Democrats Support Blacks...as Usual

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Here is cinematic representation of the relationship between the Democrat Party and African-Americans….guess who Charlie represents, and who Terry represents.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeVq1e6JKlw&feature=related[/ame]

1. In 2005, the Democrats did not name Donna Brazile to head the Democratic National Committee. They chose Howard Dean.

2. “Gov. David A. Paterson defiantly vowed to run for election next year despite the White House‘s urging that he withdraw from the New York governor’s race.” http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/nyregion/20paterson.html

3. President Barack Obama has kept mum on the fate of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) for days -- but he tells CBS News that it's time for the embattled 80-year-old former Ways and Means Chairman to end his career "with dignity."
"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served-- his constituents very well. But these-- allegations are very troubling," Obama told Harry Smith in an interview to be aired on the "Early Show." and first broadcast on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric. Obama: Time for Rangel to end career "with dignity" - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

4 Harold Ford told not to run for Senator from New York:
“From the start, Mr. Ford’s potential candidacy angered national Democratic Party leaders by disrupting plans for what was planned as a seamless Gillibrand nomination. Harry Reid of Nevada, the Senate majority leader, called Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to discourage him from supporting Mr. Ford, and Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York met personally with Mr. Ford to argue against his candidacy.” http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/nyregion/02ford.html

5. “As state comptroller, [Carl] McCall earned the distinction of being the first African American ever elected to a statewide office in New York. Four years later voters overwhelmingly supported McCall over Republican Bruce Blakeman 64.75 to 32.1%. McCall's reelection in 1998 may have given him the confidence he needed in order to pursue the governor's mansion….The McCall campaign had the support of the Democratic Party; whether or not McCall had the party's full support has been the subject of much debate….Still one wonders just how committed the party was to McCall's campaign….shunned by some of the state's most respected Democrats…McCall blamed his money woes on the national Democratic Party, claiming that the party had abandoned his campaign….” H. Carl McCall for Governor: a lesson to all black high-profile statewide office seekers. - Free Online Library

6. And, most telling, Bill Clinton’s remarks about the black candidate for the presidency:
“[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.”Teddy's anger - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

7. Three staffers working for embattled Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) were asked by security officers to leave an event in downtown Washington on Thursday after they tried to display large campaign signs just as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was about to speak. .. Waters told The Hill afterward that the staffers had been displaying the signs at the annual legislative conference for the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, which was held at the Washington convention center a few blocks away. “It ain’t about Nancy. It’s about black people,” Waters said. Waters aides expelled from Pelosi event - TheHill.com

8. And what Governor of Arkansas made the Saturday before Easter "Confederate Flag Day"?The Arkansas Code, Section 1-5-107. Confederate Flag Day.
(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as "Confederate Flag Day" in this state.
No person, firm, or corporation shall display any Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America.
Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

9. Do Democrats in Congress support blacks by practicing affirmative action in their hiring…and of course this would be our of moral convictions, as they are legally exempt from affirmative action requirements. More than passing interesting, the ‘National Journal,’ a survey of congressional staffers revealed that Democrats hired black employees at the same rate as Republicans: 2 percent. “The Racial Breakdown of Congressional Staffs,” National Journal, June 21, 2005
a. Schweitzer, “Do As I Say,” p. 9

And the latest version of 'push blacks to the back'....

10. Clinton pushed black candidate to drop out of Florida race:
“Bill Clinton sought to persuade Rep. Kendrick Meek to drop out of the race for Senate during a trip to Florida last week — and nearly succeeded…Clinton did not dangle a job in front of Meek, who gave up a safe House seat to run for the Senate, but instead made the case that the move would advance the congressman’s future prospects, said a third Democrat familiar with the conversations. Clinton campaigned with Meek in Florida on Oct. 19 and 20, and thought he had won Meek over. But as the week wore on, Meek lost his enthusiasm for the arrangement, spurred in part, a third Democratic source said, by his wife’s belief that he could still win the race. Clinton spoke with Meek again at week’s end, three Democrats said, and again Meek said he would drop out.”
Read more: Bill Clinton pushed Kendrick Meek to quit Florida race - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Does this line from the movie tell it all? "...kid...this ain't your night.."

Sweet! The third race-baiting thread authored by a "conservative" in one day.

So, does this count as a denial, I mean, once you toss in the term 'conservative'?

Or a deflection from the premise which is, simply, that policies and actions by Democrats are designed to seem to support blacks, but in reality, they simply use blacks.

But, thank you for reading...

So, does this count as a denial, I mean, once you toss in the term 'conservative'?

Or a deflection from the premise which is, simply, that policies and actions by Democrats are designed to seem to support blacks, but in reality, they simply use blacks.

