Democrats,party of the Ku Klux Klan!

Do you think you could not accuse people of lying before proving you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about? Things only look like lies when you are clueless when you have made up the truth in your head or just accepted the reality described to you without doing your due diligence. It was totally regional and not a party line vote.

Of the 126 members of congress in 1964 that represented the south, exactly 8 voted for the Civil Rights Act. Of the 11 southern republicans, zero voted for it. Of the 115 southern democrats, 8 voted for it. The bill got over 70% of the overall vote in both houses.

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Retired is 100% correct.
Somehow, you overlooked this section.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964.
By party

The original House version:[7]

* Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
* Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

The Senate version:[7]

* Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[7]

* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
* Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Civil Rights Act of 1871, also known as the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, is an important federal statute in force in the United States. Several of its provisions still exist today as codified statutes, but the most important still-existing provision is 42 U.S.C. § 1983. The Act was originally enacted a few years after the American Civil War, along with the 1870 Force Act. One of the chief reasons for its passage was to protect southern blacks from the Ku Klux Klan by providing a civil remedy for abuses then being committed in the South. The statute has been subject to only minor changes since then, but has been the subject of voluminous interpretation by courts.
Civil Rights Act of 1871 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Democrats have not changed.

"It gets me so upset that many blacks and other minorities don't realize that the
Democratic party is the party of the Ku Klux Klan. An organization that has
lynched many blacks, and has a agenda that is anti Black and anti minority.
Blacks must realize that the Republican party,ended slavery, and that the Democratic party did not want slavery to end, and is still, to this day, the party
of the slave master."

Ok, the origin's of the Klan were represented by the democratic party originally. Making a statement such as that with no such evidence is bleak. Great, back in the post civil war era, Lincoln and the United States of America defeated the Confederate States of America. The evolution of each individual party has been great and the reasonably racially diverse party is the democratic party. Regardless of what has happened we are speaking about the present day. Do I support the democratic party from a century ago? No, of course not.

Feel like trolling, honey?

All those dems LEFT the democratic party over the Civil Rights Act and became Repubs... they're y'all guys now. :lol:

Robert Bryd is the only known former Klans member serving in Congress.....
Robert Byrd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Byrd witnessed Klan parades during his childhood in Matoaka, West Virginia. When Byrd was twenty four he joined the Ku Klux Klan in 1942. He was unanimously elected Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter.[4]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him "You have a talent for leadership, Bob... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd recalls, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[4] Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. During the war he did not serve in the military, working instead as a welder for warships in a Baltimore, Maryland shipyard.[4][5]

When Byrd was twenty eight years old, he wrote about the 1945 racial integration of the military to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944 [6][7]

Robert Bryd is the only known former Klans member serving in Congress.....
Robert Byrd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Byrd witnessed Klan parades during his childhood in Matoaka, West Virginia. When Byrd was twenty four he joined the Ku Klux Klan in 1942. He was unanimously elected Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter.[4]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him "You have a talent for leadership, Bob... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd recalls, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[4] Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. During the war he did not serve in the military, working instead as a welder for warships in a Baltimore, Maryland shipyard.[4][5]

When Byrd was twenty eight years old, he wrote about the 1945 racial integration of the military to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.—Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944 [6][7]

But in fairness, I am happy to report, the KKK is a dead organization.

It gets me so upset that many blacks and other minorities don't realize that the
Blacks must realize that the Republican party,ended slavery, and that the Democratic party did not want slavery to end, and is still, to this day, the party
of the slave master.

I know it... They've been brainwashed into thinking the Dems are the party for them... Robert Byrd is a former Klans member, how many of you Democrats know that, or even know who Robert Byrd is?

It's amazing how the Dems have conveniently swept that under the rug...

What's amazing is y'all selling swill out of context. The Republican Party did not end slavery. Congress did; which, included Northern Democrats.

Blacks moved to the Democratic Party mostly during FDR's and LBJ's terms, respectively because the Republicans wished to maintain the status quo. Truman also garnered 77% of the black vote for desegregating the US military. Nixon actually carried a good percentage of black votes in his loss to Kennedy, but LBJ garnered 94% of the black vote against Goldwater and it hasn't changed since.

Comparing Republicans in 1865 to the GOP today is stupid, just as comparing Democrats who supported the Klan 100 years ago to the Democratic party of today is stupid.

I really DO hope those "minor little details" hurt, but I have no faith that anyone displaying such ignorance on the topic would even be phased by them.

Has a madhouse allowed its inmates access to the USMB or has some wingnut propagandist gone too far and created mindless zombies?

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Joe Bageant

Probably. After all, you are allowed access to USMB ....

I am bereft of stats here, but my understanding is that half the South left the Democrats over 'civil rights'. LBJ said, after signing the bill, "I just killed the Democrats in the South" or words to that effect. Folks went with the Dixiecrat movement. Then, the Republicans rose to prominence in the South.

But you are right that many, many working-class folks voted for Reagan over Carter. Tidbit: One-quarter of all union families vote GOP, mostly over values issues.

The Dem party being split, and going its own way hardly supports the statement that they are Republicans now. Blue collar democrats split from the party because of Humphrey's peacenik BS as well and went with Nixon. Segregationists tossed their votes away on George Wallace.

