Democrats, Incapable of Compromise..

When you can't attack the facts, attack the source. Well done Lumpy.

Public Wants a Debt Ceiling Compromise, Expects a Deal Before Deadline
GOP Widely Viewed as 'More Extreme in Its Positions'

Fully 68% say that lawmakers who share their views on this issue should compromise, even it means striking a deal they disagree with. Just 23% say lawmakers who share their views should stand by their principles, even if that leads to default. [...]

Large majorities of Democrats (81%) and independents (69%) favor a compromise to avoid default, but Republicans are more divided: 53% favor a compromise, while 38% say lawmakers who share their views should stand by their principles even if it leads to a default.

Among all Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, 53% of those who agree with the Tea Party favor lawmakers standing by their principles even if it means the government goes into default. Just 24% of Republicans and GOP leaners who do not agree with the Tea Party express this view.[...]

However, Republicans are viewed much more negatively than the Democrats on several important traits and characteristics. Notably, 50% view the Republican Party as “more extreme in its positions.” Far fewer (35%) say this phrase better describes the Democratic Party. Majorities of Democrats (64%) and independents (51%) view the GOP as more extreme, as do about a third of Republicans (35%).

As was the case in April, the Democrats also lead by wide margins as the party more willing to work with political leaders from the other party (by 25 points) and more concerned with the needs of typical Americans (by 21 points). Democrats continue to hold a smaller lead on honest governance (12 points).

What is thier take on the public's view of a real budget the Democrats have refused to accomplish for 1000 days and counting?

Democrat compromise... lol

Cap & trade was a job killer, the individual mandate is probably unconstitutional (about 1/2 the Democrats agree) and not raising taxes before an election was politically advantageous for Democrats.

and Republican compromises are generally rejected by Democrats...

Nothing you just stated changes the FACT that both were Republican ideas that came directly from the Heritage Foundation. The current Affordable Care Act is almost exactly like the Bob Dole answer to HillaryCare.

Soooo you're admitting Republicans have more acceptable policies/ideas then.

Well you got me there... I don't recall a 2,700 page affordable care act proposal from Bob Dole.. I suspect I'm not alone on that though....:D

No, I'm showing you were the Democrats are considerably more willing to compromise than the Republicans. You've been given quite a few facts that back up that contention and have provided NONE in return.

Here's more facts:

And indeed, this is exactly the case. Obama's plan closely mirrors three proposals that have attracted the support of Republicans who reside within their party's mainstream: The first is the 1993 Senate Republican health plan, which is compared with Obama's plan here, with the similarity endorsed by former Republican Senator Dave Durenberger here. The second is the Bipartisan Policy Center plan, endorsed by Bob Dole, Howard baker, George Mitchell and Tom Daschle, which is compared to Obama's plan here. And the third, of course, is Mitt Romney's Massachusetts plan, which was crafted by the same economist who helped create Obama's plan, and which is rhetorically indistinguishable from Obama's. (The main difference are that Obama's plan cuts Medicare and imposes numerous other cost-saving measures -- which is to say, attempting to craft a national version of Romney's plan would result in something substantially more liberal than Obama's proposal.)
[/LIST]

Obama's Moderate Health Care Plan

Last edited:

Fully 68% say that lawmakers who share their views on this issue should compromise, even it means striking a deal they disagree with. Just 23% say lawmakers who share their views should stand by their principles, even if that leads to default. [...]

Large majorities of Democrats (81%) and independents (69%) favor a compromise to avoid default, but Republicans are more divided: 53% favor a compromise, while 38% say lawmakers who share their views should stand by their principles even if it leads to a default.

Among all Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, 53% of those who agree with the Tea Party favor lawmakers standing by their principles even if it means the government goes into default. Just 24% of Republicans and GOP leaners who do not agree with the Tea Party express this view.[...]

However, Republicans are viewed much more negatively than the Democrats on several important traits and characteristics. Notably, 50% view the Republican Party as “more extreme in its positions.” Far fewer (35%) say this phrase better describes the Democratic Party. Majorities of Democrats (64%) and independents (51%) view the GOP as more extreme, as do about a third of Republicans (35%).

As was the case in April, the Democrats also lead by wide margins as the party more willing to work with political leaders from the other party (by 25 points) and more concerned with the needs of typical Americans (by 21 points). Democrats continue to hold a smaller lead on honest governance (12 points).

Well thanks...lol

I'm tired and going to bed.. Was this just before Obama/Democrat leadership lost the triple A credit rating from the S&P, a rating the U.S. had since 1941 as I recall?

Last edited:

Well thanks...lol

I'm tired and going to bed.. Was this just before Obama/Democrat leadership lost the triple A credit rating from the S&P, a rating the U.S. had since 1941 as I recall.

IMAX is calling, they want their projector back.

What did S&P blame the downgrade on again? Oh yeah...the inability to compromise. Which party has show a propensity for being unable (do to some sort of pact with Grover Norquist) and unwilling to compromise?

