Democrats,party of the Ku Klux Klan!

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
It gets me so upset that many blacks and other minorities don't realize that the
Democratic party is the party of the Ku Klux Klan. An organization that has
lynched many blacks, and has a agenda that is anti Black and anti minority.
Blacks must realize that the Republican party,ended slavery, and that the Democratic party did not want slavery to end, and is still, to this day, the party
of the slave master.

It gets me so upset that many blacks and other minorities don't realize that the
Blacks must realize that the Republican party,ended slavery, and that the Democratic party did not want slavery to end, and is still, to this day, the party
of the slave master.

I know it... They've been brainwashed into thinking the Dems are the party for them... Robert Byrd is a former Klans member, how many of you Democrats know that, or even know who Robert Byrd is?

It's amazing how the Dems have conveniently swept that under the rug...

Of all the stupid points conservatives love to make, this is far and away the stupidest. Blacks love the Democrats because they're the party of welfare and multi-culturalism. They hate the Republicans because they're the party of work and white people. It wouldn't matter if Ted Kennedy lit a giant cross on the Mall and Nancy Pelosi lynched a few over the San Francisco Bay. They'd still vote Democrat. There's nothing dumb about that. They vote their interests, plain and simple.

Of all the stupid points conservatives love to make, this is far and away the stupidest. Blacks love the Democrats because they're the party of welfare and multi-culturalism. They hate the Republicans because they're the party of work and white people. It wouldn't matter if Ted Kennedy lit a giant cross on the Mall and Nancy Pelosi lynched a few over the San Francisco Bay. They'd still vote Democrat. There's nothing dumb about that. They vote their interests, plain and simple.

What do you mean by multi-culturalism? And how are they different at this than Republicans?

Has a madhouse allowed its inmates access to the USMB or has some wingnut propagandist gone too far and created mindless zombies?

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Joe Bageant

of the slave master.

Feel like trolling, honey?

All those dems LEFT the democratic party over the Civil Rights Act and became Repubs... they're y'all guys now. :lol:

All those dems LEFT the democratic party over the Civil Rights Act and became Repubs... they're y'all guys now. :lol:

Hardly. Anyone that left the Dems over civil rights is most likely dead or institutionalized. Either way, hardly a viable voting bloc.

Be that as it may, I don't recall a mass exodus from the Dem party over civil rights. I DO recall a mass exodus over Jimmy Carter. The Democrt party has failed to live up to its promises since, and it DOES pander to the black vote.

Hardly. Anyone that left the Dems over civil rights is most likely dead or institutionalized. Either way, hardly a viable voting bloc.

Be that as it may, I don't recall a mass exodus from the Dem party over civil rights. I DO recall a mass exodus over Jimmy Carter. The Democrt party has failed to live up to its promises since, and it DOES pander to the black vote.

I am bereft of stats here, but my understanding is that half the South left the Democrats over 'civil rights'. LBJ said, after signing the bill, "I just killed the Democrats in the South" or words to that effect. Folks went with the Dixiecrat movement. Then, the Republicans rose to prominence in the South.

But you are right that many, many working-class folks voted for Reagan over Carter. Tidbit: One-quarter of all union families vote GOP, mostly over values issues.

The Dems today are all confused because the KKK Dems moved from the left to the right in the 60s to try to bring the Republicans over to them. It didn't work, and the principles of the democratic party are still the principles of racists.

Oh, I get it now. You still confuse liberals with Democrats. One is a philosophy and one is a party.

It's understandable, I often confuse conservatives with Republicans even though I know they have almost nothing in common.

First, 52ndStreet; who, and what are you? I've got the feeling that you are trying to provoke something.

Second, I know people who back up the Carter Switch versus the Civil Rights Switch. The Civil Rights issue pissed people off though.

First, 52ndStreet; who, and what are you? I've got the feeling that you are trying to provoke something.

Second, I know people who back up the Carter Switch versus the Civil Rights Switch. The Civil Rights issue pissed people off though.

To:Gungnir
I am a Registered Republican who will be voting for John McCain.I am not trying to provoke anything,just trying to stimulate logical conversation,with regards to current events in America and the World Today.

I thought you said you were a Zimbabwean.

It is your vote to throw away as you so choose.

The link is weak. Byrd apologized for having been a KKK member. There was a politician called David Duke. He was a KKK member. He ran as a Democrat but never got elected as a Democrat. He ran as a Republican and won while never apologizing for his KKK history.

of the slave master.

Yes, I'm sure your heart bleeds for those poor misinformed Blacks who don't realize that Republicans are their best friends.

What fools they are.

And how noble of you to care, too.

About 5,000 blacks were lynched before the 60s and then 7,000 blacks were left to drown to death in New Orleans in 2005.

Some things never change. :cuckoo:

About 5,000 blacks were lynched before the 60s and then 7,000 blacks were left to drown to death in New Orleans in 2005.

Some things never change. :cuckoo:

My god! I actually agree with you, sort of.

And I thought all the miracles were in the Bible.

What a twist, The Republicans SUPPORTED Civil Rights. You liberals will lie about anything at all.

Do you think you could not accuse people of lying before proving you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about? Things only look like lies when you are clueless when you have made up the truth in your head or just accepted the reality described to you without doing your due diligence. It was totally regional and not a party line vote.

Of the 126 members of congress in 1964 that represented the south, exactly 8 voted for the Civil Rights Act. Of the 11 southern republicans, zero voted for it. Of the 115 southern democrats, 8 voted for it. The bill got over 70% of the overall vote in both houses.

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The original House version:

* Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
* Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)

* Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
* Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)

The Senate version:

* Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
* Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%) (this was Senator John Tower of Texas)
* Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
* Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Barry Goldwater of Arizona, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)

Forum List

Back