Democrats Losing Health Care Topic?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
What was once a foundational Democrat Party issue is now evenly divided between both major political parties.

Republican are now tied with Democrats in public perception of who can be trusted to handle the healthcare issue the best.

If Republicans overtake the healthcare issue, they will have voter approval to handle eight of ten current issues of importance to Americans, including taxes, the economy, and security.

Trust on Issues - Rasmussen Reports™

What was once a foundational Democrat Party issue is now evenly divided between both major political parties.

Republican are now tied with Democrats in public perception of who can be trusted to handle the healthcare issue the best.

If Republicans overtake the healthcare issue, they will have voter approval to handle eight of ten current issues of importance to Americans, including taxes, the economy, and security.

wow thats surprising. I guess with the dems being in charge of the legislature for the last 3 years and now having the white house for 8 months people are putting the responsibility on them for the bad stuff going on as a result of government.

wow thats surprising. I guess with the dems being in charge of the legislature for the last 3 years and now having the white house for 8 months people are putting the responsibility on them for the bad stuff going on as a result of government.

___

That would be a nice change of pace eh? Actual accountability for the inept Democrat Congress and equally inept Democrat White House...

Yes i think the people are paying attention more than the democrats want. They didn't realize the seeds they were sowing while using the MSM to bash bush for so long.....now the chickens are coming home to roost and the dems dont like it one bit.

You cant just turn off our attention now that you're in charge guys, you go the country to pay attention to politics now deal with it.

I still hope a 3rd party appears and becomes viable....so we can vote out the hypocritical republicans and democrats and get a real representative party.

Yes i think the people are paying attention more than the democrats want. They didn't realize the seeds they were sowing while using the MSM to bash bush for so long.....now the chickens are coming home to roost and the dems dont like it one bit.

You cant just turn off our attention now that you're in charge guys, you go the country to pay attention to politics now deal with it.

I still hope a 3rd party appears and becomes viable....so we can vote out the hypocritical republicans and democrats and get a real representative party.

Try and convince the two ensconced parties to comply? I don't see it happening short of armed revolt.

Try and convince the two ensconced parties to comply? I don't see it happening short of armed revolt.

It is possible, but we need to get whatever third party that solidifies to do the one thing we have been avoiding for a long time, track their voters. At least for the first time, get everyone who is sick of the bipartisan shit to select one candidate that we can all agree on enough to get through one term, vote for them (no changing your mind at the polls) and then if they do get the majority and still don't get in (not relying on exit polling but an actual database) then nothing short of an armed revolution would stop them. However, if we can get just one in for one term, maybe, just maybe, the politicians on the two powerhouses will start actually listening to the voters and working toward fulfilling campaign promises.

It was only a question of time before folks woke up to the inadequacies of Democrats. The only way a clown like Bush became President is because his competition were Democrats. And now, here we are.

It was only a question of time before folks woke up to the inadequacies of Democrats. The only way a clown like Bush became President is because his competition were Democrats. And now, here we are.

You actually still believe there is a difference between the parties on the level of politicians? Wake up please. ;)

It is possible, but we need to get whatever third party that solidifies to do the one thing we have been avoiding for a long time, track their voters. At least for the first time, get everyone who is sick of the bipartisan shit to select one candidate that we can all agree on enough to get through one term, vote for them (no changing your mind at the polls) and then if they do get the majority and still don't get in (not relying on exit polling but an actual database) then nothing short of an armed revolution would stop them. However, if we can get just one in for one term, maybe, just maybe, the politicians on the two powerhouses will start actually listening to the voters and working toward fulfilling campaign promises.

The problem is, is that no-one seems to bring this up until their preferred party is out of power.

Most of the people that are espousing a major third paty on this board, for instance, were not saying the same thing 3 years ago.

And certainly the only time I hear anything about an "Armed Revolution" being a solution at all is when a person's preferred party recently lost an election.

Putting aside the partisanship of Rasmussen, FoxNews' numbers department...

According to your own link, the numbers have IMPROVED for the Democrats in the past month, by 3 points.

The problem is, is that no-one seems to bring this up until their preferred party is out of power.

Most of the people that are espousing a major third paty on this board, for instance, were not saying the same thing 3 years ago.

And certainly the only time I hear anything about an "Armed Revolution" being a solution at all is when a person's preferred party recently lost an election.