Wait, you actually think Ravi read the post? I'd wager money that Ravi did no such thing, I'm sure Ravi just read the thread title and took no time whatsoever to read the post.

But that's just like a liberal, make a snap judgment without digging in to get the facts.

Rick

:rolleyes:

PC has never posted a fact.

My poor friend Ravi, once again at a loss with the English language.

Ah, time for another remedial...

Fact:
•a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; "first you must collect all the facts of the case"
•a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts"
•an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; "your fears have no basis in fact"; "how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell"
define:fact - Google Search

And, now that the definition of fact is available...notice that each of the items in the OP is linked, so its factual basis is may be ascertained.

So, Ravi is in error...if I were a liberal, I'd be screaming 'liar...'

See, you've learned something today!
No need to thank me, Rav...

So why do republicans not support blacks?

How silly...

one is always disappointed when the evidence that brainwashing exists appears on the board...

As I recall, only one party has advanced a black as both Secretary of State, Supreme Court Justice, and head of the National Committee...

What's the racism in the Meek situation? Specifically.

Ya' know, I' a stickler for correct usage of language..so I have to give Ravi credit for seeing this as a kind of 'race-baiting'...

but not really of a pejorative nature.

Definition: Race baiting is any form of speech, actions, or other forms of communication, to anger, intimidate or incite a person or race of people,[1] to behave in ways that are inimical, and often harmful, to their personal or group interests.Race baiting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I freely admit that, with the election looming, I would like to see our black citizens angry at the Democrats...

...but I don't see this as being inimical to their interests; in fact, just the opposite.

I've been asking this question all morning and no one has an answer?

Then why are people here trying to make a racism issue out of a situation where no racism exists?

That would be dishonesty wouldn't it?

I've been asking this question all morning and no one has an answer?

Then why are people here trying to make a racism issue out of a situation where no racism exists?

That would be dishonesty wouldn't it?

I would be happy to answer, but first, are you stating that you actually read the OP, noted the bolded areas, and still cannot answer your own question?

So why do republicans not support blacks?

How silly...

one is always disappointed when the evidence that brainwashing exists appears on the board...

As I recall, only one party has advanced a black as both Secretary of State, Supreme Court Justice, and head of the National Committee...

Who's president?

lol

So, it seems that your logic suggests that a black Democrat as President indicates that Republicans do not support blacks?

Clearly, you are the recipient of the 'Cynthia McKinney Brilliant Democrat' Award!

There is none. Apparently Clinton never made any request, and if he did it would have nothing to do with Meek's "race". Crist and Meek are splitting the non-rightwing loon vote in Florida. Crist is popular with many more people than Meek. So the logical way to beat Rubio is to have Meek bow out and throw his support to Crist. It wouldn't work the other way because Meek is has almost no support in comparison to Crist.

This is nothing but pure race baiting on PC's part, as it was on Kman's part in the other thread, and USARMYFUCKTARD's.

There is none. Apparently Clinton never made any request, and if he did it would have nothing to do with Meek's "race". Crist and Meek are splitting the non-rightwing loon vote in Florida. Crist is popular with many more people than Meek. So the logical way to beat Rubio is to have Meek bow out and throw his support to Crist. It wouldn't work the other way because Meek is has almost no support in comparison to Crist.

This is nothing but pure race baiting on PC's part, as it was on Kman's part in the other thread, and USARMYFUCKTARD's.

A pretty good rebuttal to your post is the following:

1. “Modern liberalism has corrupted the concept of ‘equality,’ and replaced it with a radical egalitarianism: equality is imposed even when normal distinctions militate against it. That notion caused the prompt skewing of the non-discrimination laws by the bureaucrats and courts into whose care the implementation of the policy was given. Non-discrimination became discrimination, but against different people: white males. The new discrimination did not violate the tenets of radical egalitarianism, because modern liberals, who control these policies, do not think in terms of individuals but in terms of groups. Thus, proportional representation of groups in the workplace, on faculties, and in student bodies looks like non-discrimination to them. That is the rationale for affirmative action.” Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 79
(emphasis mine)

2. So, while you may be able to explain away the Meeks situation by an explanation, logical though it may be, "equality is imposed even when normal distinctions militate against it."
The left has often seen racism, i.e. a lack of equality, even when the alleged perpetrators have logical explanations for a given situation.

Why should Democrats be exempt from the same kind of examination?

Why is it the black who must withdraw?

In each and every case?

Sure looks racist.

3. Further, it is exactly why I listed ten similar situations, in which the best interests of blacks, groups or individuals, are neglected by the Democrat establishment. It becomes more and more difficult for apologists such as yourself when the examples pile up.

Why is it that republicans think blacks cant make up their own minds correctly?

Forum List

Back