Democrats on the brink of suicide

Are you this stupid in real life?
I did post a "bunch of polls" that asked about the specific proposals. All of them were negative.

Pollster.com: Health Care Plan: Favor / Oppose

^^^^^^^^

You talking about this one?

The questions underneath the list are all general, and when you click on the individual poll links, only a few get more specific but still not specific enough to suggest people polled are consistently turned off by specifics. IOW, I don't see anything at your link that backs up the claim you say it does.

One thing I noticed about the NBC/WSJ Poll, though:

The proposed legislation would no longer create a public health care plan administered by the federal government to compete directly with private health insurance companies:
42% Acceptable, 45% Not acceptable

Instead of creating a government-administered public health care plan, the proposed legislation would create a health insurance plan offered by private insurers that would be available in every state for people who lack employer-provided coverage, and would allow people between the ages of fifty-five and sixty-four years old to buy into Medicare, the government health care plan for seniors:
58% Acceptable, 32% Not acceptable

So do you actually have something that does back you up?

ANyone can be for "public option" in the abstract. It is no wonder. It is like being for free beer and sex.
But when people understand what "public option" entails (high taxes and coercion) they arent so interested in it anymore. That is why the specific bills are so opposed.

Anyone can also be against a "government takeover" in the abstract until certain benefits are explained and some fears are dispelled with information, which is something my link shows. Again, yours doesn't back up your assertion.

You are wrong this time.

No he's not. The Democrats will take an ass whooping this year for sure, but they will not be anymore non-viable in the future than the GOP has been. Democrats were talking the same shit about the Republican Party after the 2008 elections and now the Republicans are riding high less than two years later.
Yes, he is.

You are all playing by the old rule book.

It seems none of you have noticed the rules are changing.

The old ways of forgive and forget are fading, this is different now.

No.

Obama to spell out new healthcare plan - Yahoo! News

The assholes are going to go for reconcilliation, and end the viabilty of their party for good.

The American people soldily rejected their 'plan' but they will try to force it down our throats anyway.

Of course, it will be repealed the same way they passed in december, the fools. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: So we've seen the Harry Reid plan, we've seen the Nancy Pelosi plan--NOW Barack Obama has a plan--& this before the health care summit he is scheduled to have with Republicans---:lol::lol::lol:

Figures--

$Ram it down.jpg

Here's a more accurate poll on how America feels about ObamaCare and the Public Option: Sen Scott Brown (R-MA)

You can always tell the aparchiks are nerves when they circle jerk and try to change the subject, which is not 'public options.'

The ENTIRE BILL is opposed by a considerable majority of Americans.

And for those who keep saying parties live for ever, remember the whigs.

Nope.

I agree with Xeno on this one...

I think that the moderates who bought the "Hope/Change" bullshit, aren't going to like being taken to the cleaners with this healthscare plan and it will be a while before they'll warm up to folks who are flat out lying to their faces... Remember, the D's control it all right now and it's make or break time... We're beyond the "Blame Booooosh Grace Period" and if Barry & Crew feel that ramming an unpopular POS down our throats is the way to go then they can suffer the ballot box consequences...

We're seeing why checks & balances are a good thing...

I think that the moderates who bought the "Hope/Change" bullshit, aren't going to like being taken to the cleaners with this healthscare plan and it will be a while before they'll warm up to folks who are flat out lying to their faces... Remember, the D's control it all right now and it's make or break time... We're beyond the "Blame Booooosh Grace Period" and if Barry & Crew feel that ramming an unpopular POS down our throats is the way to go then they can suffer the ballot box consequences...

interestingly, reports of the party's demise are premature.

funny coming from the party that just had its butt kicked in the last two elections cycles, though. particularly when they're the ones doing all the "hopey-changey" messiah stuff...

no?

Last edited:

interestingly, reports of the party's demise are premature.

funny coming from the party that just had its butt kicked in the last two elections cycles, though.

no?

