Democrats Need New Clichés

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I grown kind of weary of the Obama and Democratic Party hackneyed clichés of the past year and I hope over the next year they will show some initiative and come up with some new phrases.

I mean how many more times do we have to hear from Obama/Democrats as they say, "I take full responsibility" then pass the the responsibility on to, "we inherited this from the last administration" or "it's "Bush's fault" or "the Republicans won't work with us" or "the party of no".

Lets get real here, Democrats had the Presidency, a majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and ended up a year later not passing the Frankenstein version of health care, how can you blame Bush or Republicans for that?

Last edited:
I grown kind of weary of the Obama and Democratic Party hackneyed clichés of the past year and I hope over the next year they will show some initiative and come up with some new phrases.

I mean how many more times do we have to hear from Obama/Democrats as they say, "I take full responsibility" then pass the the responsibility on to, "we inherited this from the last administration" or "it's "Bush's fault" or "the Republicans won't work with us" or "the party of no".

Lets get real here, Democrats had the Presidency, a majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and ended up a year later not passing the Frankenstein version of health care, how can you blame Bush or Republicans for that?

Remember this?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/98804-do-you-want-to-be-a-member-of-the-party-of-no.html

Hmm, new cliches. That's a toughie.
How about, "We inherited an enormous mess from the British that we're still cleaning up"
Or
"We loaned Russia tons of money for WW2 and we want it back!"
Or
"War means Peace" "Love means Hate" "A Rahm is better than a Damn"

Looks like one new saying is gonna be...

"If these folks want a fight, it’s a fight I’m ready to have.” :eek:

gee wow....makes Obama sound tough... like he's after killer terrorists instead of banks....:lol:

more dopey hopey changey crapola...

Forum List

Back