Democrats new approach to national debt.

And we will see a terrible price that we will pay years down the road for letting our children down when they need us the absolute most. I’m not going to be part of that, so every minute that I have here is going to be spent debunking the myth that this country’s in debt and we just can’t spend.
Assholes like this, and Grayson, and Baron Hill in IN need to be shown the door.
Where do they get these people anyway??:cuckoo:

Call it a myth.

Video: Hare calls deficit, debt a ?myth? Hot Air

C'mon rdean, tell me how Republicans are the crazy ones.

Hey pea brain, what is the context of Hare's remarks? I know pea brains don't really care because some right wing hack purposely left that context out & cut up the video just to get pea brains like you incensed.

We can't spend money on a jobs bill that will help local communities create and save a million public and private jobs...

Who the fuck needs policeman, fireman, teachers, child care workers, or why do we need to invest in on-the-job private-sector training positions.

Let them all go on the public dole and suck the tit of government!

Mere parsimony (frugality, stinginess) is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

Call it a myth.

Hey pea brain, what is the context of Hare's remarks? I know pea brains don't really care because some right wing hack purposely left that context out & cut up the video just to get pea brains like you incensed.

We can't spend money on a jobs bill that will help local communities create and save a million public and private jobs...

Who the fuck needs policeman, fireman, teachers, child care workers, or why do we need to invest in on-the-job private-sector training positions.

Mere parsimony (frugality, stinginess) is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

Hey dumbshit. Give up the "police, fire, and teachers" talking point because it is BULLSHIT. The stimulus went for transfer payments and for bulking up the bureaucracy, like this mess:
Social Security Administration Spent $30 Million in Stimulus Money To Hire 585 New Bureaucrats to Certify New Disability Recipients Who Can Be Paid Not to Work | CNSnews.com

Call it a myth.

This post is as disingenuous as any of rdean's posts. Offering quotes out of context to make a "Look how stupid Democrats are" post?

"Democrats" didn't say that - a single Democrat did.

Hare was defending THIS...

Congress and Mayors Announce New Jobs Plan | Press Releases | Committee on Education and Labor

NCW 08-02-10 | Report Shows Significant Cuts to Local Government Jobs, Services

Why does the Federal government need to be paying for policemen, firemen, teachers, and child care workers? Shouldn't local communities be paying for their own policemen, firemen, teachers, and child care workers? Actually, why are taxpayers financing child care workers at all?

Call it a myth.

Edmund Burke

Hey dumbshit. Give up the "police, fire, and teachers" talking point because it is BULLSHIT. The stimulus went for transfer payments and for bulking up the bureaucracy, like this mess:
Social Security Administration Spent $30 Million in Stimulus Money To Hire 585 New Bureaucrats to Certify New Disability Recipients Who Can Be Paid Not to Work | CNSnews.com

Hey Rabbit brain...did you even READ the article you pasted?

Nick Millanek, an OIG audit manager, said retiring baby boomers, the downturn of the economy, and retiring ODAR employees explain the need for the hiring increase.

“The economy went really bad, and so people who were working with disabilities figured that ‘You know, I’m getting laid off, so I’m going to file for disability. And so Social Security had this huge surge in claims from people who were working that got laid off and now they’re claiming they can’t go back to work even if they wanted to because they’re disabled,” he said.

Millanek also said that due to years of low funding, many offices were understaffed. Hence, claims kept “backing up and backing up,” resulting in a substantial pending workload.

SSA anticipates a deluge of claims due to the economy, Millanek said.

“They’re also estimating, with the downturn of the economy, how many more claims they’re going to receive this year and next year,” he said.

I wish I could just buy, buy, buy, and get into debt and say... fuck it, this is just a myth when the bills come in at the end of the month.

If I could I guess I'd be a rich bastard member of the Senate. Since I can't... I'd be a drug addict living in a box if I tried it.

It's a great lesson for America's kids from the democrats though: debt is a figment of your imagination.

I wish I could just buy, buy, buy, and get into debt and say... fuck it, this is just a myth when the bills come in at the end of the month.

If I could I guess I'd be a rich bastard member of the Senate. Since I can't... I'd be a drug addict living in a box if I tried it.

It's a great lesson for America's kids from the democrats though: debt is a figment of your imagination.

Early active ignorance...just what America needs...the pea brains had offspring...

Call it a myth.

Edmund Burke

If the federal government needs to fund local governments maybe it should consider that it is taking way too much money for itself, and let some of those taxes go to local governments to hire policemen, firemen, and teachers.

By the way, just for the record, government jobs do not help the economy, they are a drain on it. A necessary drain, up to a point, but a drain none the less. Since you seem to be willing to misapply quotes from Burke, perhaps you should consider this one:

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."

Call it a myth.

This post is as disingenuous as any of rdean's posts. Offering quotes out of context to make a "Look how stupid Democrats are" post?

Not at all. I consciously decided to be ridiculous in order to make a point, which is lost on almost everyone. rdean actually believes that Republicans are all exactly like any wacko quote he can find.

Call it a myth.

Not at all. I consciously decided to be ridiculous in order to make a point, which is lost on almost everyone. rdean actually believes that Republicans are all exactly like any wacko quote he can find.

Well, I apologize for missing the sarcasm then. Sometimes it's hard to spot, seeing as how there are MANY posters, on both sides of the fence, who would make a post like yours in complete seriousness.

