Democrats New $854 Billion Tax

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
CBO released its findings regarding the new EPA/Cap n Tax program being pushed by the Democrat leadership in Congress - and supported by the Obama White House.

This one program alone proposes $854 billion in "increased revenue" to the federal government.

How can that kind of tax increase not impact all Americans - particularly the lower class? Everything from utility rates to cost of food will go up.

This is Big Government fiscal madness at its very worst...

___

Cost Estimate for S. 1733, the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act
Yesterday CBO released a cost estimate for S. 1733, the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act, which was ordered reported by the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on November 5, 2009. This legislation would make a number of changes in energy and environmental policies largely aimed at reducing emissions of gases that contribute to global warming. The bill would limit or cap the quantity of certain greenhouse gases (GHGs) emitted from facilities that generate electricity and from other industrial activities beginning in 2012.

Increase federal revenues by about $854 billion;

___

Full report here:

Director’s Blog » Blog Archive » Cost Estimate for S. 1733, the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act

CBO released its findings regarding the new EPA/Cap n Tax program being pushed by the Democrat leadership in Congress - and supported by the Obama White House.

This one program alone proposes $854 billion in "increased revenue" to the federal government.

How can that kind of tax increase not impact all Americans - particularly the lower class? Everything from utility rates to cost of food will go up.

___

Yesterday CBO released a cost estimate for S. 1733, the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act, which was ordered reported by the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on November 5, 2009. This legislation would make a number of changes in energy and environmental policies largely aimed at reducing emissions of gases that contribute to global warming. The bill would limit or cap the quantity of certain greenhouse gases (GHGs) emitted from facilities that generate electricity and from other industrial activities beginning in 2012.

___

Full report here:

Director’s Blog » Blog Archive » Cost Estimate for S. 1733, the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act

Well--you know they're trying to save the planet--:lol::lol: Now if these little Einsteins can figure out how to keep our C02 free air from wandering off to other countries, maybe mother earth will decide not to do a global melt around our shores--:lol::lol:

$complete_idiots_globalwarmi.gif

___

___

Full report here:

Well--you know they're trying to save the planet--:lol::lol: Now if these little Einsteins can figure out how to keep our C02 free air from wandering off to other countries, maybe mother earth will decide not to do a global melt around our shores--:lol::lol:

View attachment 9023

Perhaps if all the DC politicians just stopped breathing, the earth would be saved!

Good God - just one tax alone and they are shooting for nearly a trillion dollars on the backs of Americans who are already trying to survive these very tough economic times.

Sheer madness...

___

___

Full report here:

View attachment 9023

Perhaps if all the DC politicians just stopped breathing, the earth would be saved!

Good God - just one tax alone and they are shooting for nearly a trillion dollars on the backs of Americans who are already trying to survive these very tough economic times.

Sheer madness...

You're absolutely right--this is absolute insanity. Yeap--lets raise utility costs to business & consumers during the worst economic crisis since the great depression--sending food & other necessities through the roof.---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

One has to start questioning if the federal government wants us all living under bridges?

View attachment 9023

Sheer madness...

You're absolutely right--this is absolute insanity. Yeap--lets raise utility costs to business & consumers during the worst economic crisis since the great depression--sending food & other necessities through the roof.---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

One has to start questioning if the federal government wants us all living under bridges?

It appears the Feds want us all living under their thumbs...

I'm curious how fast the GOP can UNDO some of these stupid new laws?? I assume Obama would veto any undo law, but at least a GOP majority should slow down some of the moronic new/proposed laws from 2010 thru 2012. I'M UPSET WITH C+T, UHC, IMMIGRATION/AMNESTY, giving $100b to China for global warming, and thats just the stupid stuff I know about.

Last edited:
Well..between this new tax and healthcare's trillion dollar tax scheme....that just about covers Obama's deficit in the budget....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I wonder how that all came about?

Well..between this new tax and healthcare's trillion dollar tax scheme....that just about covers Obama's deficit in the budget....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I wonder how that all came about?

Gotta wonder if the Clowns in DC have any brains at all?? OL'BO can't spend a dime unless the Clowns approve it. I guess they do want us all living under bridges or in the woods in tents. These guys have gotta go!!!

During the campaign I had a lot of freinds who were all gaga over OL'BO. I told them then that if they voted for this bozo they had better be prepared to hang onto their wallets. Just how dead on was I???

Last edited:

Gotta wonder if the Clowns in DC have any brains at all?? OL'BO can't spend a dime unless the Clowns approve it. I guess they do want us all living under bridges or in the woods in tents. These guys have gotta go!!!

During the campaign I had a lot of freinds who were all gaga over OL'BO. I told them then that if they voted for this bozo they had better be prepared to hang onto their wallets. Just how dead on was I???

So do they now regret their white-guilt vote?

I didn't vote for either candidate in the last election. Both of them were unqualified in my book. Especially a community organizer who QUIT the Senate after 2 years.

Well the good news is all the Dimocrats in the House face reelection in 11 short months and several Senators too. So what I can't for the life of me figure out, don't they stop for even a moment and think about what the opposition's campaign ads are going to be saying about them in particular and their party and Obama in general?

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted they're doing what they're doing. But I'm getting bruised from continually pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming all this.

Well the good news is all the Dimocrats in the House face reelection in 11 short months and several Senators too. So what I can't for the life of me figure out, don't they stop for even a moment and think about what the opposition's campaign ads are going to be saying about them in particular and their party and Obama in general?

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted they're doing what they're doing. But I'm getting bruised from continually pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming all this.

Basically they are willing to fall on their pencils to get a flawed healthcare bill passed but wouldn't fall on their swords to prevent bad intel from being used in the run up to the Iraq war.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back