Democrats seem to be the faster shrinking party.

Nope. Democrats also tend to go with the young vote and more young people came out in 08 than 12. Thats why there is a drop. If the youth came out every election, the democrats would never lose.

Counting on the youth vote is myopic at best.

When a recent university graduate sees his dreams disappearing in an affirmative action nightmare, he will quickly turn from a pie-in-the-sky Democrat to a real life Republican.

When a young and promiscuous Democrat woman finds love and marriage and children, she will become a Republican in no time.

As the old saying goes: A conservative is a liberal who was mugged. Having been taken advantage of, due to youth is nothing short of mental muggery.

Even if that is not the case, people get smarter and more moral as they grow older.

Right wingers never complain about "rich people's affirmative action".

Bush jumped over thousands at his father's request. Graduates with a C- average. Worst president in US History.

John McCain gets in because of father and grandfather. Graduates 5th from bottom out of a graduating class of 899. One of the Keating 5. Forrestahl. Crashed 5 jets. Could have been president.

For the right wing, "Rich and White" can do no wrong.

Can you please stop race baiting... Bush was horrible President, care to list me the reasons why so I can compare that lsit (policies) with how much Obama expanded upon them for you?

You're a troll, none of reality matters to you. Please, I'm asking you, stop.

Can you please stop race baiting... Bush was horrible President, care to list me the reasons why so I can compare that lsit (policies) with how much Obama expanded upon them for you?

But, but, but, We loved Bush because he's white and we hate Obama because he is black (That was sarcasm for those who are slow).

rdean doesn't have the intellectual honesty to admit to himself that his caricatures and lies about others aren't the truth. He actally believes the nonsense he spews.

Nevermind that many of us opposed Bush for similiar reasons we opposed Obama. They were both progressives. Bush not as bad as Obama, but still horrible with what he spent and alot of the entitlement programs he expanded. Not to mention immigration

I'd says it probably bothers him that Bush was better than Obama, but considering they still really aren't that good, i doubt he would even admit it.

And your posts get even dumber... Please stop trolling. We get it, you hate white people and Republicans, they are all uneducated while all liberals are super smart, like you... right? You have a college education in something stunningly important, correct?

Look at the maps:

Map No. 1 is entitled where do the 47% live and it's from a conservative blog:

Where Do the 47 Percent Live? | The American Conservative

Poor, white and living in states with the worst education systems in the country. These states, ladies and gentlement are the backbone of the Republican Party.

Here's another one that points out that "maker" states voted for Obama and "taker" states for Romney.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox...tates_like_obama_more_than_taker_states_.html

Last edited:
Democrats seem to be the faster shrinking party.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubkbLvjP58M]Newt Gingrich: GOP Unable to Compete with Hillary Clinton 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

And your posts get even dumber... Please stop trolling. We get it, you hate white people and Republicans, they are all uneducated while all liberals are super smart, like you... right? You have a college education in something stunningly important, correct?

Look at the maps:

Map No. 1 is entitled where do the 47% live and it's from a conservative blog:

Where Do the 47 Percent Live? | The American Conservative

Poor, white and living in states with the worst education systems in the country. These states, ladies and gentlement are the backbone of the Republican Party.

Here's another one that points out that "maker" states voted for Obama and "taker" states for Republicans.

Makers vs. takers: At the aggregate level, maker states like Obama more than taker states.

And yet millions upon millions in the states you have listed vote for Dems, while in the "better" eductated states millions upon millions still vote Republican.

I'm not here to defend the Republican party, it's lost its way. I'm here talking about the fact that Dems are in fact a shrinking party based purely on votes. No matter how much you hate white people the Dem party is losing actual votes.

Last edited:

But, but, but, We loved Bush because he's white and we hate Obama because he is black (That was sarcasm for those who are slow).

rdean doesn't have the intellectual honesty to admit to himself that his caricatures and lies about others aren't the truth. He actally believes the nonsense he spews.

