Democrats & Religion

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

If Democrats attend regular religious services how can they be so outraged by positions on ethics, morals and Christian religious beliefs and the Jewish Toras Chaim "instructions for living" espoused by politicians?

It just seems odd to me....:confused:

The other question, why attend services if they don't actually believe in what their being taught?

Last edited:
Guess it depends on the interpretation that is taught
for example Black Liberation Theology with its Marxist roots
explains a lot about Papa Obama

obama_book_goddamn_america.jpg

Guess it depends on the interpretation that is taught
for example Black Liberation Theology with its Marxist roots
explains a lot about Papa Obama

obama_book_goddamn_america.jpg

This Nigerian professor who now teaches in Rochester was just all over Gates for his racism against islanders and continentals.

But that's how American blacks roll.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

If Democrats attend regular religious services how can they be so outraged by positions on ethics, morals and Christian religious beliefs and the Jewish Toras Chaim "instructions for living" espoused by politicians?

The other question, why attend services if they don't actually believe in what their being taught?

Perhaps, because there's a difference betwen the public and the private. What's scary is that people like Santorum don't believe it, in direct opposition to the first amendment.

Scary no

just pathetic

Oh apologies. I should have not been so flippant nor brief.

Gates is the type of really scary American black in the sense that he would deprive any island black or continental black getting ahead of anyone else on campus.

Long story. Horridly true. And Gates one of Obama's heros is the most racist of all against islanders and continentals.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

Perhaps, because there's a difference betwen the public and the private. What's scary is that people like Santorum don't believe it, in direct opposition to the first amendment.

Santorum completely believes in the First Amendment.

What are you blathering about? Or is this the new low? Or the new talking point?

I better run to HuffPo right now to see what's going to happen on this board.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

Santorum completely believes in the First Amendment.

What are you blathering about? Or is this the new low? Or the new talking point?

I better run to HuffPo right now to see what's going to happen on this board.

Don't have a good comeback so you have assume I read this somewhere else? SAD! It's obvious that he'll try to turn things toward his own "theology". You should be able to see it in his trying to pin that charge on others. It's a distraction meant to confuse the issue and hide his own agenda. Why can't you see that? It seems painfully obvious to you when you see it in Obama! Take off the blinders.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

Aside from Santorum, are you saying that during a religious service you belief one way but once you walk out the door you believe another way?

I could be misreading your implication but I wonder about this conflict...

i think if you'll take a look at other countries whose government follows a specific religious doctrine, you may not want that here.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

Tell us where the fist amendment says you don't have the right to freedom of religion in the public.
You are the one believing in the opposite, suppression of religion.
No where does the fist amendment say silence of religion if you are a politician.

i think if you'll take a look at other countries whose government follows a specific religious doctrine, you may not want that here.

I don't think anyone is saying we should become a theocracy, but the parinoid speration of church and state zealot liberals are always worried thats what is happening.

Yup, we certainly don't want state sponsored religious doctrine but when you get down to the individual, how is it possible to departmentalize and very your religious beliefs from your political leanings if there is an actual conflict between the two..?

Not even Catholic women agree with the Catholic Church's stand on contraception. And the 'Conservatives' stand on this has zero to do with the Constitution, simply another way to strike at President Obama. One which, in November, will actually be a plus for the President.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

Aside from Santorum, are you saying that during a religious service you belief one way but once you walk out the door you believe another way?

I could be misreading your implication but I wonder about this conflict...

No conflict. In the public sphere no one should be enforcing their morals on others. We're not talking murder ot theft here, but privarte matters that should stay private.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

Tell us where the fist amendment says you don't have the right to freedom of religion in the public.
You are the one believing in the opposite, suppression of religion.
No where does the fist amendment say silence of religion if you are a politician.

He's running for President, ergo, Head of Government. When he speaks on the camapign trail, he's telling us what he'll do and how he'll think in office. That's when it becomes a violation and he's telling us right now that that's the case.

Yup, we certainly don't want state sponsored religious doctrine but when you get down to the individual, how is it possible to departmentalize and very your religious beliefs from your political leanings if there is an actual conflict between the two..?

If someone can't follow the first, he shouldn't be running. There's a big difference between not believing in abortion and avoiding it in one's private life and actively trying to prevent others from obtaining one in one's public life. That should be an individual's decision, not Santorums's.

I think it would be nice if all the religions would just go away and stop bothering us, but that's just me.

I do find it funny that the people who scream about Wright (who is a troll) have no problem with Santorum or Romney, whose religions are just as crazy as Wright.

Politics & Religion...

So what's the deal here?

Probably 80 % of so called christians are this way.

Going thru the motions just so take care of peer pressure and such.
An avowed atheist in the bible belt will have a lot of trouble finding a job, or customers.

Forum List

Back