Democrats - Republicans: It's the Economy

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
I'm not a democrat or a republican so it really doesn't matter to me. But if you want to do well in 2010 and 2012 STOP talking about the politics of personal destruction and START talking about real economic issues and reducing the deficit.

Having something like a real, doable plan to reduce the deficit will go A LONG WAY with the voters.

The party that is most trusted on THIS issue will win in 2012.

That's my opinion anyway.

I'm not a democrat or a republican so it really doesn't matter to me. But if you want to do well in 2010 and 2012 STOP talking about the politics of personal destruction and START talking about real economic issues and reducing the deficit.

Having something like a real, doable plan to reduce the deficit will go A LONG WAY with the voters.

I have got a great idea. How about government stop the freakin spending? :clap2: We have a so-called 787 BILLION dollar economic stimulus bill that hasn't done a dam thing to create private sector jobs. Then these morons signed off on another 450 BILLION dollar Ominus bill that was loaded with over 9000 earmarks.

How about CUT the size of the federal government--there are hundreds of thousands that could be laid-off in government without much notice---:lol: How about several of Obama's radical/racist Czar's for a start?

Odd that while Americans have cut back on every single expenditure they have had--our federal government has decided to spend our money like it grows on trees so they can accomplish massive government expansion.

Obama is obviously the man for the Dems in 2012, but I think this is wise advice for the Republicans. The trouble with national elections is that there is so much time between the primaries and the general election that hot issues can change from one to the other. John McCain won the Republican nomination in 2008 because his national security background matched well with national concerns about Iraq and Afghanistan. By general election time the hot topic had changed to the economy-- an obvious weak place for McCain.

Obama has introduced several plans to grow the deficit while in office (trusting the CBO above Obama's promises), so this should still be a hot issue for 2012. As I see it, so far Mitt Romney is the best Republican of those being discussed for 2012 on this issue. He did his undergraduate work in Economics and has a JDMBA degree. I'd like to hear more of his ideas.

Meanwhile, congressmen and senators running in 2010 will also benefit from knowledge of economics. But the personal attacks within the GOP also gotta stop. You don't have to follow or believe Palin, but don't trash her in . Huckabee needs to put his religious prejudices aside. Others can dissociate from those involved in scandals without compounding the problem through ill-considered public comments. Talking about the economy will help, but if the party continues attacking itself I think many people will be too turned off to care how much a candidate knows about economics.

Parties that are most trusted on this issue never win national elections. Instead, people keep electing Democrats and Republicans.

Forum List

Back