Nevermind that many of us opposed Bush for similiar reasons we opposed Obama. They were both progressives. Bush not as bad as Obama, but still horrible with what he spent and alot of the entitlement programs he expanded. Not to mention immigration

I'd says it probably bothers him that Bush was better than Obama, but considering they still really aren't that good, i doubt he would even admit it.

We agree fully.

As I said before, I have talked about this issue and it's either ignored or glossed over. Even in a thread dedicated to the issue itself some people make it about race, or call Republican bigots oooor anything but the fact that Dems lost near 4 million votes this election and Republicans gained almost 1 million votes.

What's even a bigger issue is that both parties should have grown by about 5 million (or so) votes this election. Meaning the Dems shrunk by around 9 million votes and Reps shrunk by about 4 million.

I’d really have to look at the numbers but just going off the general growth from 1986 to 2012 that’s about 10 million in growth every election. Seeing as 2012 was the only one with a loss of near 4 million votes, then you do have to add in the 10 million not accounted for from population growth.

I wanted to make this a thread because it seems like either I'm missing something or when I bring it up it's glossed over.

Here are the numbers from 2008:

Barrack Obama/Joseph Biden (Democrat) 69,456,897 votes (52.9%)
John McCain/Sarah Palin (Republican) 59,934,814 votes (45.7%)

Now, let’s look at 2012 numbers:

Obama/Biden Popular vote (Democrat) 65,621,369 (51.0%)
Mitt/Ryan Popular vote (Republican) 60,875,399 (47.3%)

Now, Republicans made up around 2% from 2008 in the total vote, meaning they did better in 2012 than 2008. In all about 3-4 million less votes were cast, all were lost by Democrats… Meaning currently Democrats are the fastest shrinking party by votes in America. This is a big deal because with population growth both parties should be growing by million, not stagnating or losing voters by the millions.

For context:

1996 total vote = about 95 million
United States presidential election, 1996 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2000 total vote = about 102 million United States presidential election, 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2004 total vote = about 121 million United States presidential election, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2008 total vote = about 129 million United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2012 total vote = about 126 million United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, 2012 is the first time in this table that the vote count shrunk, and it was all Democrats loss, 100%.

The GOP couldn't take advantage of lower Democratic turnout is what those numbers tell me.

I wanted to make this a thread because it seems like either I'm missing something or when I bring it up it's glossed over.

Now, Republicans made up around 2% from 2008 in the total vote, meaning they did better in 2012 than 2008. In all about 3-4 million less votes were cast, all were lost by Democrats… Meaning currently Democrats are the fastest shrinking party by votes in America. This is a big deal because with population growth both parties should be growing by million, not stagnating or losing voters by the millions.

For context:

2000 total vote = about 102 million United States presidential election, 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2004 total vote = about 121 million United States presidential election, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2008 total vote = about 129 million United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2012 total vote = about 126 million United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, 2012 is the first time in this table that the vote count shrunk, and it was all Democrats loss, 100%.

The GOP couldn't take advantage of lower Democratic turnout is what those numbers tell me.

So from 1996 to 2008 at 7-19 million in voter growth every election to negitive -4 million in 1 election tells you that? Man, some people really can't see past their party and defend defend defend!

That had to be the most stupid post I have seen all week... Didn't Obama brag he would have a billion this election? Obama out spent McCain in 2008, so Dems only won because they spent more than Reps? Or is this a "it's different when Dems do it" situatrion?

Check out the demographics of where the money came from. It's been posted before. Republicans had billionaires sending huge chunks of money. Sheldon Adelson said he would give $100,000,000.00. He knew that under Romney's tax plan, he would SAVE $2,000,000,000.00.

Obama broke records for the number of people sending in money in amounts of $50 and $100. The Republican base is poor and uneducated. Most of their money came from the very, very rich. You can't win on a few millionaires and billionaires and a bunch of uneducated, racist white people.

The Democratic people has lots of white people. They are those not welcome in the Republican Party. Gays, college professors, scientists, smart people, uneducated, conservative, liberal, atheists, all kinds of white people. Then you add in blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Hindu, and suddenly, you have a "coalition" party.

We call this the "truth". Republicans call it "dumb".

