Democrats Plan to Cut Out GOP in Final Health Care Negotiations

What?

Of course the government cannot run a public option. Have you taken your highschool poly-sci class yet?

Then to hell with Medicare and Medicaid huh?..The majority of those Idiots that marched on D.C. Were worried about to much Govt. Intervention and cuts to medicare :lol: :cuckoo:
You called them for what they are. Idiots.

Anyone with a clear understanding of the Constitution knows that medicaid is unconstitutional. If you were to actually read and comprehend the Constitution instead of basing policy and laws upon emotion you'd find that we have a much better country.

Of all the programs that are run by the federal government, and medicaid is part of that, the defense of this country is the ONLY legitimate expenditure of the Federal Government.

Everything else CAN be administered at the State level where it is appropriate to do so.

But then I have lost a lot of hope of the American people being anything but mindless robots who just walk around with their hand stuck out whining about not getting enough from the government.

perhaps YOU need to read the Constitution...defense IS NOT the only legitimate expenditure of the Federal gvt...??????

PLEASE POST the part of the constitution that states such.

If they include the GOP in the process will the GOP vote for the resulting bill?

End of argument
Not in any stretch would that be considered the end of the argument. This is just more support of winnowing out half of the nation from input into a law that affects everyone.

What?

Of course the government cannot run a public option. Have you taken your highschool poly-sci class yet?

Then to hell with Medicare and Medicaid huh?..The majority of those Idiots that marched on D.C. Were worried about to much Govt. Intervention and cuts to medicare :lol: :cuckoo:

Anyone with a clear understanding of the Constitution knows that medicaid is unconstitutional. If you were to actually read and comprehend the Constitution instead of basing policy and laws upon emotion you'd find that we have a much better country.

Of all the programs that are run by the federal government, and medicaid is part of that, the defense of this country is the ONLY legitimate expenditure of the Federal Government.

Everything else CAN be administered at the State level where it is appropriate to do so.

But then I have lost a lot of hope of the American people being anything but mindless robots who just walk around with their hand stuck out whining about not getting enough from the government.

It state's this where in the constitution?

To be fair to you, I have no idea what experince's you have had in the real world but there are people who couldn't survive without Govt aide! Maybe you should go to the poorer parts of your town and tell those people that are out of a job "Unemployment it gone" and see what kind of response you get. I'm sure if you were in the position of not being able to buy private insurance and not being old enough for medicare, you wouldn't be so hasty with your steriotyping

perhaps YOU need to read the Constitution...defense IS NOT the only legitimate expenditure of the Federal gvt...??????

PLEASE POST the part of the constitution that states such.
What?

If you have read the Constitution, you will NOT find any language for funding anything other then the Defense of the nation.

Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;
To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;
To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;
To establish post offices and post roads;
To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;
To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;
To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;
To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;
To provide and maintain a navy;
To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;
To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And
To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

To be fair to you, I have no idea what experince's you have had in the real world but there are people who couldn't survive without Govt aide! Maybe you should go to the poorer parts of your town and tell those people that are out of a job "Unemployment it gone" and see what kind of response you get. I'm sure if you were in the position of not being able to buy private insurance and not being old enough for medicare, you wouldn't be so hasty with your steriotyping

I have had significant real world experience. That experience deals with tyrants as well.

Be sure you understand what is being discussed here. It is not the responsibility of the Federal government to provide for and ensure the survival of individual citizens.

Understand the Bill of Rights and further, understand that the governance of the people of this country occurs at the state level, not the federal level. If people need aid to survive, they need to look to their state governments, not the Feds.

If they include the GOP in the process will the GOP vote for the resulting bill?

End of argument
Not in any stretch would that be considered the end of the argument. This is just more support of winnowing out half of the nation from input into a law that affects everyone.

You don't get to provide input on a bill you are voting NO on. What do you say? "If you include this, this and this.....I will vote against the bill"

Looking at the behavior of the opposition, it's pretty clear that the "kiddie table" is not in charge (thankfully).

What's clear is that you are looking with partisan blinders on...

From you, that's not unexpected...

No, actually that's you projecting.

I don't project... I call it like it is...

"The Democrats intend to lead the most honest, most open and most ethical congress in history." - Nancy "Stretch" Pelosi

I have had significant real world experience. That experience deals with tyrants as well.

Yes, a lot of us on this board are married

End of argument

You don't get to provide input on a bill you are voting NO on. What do you say? "If you include this, this and this.....I will vote against the bill"

that's what the demons do,, gimmme gimmmie gimmmie this free ride and I'll vote for the bill.. yep buy those votes..

Gee, an interesting development today.

Brian Lamb of C-SPAN has extended an offer to the Dimocrats to televise the upcoming proceedings wherein they try to cobble something together between the House and Senate bills.

I'm sure the Dims will decline the offer, but hopefully Lamb will then remind them their president promised during the campaign to have C-SPAN do exactly as Lamb is now offering, part of his transparency thingy. Also at the time Barry commented on how useful it would be to have C-SPAN present as a means of discouraging porking up the bill because the normal veil of porker secrecy would of course be breached by their cameras.

LOL...careful about those campaign promises, Mr. President.

Not surprising. This is by far the most partisan and failed U.S. Congress in History. Lets hope this nation decides to make some big changes in 2010. It's time for Pelosi and Reid to go.

Be sure you understand what is being discussed here. It is not the responsibility of the Federal government to provide for and ensure the survival of individual citizens.

Understand the Bill of Rights and further, understand that the governance of the people of this country occurs at the state level, not the federal level. If people need aid to survive, they need to look to their state governments, not the Feds.

perhaps this is how you feel things should be with state and federal government, the constitution and entitlements, however, your opinion does not represent realities in the US. not during your lifetime. maybe that's what the kid means about you getting out much.

So exactly how is putting the kiddie table in charge going to fix anything?

Looking at the behavior of the opposition, it's pretty clear that the "kiddie table" is not in charge (thankfully).

:D
The children clearly own the majority in both houses. Mature individuals do not act in such a manner and mature individuals understand the need to fully research an issue before crafting legislation that affects that issue.

They don't try to make back room deals in the dead of night and rush through unread laws that harm more people then it helps.

And do mature individuals hypocritically defend programs they earlier bashed (and vice-versa in at least one case) as a cynical ploy at scare-mongering?

Not surprising. This is by far the most partisan and failed U.S. Congress in History. Lets hope this nation decides to make some big changes in 2010. It's time for Pelosi and Reid to go.

I actually have to agree with Libo on this one. I have never seen a Congress vote the party line on EVERY issue. Never seen such a disfunctional body. Libo will blame the Democrats, I blame both parties.
The Dems will lose their super majorities in 2010. They will still hold majorities but will have to be able to work with the Repubs to get anything done. Right now, it looks hopeless

It's about time the Democrats did that. Why keep trying to deal with a group of cons who has stated they want the plan to fail?

Forum List

Back