Democrats: Party of the People? Right.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobbymcgill, Oct 7, 2008.

1. bobbymcgill

bobbymcgill Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I love this: Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and John Legend are holding a concert to raise more money for Barrack Obama --they even have the gall to call it the "Barrack Obama Benefit Concert."

Americans are losing their backside in this down economy but hey, tickets to the show (sold exclusively through the Obama campaign) start at only $500, while "premiere seating" will cost $2,500 a pop and exclusive "lounge" seats a mere $10,000.

No word if that includes a rubdown from Obama to go along with the shakedown.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics Obama has raised a record $425,000,000. Of that he has has about $77 mil on hand. I can understand the need to have a comfortably stocked campaign chest (and don't forget Obama still has to pay for Hillary's endorsement) but how about a little good will to the working man, Bruce? How about some love for us Downtown folks, Billy?

How about a benefit for us? :eusa_whistle:

Idle Wordship

2. MalibuMan

MalibuMan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Crazy isn't it. Even if I was a Obama supporter and had the money I would never spend that much money for something like that.

3. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    so, youre mad because there is a fundraiser for obama that costs more than you can afford? you think you deserve a cheap or even free concert because the economy is lagging and you are a common everyday worker?

4. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    I believe the point is in the topic title. Democrats claim to be for the little guy, yet they have fundraisers that financially exclude the little guy. Last month it was a $25,000 a plate fundraiser.

5. busara

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    this is quite possibly the stupidest argument against the dems ive ever heard. holding a FUNDRAISER, in order to RAISE FUNDS. how is this done? by charging admittance. will you raise more funds by charging $10 or $500?
    math is hard, i know.

im sorry, but this is just so stupid.
    "wahh, the dems are having a fundraiser that costs more than a ticket to the movies! they hate the working people cause they cant afford it! wahhh"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    How DARE Dems outraise Repubs... Da Noive!

7. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,022
    The telling question is:

How are ticket sales going?

Is anyone who can afford a $10,000 concert ticket even interested in Obama? If there is interest, and tickets are selling, perhaps it is a reflection of a wider appeal by Obama than the conservatives would care to admit.

-Joe

8. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Still missing the point. Yes I know it is the same for both parties. Frankly because of the ridiculousness of McCain/Feingold. However 'more than a ticket to the movies' is the understatment of the centurey. The point is when you need to get your message out to get elected candidates pay the most attention to and brown nose the deepest pockets, not to the number votes.

9. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Are you even halfway serious? A do-it-yourself, earn-your-own-way Republican complaining that he hasn't earned enough money to go see a concert of two of the greatest performers of our lifetime together on-stage together?

10. busara

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    no, i understand the point. and it is idiotic to complain about a common fundraiser