The Republicans picked up the pieces in the South in 72 but that is hardly an indicator of anything since McGovern won 1 state in the 72 election.

Humphrey, then McGovern, finally culminating in Jimmy Carter was a transition from the Democratic party splitting from its traditional base.

To try and pin the result of a mass political upheaval within the Democratic party on just civil rights is cherrypicking the facts.

Yes, I'm sure your heart bleeds for those poor misinformed Blacks who don't realize that Republicans are their best friends.

What fools they are.

And how noble of you to care, too.

The GOP isn't anybody's best friend but its own, as is the Democratic party. It's getting harder and harder to tell them apart. Ineffectual, bumbling bureaucrats focussed solely on perpetuating the status quo of fleecing the American people through smoke and mirrors routines.

The GOP isn't anybody's best friend but its own, as is the Democratic party. It's getting harder and harder to tell them apart. Ineffectual, bumbling bureaucrats focussed solely on perpetuating the status quo of fleecing the American people through smoke and mirrors routines.

Spot on.

Do you believe the lie?

5/8/12 Marsha Jewett
Caro

The Republican Party was created for the purpose of combating the institution and expansion of slavery, and black citizens voted for Republicans almost exclusively for decades thereafter. Ordinary people aren’t knowledgeable of this because it is not taught in public schools and in the media that information is reported or distorted.

With help of the press, a lie began building to cover up the racist past (the present too) of Democrats (who started the Ku Klux Klan) and, in a bold and brilliant act of chicanery, a majority of the world became convinced that Republicans were actually the ones behind the remnants of racism in the country during the 1960s. However, in truth the Democratic Party controlled the South during the sixties.

It is little known that Republicans were the strength behind the Civil Rights Act of 1965 (with Democrats in opposition, including Al Gore’s father, a Senator, and Bill Clinton’s mentor, J William Fulbright, also a United States Senator), and a Republican president, Dwight Eisenhower, broke down segregation in schools.

Democrat President Lyndon Johnson, who did support the Civil Rights Act, was recorded on a White House taped conversation claiming, “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for the next two hundred years.” This direct quote will never be heard at one of the Liberal news networks. (President Lyndon B. Johnson remarks, from Inside the White House by Ronald Kessler).

Democrats are the party of racism. Amazingly effective liars, they are willing to destroy the reputations of decent men and women by making up supposed acts of Republican racism.

In their zeal to create a paradise on earth apart from God’s plan, liberals have drafted their own moral code which has taken hold of western civilization.

The view of the typical liberal who votes for Democrats is, once again, based on deceitful teaching and reporting by the major news networks, which they foolishly follow. Their goal is to destroy traditional America. Many of them understand America’s true past, however, the fake version is used to persuade gullible and good-hearted liberal voters into handing power over to Democrat politicians.

Full Version:
Tuscola Today » Do you believe the lie?

It gets me so upset that many blacks and other minorities don't realize that the
of the slave master.

Feel like trolling, honey?

All those dems LEFT the democratic party over the Civil Rights Act and became Repubs... they're y'all guys now. :lol:

Robert Byrd never got that memo.

:cuckoo:

Do you believe the lie?

5/8/12 Marsha Jewett
Caro

The Republican Party was created for the purpose of combating the institution and expansion of slavery, and black citizens voted for Republicans almost exclusively for decades thereafter. Ordinary people aren’t knowledgeable of this because it is not taught in public schools and in the media that information is reported or distorted.

With help of the press, a lie began building to cover up the racist past (the present too) of Democrats (who started the Ku Klux Klan) and, in a bold and brilliant act of chicanery, a majority of the world became convinced that Republicans were actually the ones behind the remnants of racism in the country during the 1960s. However, in truth the Democratic Party controlled the South during the sixties.

It is little known that Republicans were the strength behind the Civil Rights Act of 1965 (with Democrats in opposition, including Al Gore’s father, a Senator, and Bill Clinton’s mentor, J William Fulbright, also a United States Senator), and a Republican president, Dwight Eisenhower, broke down segregation in schools.

Democrat President Lyndon Johnson, who did support the Civil Rights Act, was recorded on a White House taped conversation claiming, “I’ll have them ******* voting Democratic for the next two hundred years.” This direct quote will never be heard at one of the Liberal news networks. (President Lyndon B. Johnson remarks, from Inside the White House by Ronald Kessler).

Democrats are the party of racism. Amazingly effective liars, they are willing to destroy the reputations of decent men and women by making up supposed acts of Republican racism.

In their zeal to create a paradise on earth apart from God’s plan, liberals have drafted their own moral code which has taken hold of western civilization.

The view of the typical liberal who votes for Democrats is, once again, based on deceitful teaching and reporting by the major news networks, which they foolishly follow. Their goal is to destroy traditional America. Many of them understand America’s true past, however, the fake version is used to persuade gullible and good-hearted liberal voters into handing power over to Democrat politicians.

Full Version:
Tuscola Today » Do you believe the lie?

well it looks like today's republican party is taking over what the dems had.I feel that both parties aren't worth a damn.Thats why I vote independent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRE36Fxxx1w]Tea Party in Beverly Hills (best audio) Rev. Wayne Perryman "Blacks, Whites & Racist Democrats"(3/8) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back