Democrats new approach to national debt.

"Democrats to announce new jobs plan"

Sounds uber contrived, does it not?? Think about it...........most Americans hear that and say to themselves these days, "Oh....ok.....this should be real good!!!"

pd1300760-2.jpg

Did you notice that the video ended before he reached the of the sentence. When he said .."debunk the myth that this country is in debt and we can't spend....

Spend on what? I assume he followed this with something reasonable. Why else would he be cut off like that? This is worst shit than the political ads on TV.

Why don't you go look up the reasonable thing he was trying to say.

I could use the laugh.
I did. This is a hatchet job.

Local Government Job and Service Cuts - C-SPAN Video Library

If the federal government needs to fund local governments maybe it should consider that it is taking way too much money for itself, and let some of those taxes go to local governments to hire policemen, firemen, and teachers.

By the way, just for the record, government jobs do not help the economy, they are a drain on it. A necessary drain, up to a point, but a drain none the less. Since you seem to be willing to misapply quotes from Burke, perhaps you should consider this one:

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."

You right wing pea brains (you are NO liberal, classic or any other configuration) squeal that the worst policy during a recession is to raise taxes. With the shortfalls of state revenues even with substantial state budget cuts, local communities are having to choose between raising taxes to sustain essential services or firing more workers.

So, you say raise taxes during a recession, but not on the elite or the top 1 %, you say to raise taxes on everyone, the middle class and the poor...

People with government jobs A) provide services to the community i,e. police, fire B) They pay Federal, State and local taxes C) They sustain their family without tapping into public assistance programs D) They SPEND money to support all other jobs that depend on consumers. E) They are not drawing unemployment checks.

Circumstances give in reality to every political principle its distinguishing color and discriminating effect. The circumstances are what render every civil and political scheme beneficial or noxious to mankind.
Edmund Burke

Wow, you know my positions without me typing a word.

I am unimpressed.

I think the worst policy is to raise taxes in any economy, at least at the federal level. Local governments are better equipped to know what is needed locally, and react to it faster. Take your vaunted stimulus as an example, and all the federal red tape that made it harder to spend. Do you honestly think LA decided to hold on to all that money because they thought it made sense?

I already admitted that government jobs is a necessary drain to a point, so why are you trying to claim that they are beneficial, and thus justified? Every dollar that goes to taxes comes out of the pockets of people who could be using that money to find a cure for cancer, yet you want to argue that every level of government is responsible for paying for police protection in any community in the country. Exactly why should my taxes go to paying for police in Boston and firemen in Dallas?

By the way, government employees cannot possibly pay more in taxes than they take out of the system in wages and benefits. Pointing out that they pay taxes is plain stupid, and I have no idea why people even mention it. Is it because you know any defense that you mount of the public sector is so weak that it will inevitably fail, and you thus want to throw out as much BS as possible in an attempt to cloud the issue?

As for the rest of your arguments, it would probably be less expensive to simply fire every government employee and give them the food and shelter they need for their family. Since they are spending money that I could spend myself, that does not impress me, and unemployment would at least come with a time limit.

Want to keep trying, or can you admit that you are totally lost already?

So then what...do we hire Blackwater to provide police protection? So we have to pay not only the overhead cost of the agency, but the profit margins they demand? You right wing pea brains have taken this anti government privatization mantra to the level of lunacy. Our founding fathers created a GOVERNMENT. They didn't create a corporate entity. As a matter of FACT, our founding fathers regulated corporations to a MUCH stricter level than we do today. Corporations could not own stock in other corporations, they were prohibited from any part of the political process. Individual stockholders were held personally liable for any harms done in the name of the corporation, and in order to receive the profit-making privileges the shareholders sought, their corporations had to represent a clear benefit for the public good.

I suggest you take a course in civics, if you can ever rise above the intelligence of a 5 year old.

Call it a myth.

Video: Hare calls deficit, debt a ?myth? Hot Air

C'mon rdean, tell me how Republicans are the crazy ones.

Because they don't offer any suggestions on how to fix it.

Rapidly growing imports of computers and electronic parts accounted for more than 40 percent of the $186 billion increase in the trade deficit with China between 2001 and 2008. The $73 billion deficit in advanced technology products with China contributed to the elimination of the 628,000 jobs in computer and electronic products in this period.

Massive U.S. Job Loss to China Trade Shown by State and Congressional District - Salem-News.Com

China built TWO electronics factories employing 600,000. Get it? 628,000 --> 600,000.

So then what...do we hire Blackwater to provide police protection? So we have to pay not only the overhead cost of the agency, but the profit margins they demand? You right wing pea brains have taken this anti government privatization mantra to the level of lunacy. Our founding fathers created a GOVERNMENT. They didn't create a corporate entity. As a matter of FACT, our founding fathers regulated corporations to a MUCH stricter level than we do today. Corporations could not own stock in other corporations, they were prohibited from any part of the political process. Individual stockholders were held personally liable for any harms done in the name of the corporation, and in order to receive the profit-making privileges the shareholders sought, their corporations had to represent a clear benefit for the public good.

I suggest you take a course in civics, if you can ever rise above the intelligence of a 5 year old.

What exactly do you think the police are? They are a publicly funded private security force. You cannot oppose them under one name, and support them if they use another.

Why don't you attempt to address the points I actually made, instead of acting like I am advocating anarchy? Or is it too confusing for you to wrap your head around an honest debate?

Call it a myth.

Video: Hare calls deficit, debt a ?myth? Hot Air

C'mon rdean, tell me how Republicans are the crazy ones.

Because they don't offer any suggestions on how to fix it.

Rapidly growing imports of computers and electronic parts accounted for more than 40 percent of the $186 billion increase in the trade deficit with China between 2001 and 2008. The $73 billion deficit in advanced technology products with China contributed to the elimination of the 628,000 jobs in computer and electronic products in this period.

Massive U.S. Job Loss to China Trade Shown by State and Congressional District - Salem-News.Com

China built TWO electronics factories employing 600,000. Get it? 628,000 --> 600,000.

Calling it a myth is fixing it?

:confused::cuckoo::eek:

Forum List

Back