Democrats Say Suspend Health Care Reform

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
This is DEMOCRATS calling for a halt to healthcare reform legislation folks - the Scott Brown victory proving to have instant impace, and also showing a clear shift by some within the Democrat party AWAY from Obama-Pelosi-Reid...

____

The fallout: Democrats rethinking health care bill

...But several House members said Tuesday night that they had no interest in pursuing the most likely scenario for moving ahead with a bill — approving the already-passed Senate version of health reform in the House – and some said President Barack Obama should step back and start over.

In fact, early signs of split emerged as the polls closed in Massachusetts – between leaders like Majority Leader Steny Hoyer who said “the Senate bill is better than nothing,” and individual members who didn’t want to swallow the Senate’s version of health reform whole.

..."The only way to go forward is to take a step back. If there isn't any recognition that we got the message and we are trying to recalibrate and do things differently, we are not only going to risk looking ignorant but arrogant,” said Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.), one of the leading advocates for health reform in the House.

The fallout: Democrats rethinking health care bill - Carrie Budoff Brown and Patrick O'Connor - POLITICO.com

Like rats leaving a sinking ship....here's another:

On to Plan C - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
Senator Jim Webb puts out a statement that puts the notion of a quick Senate vote out of reach and pretty much makes a certification fight moot:

In many ways the campaign in Massachusetts became a referendum not only on health care reform but also on the openness and integrity of our government process. It is vital that we restore the respect of the American people in our system of government and in our leaders. To that end, I believe it would only be fair and prudent that we suspend further votes on health care legislation until Senator-elect Brown is seated.
The Blue Dogs are heading for the hills. ObamaCare is dead. God Bless America!

Senator Jim Webb puts out a statement that puts the notion of a quick Senate vote out of reach and pretty much makes a certification fight moot:

In many ways the campaign in Massachusetts became a referendum not only on health care reform but also on the openness and integrity of our government process. It is vital that we restore the respect of the American people in our system of government and in our leaders. To that end, I believe it would only be fair and prudent that we suspend further votes on health care legislation until Senator-elect Brown is seated.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

i'm in tears with pride for the American people and the fact that they've said loud and clear that "less government is more"-- it's not just Mass.-- does anyone know how many folks sent money from out of state?-- this election stops them in their tracks-- t

They won't torch their careers for a one term POTUS.

Three elections now, and Barry has been unable to sway the voters to vote for his side, in two very blue states (NJ & Mass)

greekster-- soooo true-- i'm telling u... Health Care is done-- Regards, t

Healthcare is history. Finally. If the dems keep pushing this unconstitutional bill the repercussions will have them in the minority come November. I expect them to start scurrying like rats.

Im not going to drop my guard until the leadership takes it off the table. They may no longer have the votes, but that doesnt mean Obama, Pelosi, and Reid are going to back down immediately. Dont celebrate till its over

The cons would push it through with 51 votes, they haven't had 60 votes since the 1920s. That's how they passed the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.

This is DEMOCRATS calling for a halt to healthcare reform legislation folks - the Scott Brown victory proving to have instant impace, and also showing a clear shift by some within the Democrat party AWAY from Obama-Pelosi-Reid...

____

The fallout: Democrats rethinking health care bill

...But several House members said Tuesday night that they had no interest in pursuing the most likely scenario for moving ahead with a bill — approving the already-passed Senate version of health reform in the House – and some said President Barack Obama should step back and start over.

In fact, early signs of split emerged as the polls closed in Massachusetts – between leaders like Majority Leader Steny Hoyer who said “the Senate bill is better than nothing,” and individual members who didn’t want to swallow the Senate’s version of health reform whole.

..."The only way to go forward is to take a step back. If there isn't any recognition that we got the message and we are trying to recalibrate and do things differently, we are not only going to risk looking ignorant but arrogant,” said Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.), one of the leading advocates for health reform in the House.

The fallout: Democrats rethinking health care bill - Carrie Budoff Brown and Patrick O'Connor - POLITICO.com

Well I think there are some other things weighing in here. I think they are looking at Harry Reid who in ALL the polls are losing to EVERY Republican running in the primaries (Even the drunk Danny Tarkanian) then looking at Chris Dodd, then now this Brown situation which I think became the tipping point. They are realizing there is going to be hell to pay in the next election cycle.

Well I think there are some other things weighing in here. I think they are looking at Harry Reid who in ALL the polls are losing to EVERY Republican running in the primaries (Even the drunk Danny Tarkanian) then looking at Chris Dodd, then now this Brown situation which I think became the tipping point. They are realizing there is going to be hell to pay in the next election cycle.

People don't like being lied too, that was the real reason Bush tanked, the perception was he lied us into a war.

Now Barry and the Dems lied their asses off to get elected, and people are mad as hell about being taken in.

Another one bites the dust...Sorry Martha...you're free to go. Maybe you can get a ride in Senator Brown's truck.

People don't like being lied too, that was the real reason Bush tanked, the perception was he lied us into a war.

that was only part of it, a Republican who gives us medicare expansion, department of ed expansion, heavy small biz regulation with sarbanes-oxley, and increases spending at nearly 3x the rate of his DEMOCRAT predecessor isn't going to win many fans, W was the worst two-term president history

if the GOP gives us another Bush-McCain type of candidate, I'll vote for Barry again

that was only part of it, a Republican who gives us medicare expansion, department of ed expansion, heavy small biz regulation with sarbanes-oxley, and increases spending at nearly 3x the rate of his DEMOCRAT predecessor isn't going to win many fans, W was the worst two-term president history

if the GOP gives us another Bush-McCain type of candidate, I'll vote for Barry again

Actually, if they continue to ignore us, it might be fun to have a massive protest vote and write in "Common Sense".

Which in and of itself...was a lie. It's really quite sad....the state of affairs of American politics....it's like the entire populace is still in high school voting for class President....what a display of immaturity on both sides over the last 20 years.

AMEN Bro, AMEN !!!

Forum List

Back