. But they're straight new articles and they are so slanted towards the Democrats, and against the Republicans, that's it's truly mind boggling how anyone can't see it.

It seems to me that a lot more people are seeing it...

I just love digging up this old stuff....It looks all the same as today...
Hey, the Democrats have the Lame stream media as a voice for them, and they still lose.....What's that SAY???:eek2:

Hummmm, if I recall that's what their saying TODAY....:rotflmao:

While George W. Bush focuses on building support for war with Iraq, voters say they are most concerned about the economy.
President George W. Bush stumps for Republican Congressional candidate Rick Renzi from Arizona

Updated: 3:09 a.m. AKT Sept 28, 2002Sept. 28 - With less than six weeks until the November mid-term elections, Democratic Congressional candidates have taken the lead among voters, according to the latest NEWSWEEK poll.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3068006

Do not be to sure about the polls. If it is the Washington Post poll consider this.............

Washington Post/ABC News Poll Tremendously Skews Democrat Respondents
Posted by Noel Sheppard on October 10, 2006 - 13:52.
David Broder and Dan Balz wrote a rather lengthy, front-page story for the Washington Post this morning with the cautionary headline “Poll Shows Strong Shift Of Support to Democrats.” However, Broder and Balz chose not to share some key information from this poll with their readers, the most important of which being the political breakdown of those questioned. In fact, the meager percentage of Republican respondents to this survey should have led the Post to headline this article "Poll Shows Strong Shift Of Questions to Democrats!"

The article began: “Democrats have regained a commanding position going into the final weeks of the midterm-election campaigns, with support eroding for Republicans on Iraq, ethics and presidential leadership, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll.”

Yet, nowhere did the authors let their readers know that 41 percent more Democrats were questioned for this survey than Republicans. That’s right. The breakdown was: 38 percent Democrats; 27 percent Republicans, and; 31 percent Independents. This was the largest skewing of Democrats to Republicans in a WaPo-ABC News poll since at least April. By contrast, in last month’s poll, the breakdown was 33 percent Democrats, 32 percent Republicans, and 30 percent Independents.

With this in mind, should it be at all surprising that President Bush’s job approval dropped by 3 percentage points since the September poll? Or that approval for the job Bush is doing in Iraq dropped by six points, and for the war on terror by eight?

Furthermore, given a ten point swing in the Democrat versus Republican respondent differential, should it be at all surprising that there was a four percentage point increase in folks saying they’ll vote for Democrats in November?

Forgive me, folks, but with four weeks to go before the midterm elections, it is absolutely shameful that any polling organization would do such a poor job of evenly distributing respondents by political affiliation.

Liberal media bias? What liberal media bias?

http://newsbusters.org/node/8221

Do not be to sure about the polls. If it is the Washington Post poll consider this.............

Washington Post/ABC News Poll Tremendously Skews Democrat Respondents
Posted by Noel Sheppard on October 10, 2006 - 13:52.
David Broder and Dan Balz wrote a rather lengthy, front-page story for the Washington Post this morning with the cautionary headline “Poll Shows Strong Shift Of Support to Democrats.” However, Broder and Balz chose not to share some key information from this poll with their readers, the most important of which being the political breakdown of those questioned. In fact, the meager percentage of Republican respondents to this survey should have led the Post to headline this article "Poll Shows Strong Shift Of Questions to Democrats!"

The article began: “Democrats have regained a commanding position going into the final weeks of the midterm-election campaigns, with support eroding for Republicans on Iraq, ethics and presidential leadership, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll.”

Yet, nowhere did the authors let their readers know that 41 percent more Democrats were questioned for this survey than Republicans. That’s right. The breakdown was: 38 percent Democrats; 27 percent Republicans, and; 31 percent Independents. This was the largest skewing of Democrats to Republicans in a WaPo-ABC News poll since at least April. By contrast, in last month’s poll, the breakdown was 33 percent Democrats, 32 percent Republicans, and 30 percent Independents.

With this in mind, should it be at all surprising that President Bush’s job approval dropped by 3 percentage points since the September poll? Or that approval for the job Bush is doing in Iraq dropped by six points, and for the war on terror by eight?

