Democrats: Party of the People? Right.

bobbymcgill

Aug 23, 2008
I love this: Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and John Legend are holding a concert to raise more money for Barrack Obama --they even have the gall to call it the "Barrack Obama Benefit Concert."

Americans are losing their backside in this down economy but hey, tickets to the show (sold exclusively through the Obama campaign) start at only $500, while "premiere seating" will cost $2,500 a pop and exclusive "lounge" seats a mere $10,000.

No word if that includes a rubdown from Obama to go along with the shakedown.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics Obama has raised a record $425,000,000. Of that he has has about $77 mil on hand. I can understand the need to have a comfortably stocked campaign chest (and don't forget Obama still has to pay for Hillary's endorsement) but how about a little good will to the working man, Bruce? How about some love for us Downtown folks, Billy?

How about a benefit for us? :eusa_whistle:

Idle Wordship

so, youre mad because there is a fundraiser for obama that costs more than you can afford? you think you deserve a cheap or even free concert because the economy is lagging and you are a common everyday worker?

so, youre mad because there is a fundraiser for obama that costs more than you can afford? you think you deserve a cheap or even free concert because the economy is lagging and you are a common everyday worker?

I believe the point is in the topic title. Democrats claim to be for the little guy, yet they have fundraisers that financially exclude the little guy. Last month it was a $25,000 a plate fundraiser.

I believe the point is in the topic title. Democrats claim to be for the little guy, yet they have fundraisers that financially exclude the little guy. Last month it was a $25,000 a plate fundraiser.

this is quite possibly the stupidest argument against the dems ive ever heard. holding a FUNDRAISER, in order to RAISE FUNDS. how is this done? by charging admittance. will you raise more funds by charging $10 or $500?
math is hard, i know.

im sorry, but this is just so stupid.
"wahh, the dems are having a fundraiser that costs more than a ticket to the movies! they hate the working people cause they cant afford it! wahhh"

The telling question is:

How are ticket sales going?

Is anyone who can afford a $10,000 concert ticket even interested in Obama? If there is interest, and tickets are selling, perhaps it is a reflection of a wider appeal by Obama than the conservatives would care to admit.

-Joe

this is quite possibly the stupidest argument against the dems ive ever heard. holding a FUNDRAISER, in order to RAISE FUNDS. how is this done? by charging admittance. will you raise more funds by charging $10 or $500?
math is hard, i know.

im sorry, but this is just so stupid.
"wahh, the dems are having a fundraiser that costs more than a ticket to the movies! they hate the working people cause they cant afford it! wahhh"

Still missing the point. Yes I know it is the same for both parties. Frankly because of the ridiculousness of McCain/Feingold. However 'more than a ticket to the movies' is the understatment of the centurey. The point is when you need to get your message out to get elected candidates pay the most attention to and brown nose the deepest pockets, not to the number votes.

I love this: Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and John Legend are holding a concert to raise more money for Barrack Obama --they even have the gall to call it the "Barrack Obama Benefit Concert."

Americans are losing their backside in this down economy but hey, tickets to the show (sold exclusively through the Obama campaign) start at only $500, while "premiere seating" will cost $2,500 a pop and exclusive "lounge" seats a mere $10,000.

No word if that includes a rubdown from Obama to go along with the shakedown.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics Obama has raised a record $425,000,000. Of that he has has about $77 mil on hand. I can understand the need to have a comfortably stocked campaign chest (and don't forget Obama still has to pay for Hillary's endorsement) but how about a little good will to the working man, Bruce? How about some love for us Downtown folks, Billy?

How about a benefit for us? :eusa_whistle:

Idle Wordship

Are you even halfway serious? A do-it-yourself, earn-your-own-way Republican complaining that he hasn't earned enough money to go see a concert of two of the greatest performers of our lifetime together on-stage together?

Still missing the point. Yes I know it is the same for both parties. Frankly because of the ridiculousness of McCain/Feingold. However 'more than a ticket to the movies' is the understatment of the centurey. The point is when you need to get your message out to get elected candidates pay the most attention to and brown nose the deepest pockets, not to the number votes.

no, i understand the point. and it is idiotic to complain about a common fundraiser

I think the thing about teh ultra wealthy is simply that they can afford to aggree with big government. After a point I would imagine how much you pay in taxes becomes irrelevant, though they doesn't neccessarily make it right.

Probably pounding drinks with cheney over at the bush ranch when bush was taking his well deserved break all that hard work with his uncle sam...

If you are referring to Bush getting in the guard instead, All I can say about that is Bruce could have joined the guard to. No he had to run to Canada.

New Topics

Forum List

Back