Edmund Burke

Hey Rabbit brain...did you even READ the article you pasted?

Nick Millanek, an OIG audit manager, said retiring baby boomers, the downturn of the economy, and retiring ODAR employees explain the need for the hiring increase.

“The economy went really bad, and so people who were working with disabilities figured that ‘You know, I’m getting laid off, so I’m going to file for disability. And so Social Security had this huge surge in claims from people who were working that got laid off and now they’re claiming they can’t go back to work even if they wanted to because they’re disabled,” he said.

Millanek also said that due to years of low funding, many offices were understaffed. Hence, claims kept “backing up and backing up,” resulting in a substantial pending workload.

SSA anticipates a deluge of claims due to the economy, Millanek said.

“They’re also estimating, with the downturn of the economy, how many more claims they’re going to receive this year and next year,” he said.

I believe your one brain cell has died of loneliness.
Why should the downturn in the economy affect whether people are disabled or not?
It is another scam. Loafers lie about their bad backs and gov't signs off on it in exchange for more dough.
But at least you've given up the talking point about "police and firemen" as if we never had any until the Fed Gov came to the rescue.

Call it a myth.

Edmund Burke

If the federal government needs to fund local governments maybe it should consider that it is taking way too much money for itself, and let some of those taxes go to local governments to hire policemen, firemen, and teachers.

By the way, just for the record, government jobs do not help the economy, they are a drain on it. A necessary drain, up to a point, but a drain none the less. Since you seem to be willing to misapply quotes from Burke, perhaps you should consider this one:

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."

You right wing pea brains (you are NO liberal, classic or any other configuration) squeal that the worst policy during a recession is to raise taxes. With the shortfalls of state revenues even with substantial state budget cuts, local communities are having to choose between raising taxes to sustain essential services or firing more workers.

So, you say raise taxes during a recession, but not on the elite or the top 1 %, you say to raise taxes on everyone, the middle class and the poor...

People with government jobs A) provide services to the community i,e. police, fire B) They pay Federal, State and local taxes C) They sustain their family without tapping into public assistance programs D) They SPEND money to support all other jobs that depend on consumers. E) They are not drawing unemployment checks.

Circumstances give in reality to every political principle its distinguishing color and discriminating effect. The circumstances are what render every civil and political scheme beneficial or noxious to mankind.
Edmund Burke

Last edited:

Well, I apologize for missing the sarcasm then. Sometimes it's hard to spot, seeing as how there are MANY posters, on both sides of the fence, who would make a post like yours in complete seriousness.

I know. I thought the call out to rdean was enough, maybe I should have used some smiley faces. :tongue:

Did you notice that the video ended before he reached the of the sentence. When he said .."debunk the myth that this country is in debt and we can't spend....

Spend on what? I assume he followed this with something reasonable. Why else would he be cut off like that? This is worst shit than the political ads on TV.

Edmund Burke

You right wing pea brains (you are NO liberal, classic or any other configuration) squeal that the worst policy during a recession is to raise taxes. With the shortfalls of state revenues even with substantial state budget cuts, local communities are having to choose between raising taxes to sustain essential services or firing more workers.

So, you say raise taxes during a recession, but not on the elite or the top 1 %, you say to raise taxes on everyone, the middle class and the poor...

People with government jobs A) provide services to the community i,e. police, fire B) They pay Federal, State and local taxes C) They sustain their family without tapping into public assistance programs D) They SPEND money to support all other jobs that depend on consumers. E) They are not drawing unemployment checks.

Circumstances give in reality to every political principle its distinguishing color and discriminating effect. The circumstances are what render every civil and political scheme beneficial or noxious to mankind.
Edmund Burke

Wow, you know my positions without me typing a word.

I am unimpressed.

I think the worst policy is to raise taxes in any economy, at least at the federal level. Local governments are better equipped to know what is needed locally, and react to it faster. Take your vaunted stimulus as an example, and all the federal red tape that made it harder to spend. Do you honestly think LA decided to hold on to all that money because they thought it made sense?

I already admitted that government jobs is a necessary drain to a point, so why are you trying to claim that they are beneficial, and thus justified? Every dollar that goes to taxes comes out of the pockets of people who could be using that money to find a cure for cancer, yet you want to argue that every level of government is responsible for paying for police protection in any community in the country. Exactly why should my taxes go to paying for police in Boston and firemen in Dallas?

By the way, government employees cannot possibly pay more in taxes than they take out of the system in wages and benefits. Pointing out that they pay taxes is plain stupid, and I have no idea why people even mention it. Is it because you know any defense that you mount of the public sector is so weak that it will inevitably fail, and you thus want to throw out as much BS as possible in an attempt to cloud the issue?

As for the rest of your arguments, it would probably be less expensive to simply fire every government employee and give them the food and shelter they need for their family. Since they are spending money that I could spend myself, that does not impress me, and unemployment would at least come with a time limit.

Want to keep trying, or can you admit that you are totally lost already?

Did you notice that the video ended before he reached the of the sentence. When he said .."debunk the myth that this country is in debt and we can't spend....

Spend on what? I assume he followed this with something reasonable. Why else would he be cut off like that? This is worst shit than the political ads on TV.

Why don't you go look up the reasonable thing he was trying to say.

I could use the laugh.

Forum List

Back