Democrats say Palin mimics Bush divisiveness

experience in the senate alone doesnt not equal executive experience
if he had run a business, that might be different
but its odd that you return with he ran his campaign as experience
LOL

A campaign is a business ... you are selling yourself ... voters are investing in you ...

And it's the response that fits the parameters that the executive argument sets ...

How many power brokers has Palin walked the walked with in her experience...

Well, it isn't like she's a complete neophyte.

She certainly has spend time on her knees with the lobbyists who suck off government pork.

She's proven she knows how to abuse her authority under color of the law.

She clearly thinks that the government should be in control of woman's bodies.

She believes that Christian mythology should be taught as an alternative to scientific biology and cosmology.

She onboard with the community which doesn't believe that global warming is a problem.

Given all of the above, Sarash Palin strikes me as someone totally qualified to represent Republican values.

Very much so.

And the Dems are right, this campaign is being run on the same issues that Bush ran on the last two terms. Republicans pretending to be reformers when their platforms are actually to maintain their status quo. Accusations of elitism that worked so well against Kerry and Gore.

The question is, will it work once again?

Probably because as an executive, she has more experience?:lol:

but she isn't the one running remember?!

HER experience as an executive compared to Obama's isn't the point IMO.

She's more qualified than even McCain if that is the threshold.

and to say the Democrats are in "panic" mode is kind of interesting. did you actually think they wouldn't respond? The Republicans had the benefit of knowing they had their convention coming up so a swift and immediate response to the DNC wasn't necessarily as important in their situation.

I think the Republicans showed panic when McCain picked Palin without seemingly knowing anything about her other than what he gleened from a 3 hour interview conducted by his attorney and some news clippings. He got VERY lucky that this woman can deliver a speech better than he can.

I do think that it's going to get interesting because I think both the media and democratic interest groups are going to come after her and it's gonna be tough.

The dems because that's their job. they HAVE to discredit her as a reformer and an agent of change because she's very good at presenting that image of herself, even in the face of evidence to the contrary which has come out this week.

The media will come after her because she basically just gave the a big fuck you! They've already unearthed some pretty interesting things about her just in the last week. They will continue to dig and it seems that the Republicans are of the opinion that none of this matters as long as they continue presenting her as a reformer.

The truth is, at some point Sarah Palin is going to have to sit down and answer the tough questions. Go on Meet the Press, Go on Face the Nation, some NATIONAL show where she can present her views, not in a well crafted speech or sound bite, but minute to minute, unrehearsed and unfiltered.

Without doing that she will become known by whatever information comes out about her. and so far, it's not been flattering by way of painting her as the savior of the American way that the Repubs would like it to be.

i asked you before to name the legislation he got signed into law

In December 2006, President Bush signed into law the "Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act," marking the first federal legislation to be enacted with Obama as its primary sponsor.

Bold part just for you brother...:D

Hey, you asked!

In December 2006, President Bush signed into law the "Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act," marking the first federal legislation to be enacted with Obama as its primary sponsor.

Bold part just for you brother...:D

Hey, you asked!
wow, such important stuff that was
:lol:

way to hit those KOS/DU talking points
:rolleyes:

I've never been on KOS or DU.... and it doesn't take those things to see the obvious.

You guys have failed for the past two terms and you want more of the same. Baby Bush was the most divisive president in history... and you guys want more of the same. But feel free to show how Palin is a uniter not a divider. :eusa_whistle:

I've never been on KOS or DU.... and it doesn't take those things to see the obvious.

You guys have failed for the past two terms and you want more of the same. Baby Bush was the most divisive president in history... and you guys want more of the same. But feel free to show how Palin is a uniter not a divider. :eusa_whistle:
sorry, Bush bent over backwardss to work with the dems
it is a complete lie to say he was devisive

sorry, Bush bent over backwardss to work with the dems
it is a complete lie to say he was devisive

Bush told the Dems to bend over... but it wasn't backwards. He and his repub congress did everything possible to feed the base and try to follow the Rovian philosophy to build a "permanent republican majority", which they did by taking extremist right wing positions on pretty much everything.

Do you think the Terry Schiavo matter was important enough for Bush to fly back to the White House from Crawford on a weekend night?

Puleeze... I understand you have partisan loyaties, but your comments have no basis. After 9/11 I very much wanted to be able to support Bush. He made that impossible by squandering the good will of people of good will in my party.

(And don't tell me there is nothing he could have done to get my support. I voted Republican in every mayoral election since I was old enough to vote and voted for a republican governor most of that time (except for the last election) as well...)

<embed FlashVars="videoId=184086" src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/2008/09/jon-stewart-ann.html

And the governor runs things behind the scenes too?

I don't think so ...

You can bet that Obama is the primary decision maker in his campaign ... nothing major moves forward without his go ahead ... sounds like an executive to me ...

Obama has a message ... says what kind of campaign he wants to run ... and let's the underlings go at it ... he takes advice from the manager but at the end of the day the manager takes orders from the boss ... the candidate ...

Let me ask...

If someone who's running campaign makes a mistake, who is hurting?

If mayor or governor makes a mistake, who is hurting?

Bush told the Dems to bend over... but it wasn't backwards. He and his repub congress did everything possible to feed the base and try to follow the Rovian philosophy to build a "permanent republican majority", which they did by taking extremist right wing positions on pretty much everything.

Do you think the Terry Schiavo matter was important enough for Bush to fly back to the White House from Crawford on a weekend night?

Puleeze... I understand you have partisan loyaties, but your comments have no basis. After 9/11 I very much wanted to be able to support Bush. He made that impossible by squandering the good will of people of good will in my party.

(And don't tell me there is nothing he could have done to get my support. I voted Republican in every mayoral election since I was old enough to vote and voted for a republican governor most of that time (except for the last election) as well...)
sorry, that wasnt being partisan
saying he was devisive is

Forum List

Back