Democrats outraise Repubs for month of August.

And look at the percentages. Around 98% of Democratic Donations from well over a millions small donors.

The Republicans donations come from fewer people. A lot fewer and only a small percentage of those are from small donors.

Are we supposed to vote for the person with highest donations, or vote for the person with the policy and ideas we agree with?

The person with the policy and ideas we agree with.

Mitt: I Won’t Detail Plans, Because Then I’d Lose

So the thing to do is advocate reduced spending in general but decline to furnish details until after the election. This is a tried-and-true conservative strategy, embraced by everyone from Ronald Reagan to Paul Ryan (who specifies severe cuts to programs for the very poor, but otherwise relies on unspecified cuts to omnibus categories, thus allowing Republicans to deny plans to cut any specific component of them.)

-------------------------------------------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29A1NxpPX7w]Romney: Illegal Immigrants With 'Advanced Degrees' Should Get Permanent Status - YouTube[/ame]

-----------------------------------------------

What's funny is that Romney is advocating cutting education in his policies, on Youtube and in Paul Ryan's budget.

So why does he welcome immigrants over the majority of his base made up of white men without any college? Because it's "cheaper" to bring immigrants here who are educated than educate those in his base who could use one of the more than three million jobs open because people with those skills aren't available. And Romney will make sure they will never be.

Talk about voting against your own self interest.

Democrats outraise Repubs for month of August.

Is it really a good thing? This buying of our government?

In this case no, as 98% are small donations from the american people, the ones our elected officials are suppose to work for in the first place.

What is a very bad thing, and flat out fascism is what the GOP are doing with Willard where a handful of corporate elitists run the show and are the main donors.

Last edited:
Just in time :) Add to that his 6-point lead in the polls :cool: and things don't look good for Mitt/Ryan :(
Obama Outraises Romney in August - The Daily Beast

I believe Obama's donations will only increase from here forward, and I also believe that Romney's will diminish. I've been saying for some time now that Democratic supporters were waiting to make their contributions and things would start looking up the closer we get to election day. So far, I have only made one small contribution to the Obama campaign. I've been waiting to see which campaigns need my financial support the most as there are some tight Senate races I may donate to also.

Yeah, by a whole 3%...

It's more about setting a new trend. The difference isn't that big of a deal, but if this becomes a pattern and Obama's campaign war chest begins to grow while Romney's goes into decline, well then that does become important. But you are correct, at the moment it's a very small number.

Yeah, by a whole 3%...

It's more about setting a new trend. The difference isn't that big of a deal, but if this becomes a pattern and Obama's campaign war chest begins to grow while Romney's goes into decline, well then that does become important. But you are correct, at the moment it's a very small number.

Sheldon's pockets only go so deep. He's got legal fees to worry about these days.

All campaign donations whould be limited to $100 or less by all persons including those corporate "persons"
And all PAC's should be banned.

Just in time :) Add to that his 6-point lead in the polls :cool: and things don't look good for Mitt/Ryan :(

This is the biggie as far as I'm concerned...

The campaign also said 98% of contributions last month were $250 or less, with the average donation totaling $58.

What's Willard's breakdown I wonder...

That's a great question and I came across this site which shows the campaign donations.
It's pretty easy to see that Obama gets the vast majority of support from small donations from the american people, where Willard is a whore to his puppet masters like the Koch's

Obama:
60%, or 351.6 million from the american people/small donors
36%, or 210.8 million from the DNC
4%, or 25.3 million from corporate masters.

Willard:
37%, or 194.8 million from the american people/small donors
45%, or 239.8 million from the RNC
17%, or 89.7 million from corporate masters.

The 2012 Money Race: Compare the Candidates - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com

Last edited:

As one of the Republicans here said, Roh Roh...

One would kinda think they would get a nice bounce from the convention. :eusa_whistle:

Mitt might have had a larger one given a few more days without the DNC....but it was short lived because of the back to back conventions.
I think before anybody really starts having their orgasms, they should wait a couple of weeks to let the dust settle....it would be telling also after a debate.

Democrats receive about 55% of corporate donations.

LINK (Reprinted at Fox news. Article available at WSJ for subscribers)

Political spending by unions far exceeds direct donations

Published July 10, 2012

The Wall Street Journal

The usual measure of unions' clout encompasses chiefly what they spend supporting federal candidates through their political-action committees, which are funded with voluntary contributions, and lobbying Washington, which is a cost borne by the unions' own coffers.

These kinds of spending, which unions report to the Federal Election Commission and to Congress, totaled $1.1 billion from 2005 through 2011, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

The unions' reports to the Labor Department capture an additional $3.3 billion that unions spent over the same period on political activity.

Corporations and their employees also tend to spread their donations fairly evenly between the two major parties, unlike unions, which overwhelmingly assist Democrats. In 2008, Democrats received 55% of the $2 billion contributed by corporate PACs and company employees, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Labor unions were responsible for $75 million in political donations, with 92% going to Democrats.

Forum List

Back