Democrats Save $

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
"The Senate, by a vote of 58-40, approved an amendment proposed by Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.) to strip $1.75 billion in funding for the F-22 fighter. Levin worked hand in hand to kill the F-22 money with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)." Huffington Post

The vote to kill this warplane is historic. The military-industrial complex, as decribed by former General and President Dwight Eisenhower, has been handed a rare defeat.

Personally, I would like to see every single weapons system reviewed, top to bottom, with an eye towards stopping production on all systems unless a DEFENSIVE need can be proven.

We waste hundreds of billions of dollars on devices to injure, maim and kill, and then ask "How can we afford to provide health care for everyone?"

The American people owe a huge debt of gratitude to President Obama, and Sens. McCain and Levin for the courage, judgement and guts it took to shoot this plane down before it dropped a bomb anywhere.

My sympathies to the workers who will lose their jobs working on this weapon.

Community Blogs - Blogs - Living Lake Country

I guess this plane had problems working in the rain and in the desert. What a joke.

Yeah you can always count on Dems to try to save money by fucking over the US military.

Didn't Pelosi try on 47 separate occasions to strand out fighting men in the ME and cut off their funding?

"The Senate, by a vote of 58-40, approved an amendment proposed by Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.) to strip $1.75 billion in funding for the F-22 fighter. Levin worked hand in hand to kill the F-22 money with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)." Huffington Post

The vote to kill this warplane is historic. The military-industrial complex, as decribed by former General and President Dwight Eisenhower, has been handed a rare defeat.

Personally, I would like to see every single weapons system reviewed, top to bottom, with an eye towards stopping production on all systems unless a DEFENSIVE need can be proven.

We waste hundreds of billions of dollars on devices to injure, maim and kill, and then ask "How can we afford to provide health care for everyone?"

The American people owe a huge debt of gratitude to President Obama, and Sens. McCain and Levin for the courage, judgement and guts it took to shoot this plane down before it dropped a bomb anywhere.

I guess this plane had problems working in the rain and in the desert. What a joke.

Read my lips "it's all about a 3 letter word" "Jobs Jobs Jobs" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: but we had to spend billions to "save" those fucking "union" jobs jobs jobs can you say HYPOCRITE??? WELLCANYAHUH?

dont know enough about the f22 but i would guess that considering the type of wars we are now fighting advanced fighter planes arent something necessary at this point in time, we can probably ok with the many types of fighters we already have.

Well to their credit the Government is saving GM from paying taxes because their Q2 sales fell 15.4 pct, first half sales fall 21.8 pct, and first half global market share 12 pct, down 0.3 pct pt.

Pretty good management by Government Motors.

I think Ford outsold GM for the first time since the introduction of the Model T.

dont know enough about the f22 but i would guess that considering the type of wars we are now fighting advanced fighter planes arent something necessary at this point in time, we can probably ok with the many types of fighters we already have.

Too bad Cronkite just croaked, we could have asked him, what with him being a military genius and all calling Tet for the North

Hell, let's get the original plans and specs for the A-10 and start building new ones.

The A-10 is like the battleship, sure it no longer serves a purpose, BUT WHAT A COOL FUCKING PIECE OF MACHINERY!

Close tactical air support always serves a purpose...That's why they took the A-10s out of Davis-Monthan, reworked the main spars and put them back into service.

Yeah, but the USS Reagan alone, operating out of the North sea could take out the entire Russian 58th Army. We're not going to have to face Third Shock Army pouring through the Fulda gap. I think that was the original role for the A-10

I'm glad the A-10 is still in service

Yeah who needs air superiority anyway. Air superiority is over-rated I guess.

The democrat party is now the party of mediocrity.

no it did not....go to the thread on this you might learn something....

it has been operating in some harsh weather conditions from the DESERTS of California to Washington to Alaska....see what happens Bobo when you dont do your homework....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back