I have not bothered to find a link, but Sheldon Adelson's or even the Koch Brother's contribution is dwarfed by that of Gyorgy Soros (Nazi sympathizer Hungarian Jew, who made his billions by ruining millions of lives) and other hypocrite uber-rich like those in Hollywood, like Barbra Streisand, Michael Moore, Alec Baldwin, Bill Maher.

Not to mention the millions stolen from hard-working Americans who were forced to pay union dues, knowing fully well that the money stolen from them will go and support crooks they would not support in a million years.

You haven't "bothered" to find a link because your claim is complete bullshit.

For context:

So from 1996 to 2008 at 7-19 million in voter growth every election to negitive -4 million in 1 election tells you that? Man, some people really can't see past their party and defend defend defend!

The numbers don't tell you the breakdown by party of each candidate's vote total.

Im not sure id say it's all Democrat loss. but you do make a good point.

Id be curious to see the actual registration counts. Though I suppose they could be padded with dead people.

I was going off votes, not people who sign up for the party. In this case Reps gained voters over 2008, very very slight. Dems lost 3-4 million. No matter how someone tries to spin it, less votes were cast for Dems than 4 years ago, by millions, more were cast for Republicans than 4 years ago. Just interesting.

Republicans were disheartened in 2008. The world was crashing and it was George W. Bush's fault the way everything today is Obama's fault. McCain looked like Death leading the march into the Abyss.

In comparison, Obama looked like the Messiah in 2008. Save us! Save us!

Four years later, the Messiah looked more like a paper tiger. No mojo.

And yet despite being unmasked as a complete flop, he still won. That speaks as much about the GOP as it does him.

Last edited:
Clearly, Americans were so riled up after what Bush and the Republicans did, they voted FOR Obama as much as they did AGAINST the Republicans.

This time, with Republicans armed with over a billion dollars coming mostly from a few multi billionaires, Republican's voter suppression, which was clearly on display in Penn, Florida, Ohio, among other states, and a white Republican base motivated by race, every Republican possible got out to vote. And from the number of felonies Republican surrogates were charged with, there were more Republican votes than Republicans.

Obama still won by millions. Too many to "fake". And Romney received 47% of the vote. His mistake was thinking the country is 53% white, uneducated and racist.

That had to be the most stupid post I have seen all week... Didn't Obama brag he would have a billion this election? Obama out spent McCain in 2008, so Dems only won because they spent more than Reps? Or is this a "it's different when Dems do it" situatrion?

Check out the demographics of where the money came from. It's been posted before. Republicans had billionaires sending huge chunks of money. Sheldon Adelson said he would give $100,000,000.00. He knew that under Romney's tax plan, he would SAVE $2,000,000,000.00.

Obama broke records for the number of people sending in money in amounts of $50 and $100. The Republican base is poor and uneducated. Most of their money came from the very, very rich. You can't win on a few millionaires and billionaires and a bunch of uneducated, racist white people.

The Democratic people has lots of white people. They are those not welcome in the Republican Party. Gays, college professors, scientists, smart people, uneducated, conservative, liberal, atheists, all kinds of white people. Then you add in blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Hindu, and suddenly, you have a "coalition" party.

We call this the "truth". Republicans call it "dumb".
Keep talking, you look more foolish all the time.

Nope. Democrats also tend to go with the young vote and more young people came out in 08 than 12. Thats why there is a drop. If the youth came out every election, the democrats would never lose.

Your post makes no sense. Are you saying Democrats pretty much lost all of the youth vote in 1 election? Near 4 million people LESS showed up to vote for Dems, on top of that there is zero growth, meaning Dems should have pulled a growth of 2-6 million...

I don't mind people having reasons why less people voted Democrat, but to claim 4 million less "youth voters" showed up is pretty much a huge loss for the Dems, long term. It suggests that Dems only won in 2008 because of a fluke.

youth are lazy. Youth don't tend to come out and vote. Most came out in 2008 because of hype and history.

it has been said that if the youth voted and voted like seniors the GOP would never win a seat again.

Forum List

Back