Democrats lock Republicans out of committee room!

From the article....

Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-N.Y.) locked Republicans out of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee room to keep them from meeting when Democrats aren’t present.

Towns’ action came after repeated public ridicule from the leading Republican on the committee, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), over Towns’s failure to launch an investigation into Countrywide Mortgage’s reported sweetheart deals to VIPs.

Nice to see such adult behavior.

We really need to elect less idiots. Just sayin'.

You must have been really pissed when Sensenbrenner locked the Democrats out, forced them to meet in a basement, turned the electricity off during their meeting.

You can't make this shit up, the dems locked the GoP out to 'get even' with them for catching the dems lieing about a vote! :lol:

The GoP and dems, fiddling while America burns.

Democrats lock Republicans out of committee room - TheHill.com

So much for the argument by some on the left that the republicans have nothing to offer. How would they know they dont even give the republicans a chance :rolleyes:

Ugh. This is pathetic politics no matter which side would do such an action.

So much for the argument by some on the left that the republicans have nothing to offer. How would they know they dont even give the republicans a chance :rolleyes:

Well, this isn't exactly offering a plan on anything. The republicans on this particular committee just want to investigate Democrats.

You must have been really pissed when Sensenbrenner locked the Democrats out, forced them to meet in a basement, turned the electricity off during their meeting.

Firstly, despite insistence to the contrary...... two wrongs do not equal right. It is just two wrongs.

Childish behavior really needs to stop - we are in a tail spin - despite what the Obamanation would have us believe - and it is high time that we all (left and right) demanded that our politicians stop the fucking idiocy and start solving the problems.

Firstly, despite insistence to the contrary...... two wrongs do not equal right. It is just two wrongs.

Childish behavior really needs to stop - we are in a tail spin - despite what the Obamanation would have us believe - and it is high time that we all (left and right) demanded that our politicians stop the fucking idiocy and start solving the problems.

I agree that two wrongs don't make a right....and I'm quite sure that when the Republicans did it to the Democrats a few years ago, you were complaining about foul play back then too, like I was.

I agree that two wrongs don't make a right....and I'm quite sure that when the Republicans did it to the Democrats a few years ago, you were complaining about foul play back then too, like I was.
:rolleyes: But it's happening now. Focus.

Actually, yes. I did call foul on it back then. And I call foul on it now. Two wrongs etc. Childish behavior by those who are supposed to lead is pretty fucking pathetic, in my opinion.

I thought I'd made that clear in my post but obviously I need to put it more simply for some. I'm perfectly at ease calling both sides a bunch of fucking morons who aren't capable of running a tap without supervision, yet alone the country.

Well, this isn't exactly offering a plan on anything. The republicans on this particular committee just want to investigate Democrats.

I'm just saying the republicans are being denied the chance to provide input because the democrats childishly locked them out.

As far as investigating the democrats, this is as much bullpoop as the dems always trying to investigate the repubs, bunch of childish B.S. on both sides.

Yea it's not like the democrats have done anything unethical.:cuckoo: Like Senators Christopher Dodd,( Democrat from Connecticut and chairman of the Banking Committee,) and Kent Conrad, (Democrat from North Dakota, chairman of the Budget Committee and a member of the Finance Committee,) taking sweetheart deals from Countrywide.

I'm just saying the republicans are being denied the chance to provide input because the democrats childishly locked them out.

As far as investigating the democrats, this is as much bullpoop as the dems always trying to investigate the repubs, bunch of childish B.S. on both sides.

And all I was driving at was that there was no plan or legislation being talked about to have them "denied input." The GOP wants an investigation and the D's don't, so they are both yipping around stupidly.

This is what is wrong with American politics in microcasim.

I made it plain that I view both sides as foolish, yet this poster is back handedly accusing me of being a hypocrite, with zero proof, just his unfailing rose colored barryglasses that its true.

Sorry to disapoint you chauncey, but this shit has to stop.

If you stood up and condemned this stupid shit it would stop, instead of doing what so many in barryland love to do, looking for the moral equivenlcy that gives Barry a magic bullet to get a pass.

YOU should be offended your gov does these things, that should be your first and only reaction.

So let me again make it clear for you, and so many others that still don't get it, i loathe the Gop as much as I loathe the democrats, both are equaly worthless, and pointing out the stupidity done does not make someone a supporter of the other side.

That should be clear enough.

Forum List

Back