Neither of us were on this board three years ago. ;)

There is also a huge difference, people are waking up, and change takes time, especially positive change. Now there are many ex-Democrats (like me) who are becoming adamant about supporting someone else, anyone else, besides the two major parties. Republicans on here seem to still hold the majority of that, and from what I have seen of Bush it wouldn't matter which party was in charge they would still hold to it. You seem to think that many of the Republicans supported Bush when he was in office, but the wake up call that I got, and you may still need, is that they didn't.

And that would have been a good point if Republicans hadn't defended him adamantly for 6 years, only backing down when there was no chance of him getting elected again.

Well i hope the republicans who are out of power join me this time with the 3rd party. I know the dems left me high and dry back in 04 when i pushed for a 3rd party....both parties ignored the call in 08. Maybe 2012? Hopefully 2010 :)

True, true, but the thread histories go back to 2003 :)

There is also a huge difference, people are waking up, and change takes time, especially positive change. Now there are many ex-Democrats (like me) who are becoming adamant about supporting someone else, anyone else, besides the two major parties. Republicans on here seem to still hold the majority of that, and from what I have seen of Bush it wouldn't matter which party was in charge they would still hold to it. You seem to think that many of the Republicans supported Bush when he was in office, but the wake up call that I got, and you may still need, is that they didn't.

I am certainly NOT against a major 3rd party. I have toyed with the idea at many points.

My thought was to call it the "Egalitarians" (Eagles for short). Taking on a completely different stance on all the issues.

You actually still believe there is a difference between the parties on the level of politicians? Wake up please. ;)

I left the Republicans for the time-being. They have too many that agree with the Statists, and until such time as they decide to come home to the Republic, they in their practices do a disservice to the root of their name.

Parties have become MOOT, exhausting, and infuriating. I think we saw alot of this in August. I think both entrenched parties need, nay, SHOULD take note, and re-evaluate.

I am certainly NOT against a major 3rd party. I have toyed with the idea at many points.

My thought was to call it the "Egalitarians" (Eagles for short). Taking on a completely different stance on all the issues.

Then jump on, this bandwagon will always have room for more. It's hard to discard your preconceptions of parties at first, but you will find that there is far more going on than you see once you do. The key is to start looking at big pictures, not just catch phrases offered by parties.

Then jump on, this bandwagon will always have room for more. It's hard to discard your preconceptions of parties at first, but you will find that there is far more going on than you see once you do. The key is to start looking at big pictures, not just catch phrases offered by parties.

A great example would be John McCain. He was a WEAK alternative to Obama, or the Hildebeast fronted by the Democrats. CHANGE! Well we have it. Like O's change thusfar you unemployed??

GOD love [McCain] him for his service in the Military, and I'm sure that was the undercurrent of thought by the Republicans in choosing him...(Or was it the media)?

In any event? Palin was a strong second in my view that shoulda' been FIRST. Even the braindead morons of McCain's entourage mishandled her...

But moot point NEITHER Mc Cain or Palin WON. (Or did ONE of them)?

Notice how the Attacks on Palin go on? Does it tell you anything? She's on track, and McCain, Politically...is on course for retirement, Justifiabally.

Palin resigned for all the correct reasons from the Governorship of Alaska. It was bringing her State down...She justifiably did the CORRECT course as ANY Conservative would do...and she is stronger now than she ever was. She is a strong Conservative PERSON. She knew what to do. A Hallmark of a Conservative.

I think if she runs in 2012, she'll have a very great chance of bringing this country together better than Obama could've ever have dreamed.

Point? Obama? BIG GOVERNMENT [Just look at his Selections a CZARS accountable to NO ONE, not even Congress]...Palin? The Individual...

Yeah Obama PROMISED to unite us...but what have we seen? Division. Why? He lied about who he was. The people saw it. They voiced it this past August. Quandry point? OBAMA. His plea to the Congress will go forth tommorrow night to the Congress to thwart US, the people anyway for his Public Option no matter what we think. WATCH.

Palin, is from US, a MOM...someone who really had an HONEST job in the beginning, and got involved in politics...REAL grass roots story.

And this above all is why she is HATED, loathed by the left...If she runs on the Republican ticket? I'm Back in with the PUBS...but I dare say? They better not flub this one. It will be thier final chance. For I will go Third party ONCE, and for all. I've had all I can stand of what Mark Levin refers to "REPUBICANS"...after all? It is those people that want to gladhand the enemies of this Republic...and bring it closer to a Marxist level, and this cannot stand.

So KK? Let's give it a shot, eh?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back