Furthermore, given a ten point swing in the Democrat versus Republican respondent differential, should it be at all surprising that there was a four percentage point increase in folks saying they’ll vote for Democrats in November?

Forgive me, folks, but with four weeks to go before the midterm elections, it is absolutely shameful that any polling organization would do such a poor job of evenly distributing respondents by political affiliation.

Liberal media bias? What liberal media bias?

http://newsbusters.org/node/8221

Go vote Dem........on?????? which is it... the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th ???????:smoke:

Need more????????

CNN’s Cafferty Laments George Allen’s Lead in Polls; Attacks His Character
Posted by Scott Whitlock on October 10, 2006 - 17:40.
Jack Cafferty, the CNN host of "The Cafferty File" segment of "The Situation Room," Tuesday asserted that Virginia Senator George Allen doesn’t "have much" character and lamented the fact that Allen is leading his opponent in the polls. He derided a new advertisement by Allen that calls for voters to focus on his stand on the issues:

Cafferty: "Allen doesn’t want voters to focus on his character, because it’s becoming more and more apparent in recent weeks that he may not have much. There was the time he called an Indian American volunteer from his opponent’s campaign ‘macaca’ and welcomed him to America. Allen’s been accused of using the N-word to refer to blacks. He denies ever doing that.

He’s been in the Senate for six years, but voters just learned a few weeks ago that he’s Jewish. He claims his mother never bothered to tell him. Sure.

And the Associated Press reports that for the last five years, Allen has not bothered to tell Congress about stock options that he got for being a director of a high tech company in Virginia. Allen says he did not report the stock options because he saw them as worthless. When his lawyer was told that Senate ethics require that stock options be reported regardless of their value, his lawyer said he was unfamiliar with that provision. You want to know why things are so screwed up in Washington D.C.? In spite of all the things I just mentioned, Allen is leading in the polls, four weeks before the election.Maybe Allen is on to something, maybe character doesn’t matter to Virginia voters."

Cafferty often tries to portray himself as an equal opportunity curmudgeon, someone who will speak his mind about power. He opened the Allen segment by noting that a October 9 debate was the last one scheduled between the two Virginia candidates. "The voters are grateful that’s over," he observed. However, the above piece, which aired at 4:22p.m. on October 10, showcased the real Cafferty, a committed left-wing ideologue. He mentioned the allegations that Allen used the N-word in the early 1970s, but completely ignored the allegations that his Democratic opponent, James Webb, also uttered such slurs.

Finally, considering that Cafferty essentially called for a political candidate’s defeat, is it not time for the cable network to include an onscreen graphic that labels his segment as opinion?

http://newsbusters.org/node/8227

Go vote Dem....

On the, ?? which is it????

The 5th, the 6th,7th, 8th,,,,,,,,duh.......:slap:

I think I may be one of the few Republicans that doesn't neccesarily see the media as for the Left...In my opinion they are against whoever is in power. I remember when Clinton was in office, they didn't try to hide his mistakes. That's just how I see it. Right now I do think they "favor" the Democrats more. That's just for right now though.

I think I may be one of the few Republicans that doesn't neccesarily see the media as for the Left...In my opinion they are against whoever is in power. I remember when Clinton was in office, they didn't try to hide his mistakes. That's just how I see it. Right now I do think they "favor" the Democrats more. That's just for right now though.

I don't agree with that assessment at all. Just take the Lewinsky issue. They tried to cover it up, tried to sell her off as a little hussie and liar, until she came up with the blue dress and then no one could deny the truth. Only then did the MSM go into attack mode on Clinton. And they have been apologizing for it ever since.

There were dozens of Clinton scandals where the MSM denied and hid the truth: Paula Jones, Vince Foster, Whitewater. Unless invincible evidence was found, the media hid the truth.

Compare that with ANY GOP scandal. The difference is black and white.

I don't believe you were paying attention during the 1990's or were too young to form a proper opinion. The media had and maintains an ongoing lovefest for Bill Clinton, his administration, and his unfortunate "wife". Clinton was handled with kid gloves and placed on a shelf not to be touched. The media denounced republicans who attempted to, properly and justifiably, impeach him.

Forum List

Back