Democrats planning to secure jobs for ILLEGALS--want to cut E-Verify!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Listening to Lou Dobbs on CNN tonight--February 4, 2009--Democrats, backed by the United States Chamber of Commerce want to cut E-verify from the stimulus package.

E-Verify is for employers--wanting to check on the citizen status of prospective employees. We already have E-verify but it is due to expire this March. Through E-verify an employer can go on-line to check the citizen status of an employee before hiring them. It has been very helpful to employers.

According to a republican senator who is desperately fighting to keep this "low" cost assurance--that American citizens will get the jobs. He says if E-verify is not available to employers, more than 300,000 thousand illegals will be able to move into American jobs.

Yet, while house & senate Democrats are claiming they are all for the American worker--this is one cost they want to cut! Unbelievable.

I guess it's time for another round of contacting your senators over this one.

As usual--I can't believe that people on this board who have been in an uproar over illegals taking American jobs are not seeing this "new" post?

I see it, I'm just not as rabid as some. :tongue:

I think illegals are a problem but we need to do more than just stop them from coming in. The companies that hired them need to be severely sanctioned so that they will stop hiring them. Having a way to check is only good if it's used.

I think illegals are a problem but we need to do more than just stop them from coming in. The companies that hired them need to be severely sanctioned so that they will stop hiring them. Having a way to check is only good if it's used.

I am an employer living in the Southwest of this country. It is extremely hard to determine if one is a legal citizen or not. We have many Mexican Americans living in our communties, but many are illegals.

The Problem: I have witnessed illegals living here, that have legal--valid local drivers licenses, some come in with social security numbers, & other documents that--to an average citizen--would be presumed a legal citizen, when they're not.

You cannot sanction employers, if you do not give them the tools to investigage their employees.

Last edited:

I am an employer living in the Southwest of this country. It is extremely hard to determine if one is a legal citizen or not. We have many Mexican Americans living in our communties, but many are illegals.

The Problem: I have witnessed illegals living here, that have legal--valid local drivers licenses, some come in with social security numbers, & other documents that--to an average citizen--would be presumed a legal citizen, when they're not.

You cannot sanction employers, if you do not give them the tools to investigage their employees.
I feel for you, bro. There isn't much you can do. If you're wrong and they are legal citizens, you are going to get hit hard by a law suit..depending how pissed that person is. We really need to lay off folks like you. You're doing everything by the book. Where in the SW if you don't mind me asking?

New Topics

Forum List

Back