Elections are cyclical.... You had a good run there, but you'd be foolish to assume that everything is well and good in DemocraticLand...

I guarantee the Democrat Machine is trying to figure out how to bail faster than the water coming in the boat...

I'm not a Republican, Jillian, but I can see where One-Party Rule is not the way to go...

Give me a Poll (Thats not a FOX Poll..Has to be non-partisan) that suggests the Majority is against the Public Option..It hasn't been "Shoved down your throats," It's been the second longest debate in Congress history.

Here's a poll of polls average for the public option.

Public Option Polls

No party is committing suicide by passing something that is supported by those numbers.

Are you kidding?

Their party will always be viable. Same with the Repug party.
You are wrong this time.

No party can ever survive by pushing through something this hated directly against the stated will of Americans, this will shatter the Dems worse then anything else, as it will tear down the minority's abilty to oppose legislation and make everything about a slight majority rules.

True. Obama, Pelosi and Reid are leading the Democrats off a cliff. They'll have to reform the party after a heavy beating this November. Hopefully they'll change for the better.

Where are the Democrats who spoke out against Obama Pelosi and Reid's Battan Death March to the Left?

Evene Bayh was a 100% yes vote

Is taxing the public for 4 years prior to giving them any health care benefits considered taxation without representation? Isn't this why we had a revolutionary war? Is this Constitutional?

I think their true motivation is to use this extra tax money to fill the budget shortfall until after the next election. Then they will pass some other tax like carbon cap & tax.

Polls that show a majority Americans against the health care reform bill show that only about 40% are against it because it goes too far. The majority of Americans are actually for the bill or something stronger.

If the D's thought healthscare reform was really, really, really important enough, SOMETHING would be signed by 0bama already when they had super-majority....

What's obvious is that the thing that is more important to D's this year, more than passing healthscare reform, is getting re-elected in races that they might have thought were slam-dunks...:eusa_whistle:

So, they are just going to push the house bill through the Senate?

It is going to be a long hard badly fought process. Reconciliation in this case would have a hard time passing muster, and while the final bill doesn't need sixty, several processes along the way do.

And by now they are seeing just how toxic this thing is. It won't make it.

Obama to spell out new healthcare plan - Yahoo! News

The assholes are going to go for reconcilliation, and end the viabilty of their party for good.

The American people soldily rejected their 'plan' but they will try to force it down our throats anyway.

Of course, it will be repealed the same way they passed in december, the fools. :lol:

Your right, they will be buried in November and may be done in '12 if they push this through.....

They are so out of touch with this issue, most American's believe HC needs reform, but not the direction these two bills have......

So, they are just going to push the house bill through the Senate?

It is going to be a long hard badly fought process. Reconciliation in this case would have a hard time passing muster, and while the final bill doesn't need sixty, several processes along the way do.

And by now they are seeing just how toxic this thing is. It won't make it.

What Obama has done is take the Harry Reid bill--then take the Nancy Pelosi bill--rework a few numbers & call it now the Obama bill---:lol::lol::lol:

I guess this pretty much discloses that the televised debate with Republicans on health care insurance reform was just another round of B.S from this administration & congress--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Polls that show a majority Americans against the health care reform bill show that only about 40% are against it because it goes too far. The majority of Americans are actually for the bill or something stronger.

Nope--61% of the population wants both bills out of the Senate & Congress "tossed--& them to start all over again"---Link above as of February 11, 2010.

If democrats do this--they will be committing political suicide.

Is taxing the public for 4 years prior to giving them any health care benefits considered taxation without representation? Isn't this why we had a revolutionary war? Is this Constitutional?

I think their true motivation is to use this extra tax money to fill the budget shortfall until after the next election. Then they will pass some other tax like carbon cap & tax.

What's even worse is the political favors included in this bill.

Non-union workers will be paying for this 5 years prior or 2013 to union & government workers who won't pay until 2018.

Let's not forget about the Cornhuskers deal & the Lousiana purchase.

Forum List

Back