Democrats Push to Redeploy Obama’s Voter Database

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
barrymillay1:33 PM EST

Can you say "Totalitarian Nation"? The Democrats have a file on you. Soon, they'll have access to your medical and health records, thanks to all you super-intelligent Democrats out there. May has well tattoo federal ID numbers on the back of our necks

If you voted this election season, President Obama almost certainly has a file on you. His vast campaign database includes information on voters’ magazine subscriptions, car registrations, housing values and hunting licenses, along with scores estimating how likely they were to cast ballots for his reelection.

And though the election is over, Obama’s database is just getting started.

Democrats push to redeploy Obama’s voter database - The Washington Post

Last edited:

Can you say "Totalitarian Nation"? The Democrats have a file on you. Soon, they'll have access to your medical and health records, thanks to all you super-intelligent Democrats out there. May has well tattoo federal ID numbers on the back of our necks

If you voted this election season, President Obama almost certainly has a file on you. His vast campaign database includes information on voters’ magazine subscriptions, car registrations, housing values and hunting licenses, along with scores estimating how likely they were to cast ballots for his reelection.

Those FEMA camps aren't going to fill themselves, ya know! :tinfoil:

Oh please, the government has had files on everyone for years. You don't think they don't keep track of what you do? You don't think that they know every single person on these forums, knows where you work, where you live, your medical records, school records, where you work and your performance there?

They know everything about us. They have for years. They know more about you then they know about other countries. The only difference now is that most of the general public realizes that their lives are in no way secret to the government. They've been watching us for a long time now. To think that Obama is starting it is folly.

Oh please, the government has had files on everyone for years. You don't think they don't keep track of what you do? You don't think that they know every single person on these forums, knows where you work, where you live, your medical records, school records, where you work and your performance there?

They know everything about us. They have for years. They know more about you then they know about other countries. The only difference now is that most of the general public realizes that their lives are in no way secret to the government. They've been watching us for a long time now. To think that Obama is starting it is folly.

Since I was in grade school in the 50s, I was told to watch out. Things could end up on my permanent record! :ack-1:

So was I when I was going in the 90s/early 21st.
And there is a permanent record. Thank the CIA for that. If they turned their intelligence assets more foreign than domestic, a lot more could be done.

Not saying that some people need to be watched that live here in the States. I'm absolutely certain that Westboro Baptist Church is going to get more violent as the years go on, for example. They need to be watched... actually they all need to be shot but whatever.

You do realize everything you post online becomes a permanent Internet record for Gawd and the world to see for all eternity? There's no privacy these days in anything you do. As long as you're not doing anything illegal, then all you are is a statistic. BFD.

My 3rd Grade teacher Mrs. Beaumont wasn't fucking kidding about stuff going on my "permanent record"

One nation, under surveillance

Obama's gotta make sure that it's safe for the replacement Americans

ewww a voter list. Gasp - oh yeah - EVERYONE has one.
Obama's team just did it better.

Indeed, Obama's campaign was competent enough to build a system that works.

The [Obama] campaign invested heavily in engineers and technologists, including many who had never worked in politics before, and used Amazon Web Services to host the voter database on its cloud servers. The key was a program the campaign built — called Narwhal after a predatory whale whose single tusk makes it look a bit like a fat, finned unicorn — that consolidated lists of voters and donors, often collected over years by state party officials and campaigns.

Narwhal allowed related pieces of software, such as those used by field organizers and call center workers, to both draw on the information in the voter database and continually update it.

The Romney’s campaign computer system, which officials there dubbed Orca after one of the few known predators of narwhals, crashed so badly on Election Day that many Republicans have derisively rechristened it “the Fail Whale.” The term was popularized by users of Twitter, which showed a cartoon image of a flock of birds attempting to lift a smiling, chubby whale when the company’s systems were overmatched.

Last edited:
My 3rd Grade teacher Mrs. Beaumont wasn't fucking kidding about stuff going on my "permanent record"

One nation, under surveillance

Obama's gotta make sure that it's safe for the replacement Americans

Certainly didn't start with Obama. I think it was McCarthy and his "lists", mostly blank pages for show, but it was continued and expanded by conservatives trying to scare us about Commies and Muslims.

Forum List

Back