Democrats make up two thirds of the legislative body

Leweman

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
or I should say control two thirds because of the Presidents need for approval for a Bill and the lack of any veto proof majority. You would think Republican's are in charge of Congress the way the news and many on here talk. Just figured I'd remind everyone.

Last edited:
They whined like babies when they had all three the wh, the house, and the senate.. they'll never stop looking for someone to blame. that's how you know obamie is an incompetent fool.

or I should say control two thirds because of the Presidents need for approval for a Bill and the lack of any veto proof majority. You would think Republican's are in charge of Congress the way the news and many on here talk. Just figured I'd remind everyone.

I don't know what you're trying to say.

The legislative body is comprised of the House (435 members) and Senate (100 members), for a total of 535 legislators.

Combined House and Senate (roughly because of 2 Senate Independents):

Dems...243 members, or approx. 45%
Repubs...289 members, or approx. 54%

How do you get Dems make up two-thirds, 66%, of the legislative body?

Which has what to do with our current form of government?

As long as Republicans control over 40% of the Senate, they can block all legislation. That is what they have been doing

Democrats make up 2/3's of a nut house composed of both Democrats and Republicans. Everybody in the entire Congress, and the President, should be fired and replaced with a new group of people that can work together to do something constructive for America.

Forum List

Back