Democrats Plan to Cut Out GOP in Final Health Care Negotiations

The GOP doesn't want this bill to pass. They voted in lockstep against it. They have proven that they are determined to kill the bill so why the hell should the dems allow them in on the final negotiations? They are going to vote against whatever is put out anyway.

The correct answer.. This is a ploy. The democwats have to go behind closed doors to finish the dirty work they have started. They cannot stand more debate and the public knowing what they are doing.. but keep blaming the Republicans,.. Americans know better.. well, those with a brain anyway.

The GOP doesn't want this bill to pass. They voted in lockstep against it. They have proven that they are determined to kill the bill so why the hell should the dems allow them in on the final negotiations? They are going to vote against whatever is put out anyway.

Because the Republicans would come on camera and tell the American People what's in the bill. That's why.

This really is nothing new, the Rs have been frozen out all along.

And their view all along has been that this is a total abortion which should die anyway. So why they would even want to be at the table when this turkey is carved up I have no idea.

As for those who think the Republicans are doing a bad thing... the more you understand about just how stupid this thing is, the more grateful you will be for their intransigence.

As for those who think this is a BAD THING, i submit this essay for your persusal. You should have read it in High School anyway, so this should just be a refresher.

I think Obama & CO have given the Republicant's enough time to make their lame excuses as to why we shouldn't pass real reform but I have to disagree with their decision to not go to conference becouse it diminishes the last chance we had at a Public option or any REAL reform.

Last edited:
I think Obama & CO have gave the Republicant's enough time to make their lame excuses as to why we shouldn't pass real reform but I have to disagree with their decision to not go to conference becouse it diminishes the last chance we had at a Public option or any REAL reform.

You will get your public option. The problem is the total lack of transparency.
They promised us they would't run things like this.

What we will get, yet again, is a bill where no one knows what is in it, or for who, until after it is all over. We will get more Ben Nelson deals, more Mary Landreu deals. There is no benefit to anyone for years and years and years, and when the benefits do s show up, they will be disastrous.

Neither does the majority of Americans....

Naah we wanted something more like it started out as, not the lobbyist slaughtered final version.

We didn't even want that...

Pass a bill that only does away with the pre-existing condition shit and that about sums up the final plan we wanted...

Lord knows, That alone would inject competietion into the market!

Besides, If that's what the Republiclans wanted..Why didn't they include that in their poor excuse for a bill?

Naah we wanted something more like it started out as, not the lobbyist slaughtered final version.

Pass a bill that only does away with the pre-existing condition shit and that about sums up the final plan we wanted...

Lord knows, That alone would inject competition into the market!

Besides, If that's what the Republicans wanted..Why didn't they include that in their poor excuse for a bill?

I don't know - I'm not a republican senator...

I do know that the majority of American people don't want the shit that your dear leaders want to ram down our throats...

House and Senate Democrats intend to bypass traditional procedures when they negotiate a final compromise on health care legislation, officials said Monday, a move that will exclude Republican lawmakers and reduce their ability to delay or force politically troubling votes in both houses.

WASHINGTON -- House and Senate Democrats intend to bypass traditional procedures when they negotiate a final compromise on health care legislation, officials said Monday, a move that will exclude Republican lawmakers and reduce their ability to delay or force politically troubling votes in both houses.

The unofficial timetable calls for final passage of the measure to remake the nation's health care system by the time President Obama delivers his State of the Union address, probably in early February.

Democratic aides said the final compromise talks would essentially be a three-way negotiation involving top Democrats in the House and Senate and the White House, a structure that gives unusual latitude to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California.

These officials said there are no plans to appoint a formal House-Senate conference committee, the method Congress most often uses to reconcile differing bills. Under that customary format, a committee chairman is appointed to preside, and other senior lawmakers from both parties and houses participate in typically perfunctory public meetings while the meaningful negotiations occur behind closed doors.

In this case, the plan is to skip the formal meetings, reach an agreement, then have the two houses vote as quickly as possible. A 60-vote Senate majority would be required in advance of final passage.

FOXNews.com - Democrats Plan to Cut Out GOP in Final Health Care Negotiations

And then the lying asswipes will swear to god and grehound there was "bipartisanship." :lol::lol::lol:

Does this really suprise anyone? Republicans want tort reform--& when we have 2/3's of our congress as confirmed ambulance chasers-aka LAWYERS-ain't gonna happen--:lol::lol:

Back room deals have already happened. Democrat Ben Nelson got several million for that surgery center in outer space--so he voted for it.

Let's not forget the two Republicans (I believe in Lousiana) that got 4 million for an airport that services 20 customers a day--:lol::lol:

And we call 3rd world countries banana republics--:cuckoo::cuckoo: Hmm.

Last edited:

Besides, If that's what the Republicans wanted..Why didn't they include that in their poor excuse for a bill?

I do know that the majority of American people don't want the shit that your dear leaders want to ram down our throats...

Oh, I thought you were :cuckoo:.

They sure don't, They want REAL REFORM that include's a Public Option. 56% still want a Public Option, Amazing considering all of the attack's on it, From Palin's "Death Panel's" to the t-baggers idea that this would lead to a full Govt. takeover of ordinary life.

The correct answer.. This is a ploy. The democwats have to go behind closed doors to finish the dirty work they have started. They cannot stand more debate and the public knowing what they are doing.. but keep blaming the Republicans,.. Americans know better.. well, those with a brain anyway.

So...the next time you hear ANYONE spew any of the "Bipartisan" talking points? Feel utterly free to call them for what they are---Fuckin' LIARS, and feel justified for getting in their faces.

Oh, I thought you were :cuckoo:.

They sure don't, They want REAL REFORM that include's a Public Option. 56% still want a Public Option, Amazing considering all of the attack's on it, From Palin's "Death Panel's" to the t-baggers idea that this would lead to a full Govt. takeover of ordinary life.

Answer this spinelessLefty? WHY does Government need to be involved in the first place? WHERE is their Authority to do so?

A chunk of those people are against the bill because it's too weak.

Please link to the source of this 56% claim...

If you use a leftist site like HuffyPuffy and UnthinkingNoprogress it will be ignored...

A chunk of those people are against the bill because it's too weak.

Most are opposed because it's too liberal...

I have the CNN/Opinion Research link to the pdf in the bullpen if you need it...

Forum List

Back