Well thanks...lol

I'm tired and going to bed.. Was this just before Obama/Democrat leadership lost the triple A credit rating from the S&P, a rating the U.S. had since 1941 as I recall.

What did S&P blame the downgrade on again? Oh yeah...the inability to compromise. Which party has show a propensity for being unable (do to some sort of pact with Grover Norquist) and unwilling to compromise?

Well, in reality if Democrats would have gone (compromised) with the Republican plan I doubt the S&P would have downgraded the triple A credit rating, that's fairly obvious.

...and good morning.. sheesh, off to bed.

Last edited:
So republicans who are stubborn, ignorant, and want things their way show compromise?
lol.

The democrats do something atleast. But it doesn't matter which side you are in, you should always be open to listening and changing your decisions when it's for the better.

Well thanks...lol

Well, in reality if Democrats would have gone (compromised) with the Republican plan I doubt the S&P would have downgraded the triple A credit rating, that's fairly obvious.

S&P said that what was needed was a combination of spending cuts AND revenue increases. Democrats have shown a willingness for spending cuts. What revenue increases have Republicans proposed or supported? Oh that's right, they can't. They owe their souls to Grover Norquist...

Democrats Offer Significant Concessions - Plan Is to the Right of Bowles-Simpson and Gang of Six

Umm the Bush tax cuts got extended.
And health care reform was compromised into a big mess.

Obamacare was not a compromise.

The bill passed on a party line vote.

At least have the guts to take credit for your failures.

Only because the Republicans were united in opposing anything President Obama proposed or supported. Remember, their number one goal going into the debates was not "how do we make healthcare more affordable for the American people", it was "how do we make Barack Obama a one term President".

And yes, it was a compromise. Do you know what a majority of Americans DID want coming out of the HC debates? A public option. Is there a public option in the ACA? No. Why is that? Is it because a majority of Americans wanted it, or because a majority of insurance lobbyists (who paid for buses to take people to Tea Party events) didn't?

Democrats have shown a willingness for spending cuts.

ROTFL.gif

Dude. Spending never gets cut.

The idealogical differences are now so great, compromise by either side is impossible.

What the past almost 6 years has shown the American people is that Democrats in a leadership capacity are incapable of compromise.

Having 2/3ers or all of the Legislative or Executive political power over the past almost 6 years has rendered the country into a state of economic fragility and lack of faith in government ability to solve the problems facing each American citizen.

It seems to me that our government was set up for compromise (both extremes end up pissed) and Democrats refuse to play the game as the rules dictate.

How is voting for their continued inflexibility going to help the country?

In the past 6 years, Democrats ended up agreeing with the original Republican ideas of cap-and-trade, of the individual mandate, and for extending the Bush tax cuts two more years.

In the past 6 years, where has the Republican party shown compromise?

Democrat compromise... lol

Cap & trade was a job killer, the individual mandate is probably unconstitutional (about 1/2 the Democrats agree) and not raising taxes before an election was politically advantageous for Democrats.

and Republican compromises are generally rejected by Democrats...

Cap and trade was first proposed by the Reagan administration but not enacted until Bush Sr. It was called emissions trading then, of course. It was enacted to deal with the acid rain/ozone issue.

Cap and trade is NOT a job killer. That bullshit rhetoric the party of no sold you hook line and sinker. In fact, cap and trade would CREATE jobs as new private industry positions would be created to monitor and even caluculate what company could trade.

The issue is back when emissions trading went into effect, we had a very real problem. One that no one could deny. The Global Climate change issue is hotly debated. Otherwise, private companies who were not large "polluters" could sell off their remaining emission quota for profit.

Well thanks...lol

No.

You have been shown the facts. The Democrats have compromised repeatedly. It's the RepubliCON ( NeoCon ) slaves to the unelected ( secret Muslim? ) Grover Norquist who have absolutely refused to compromise and have led this government into an economic crisis and continue to propose the very same ideas that got us in this mess in the first place.

Einstein defined Insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

By that definition, the every NeoCon and all of their supporters are insane.

Like I said...youre not paying attention.

Obama to offer corporate tax reform plan - CNN

and whats worse...the Republicans have been doing it for 27 years!!!

From 1985: ( notice it was actually supported by Reagan but blocked by Republicans anyway...even back then Reagan was far too reasonable for the Republican party )

House Republicans block Dem tax reform measure 12/12/1985 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

A PERFECT example of Democrats willing to meet in the middle, to compromise and the Republicans throwing a tantrum.

After almost 30 years of blocking Dems efforts at real tax reform, even you should have noticed the TRUTH by now. Its not even something new. Its HISTORICAL FACT!

Now link to a SINGLE Republican offered compromise. I typed " Republicans offer compromise" into google and google fucking laughed at me.

:lol:That’s all you got? In 1985 Republicans blocked something? Obama totally ignored his own debt commission, he said he would reform the tax code where is it? The Republicans have theirs where is Obama's tax reform proposal?
ROTF you illiterate dumbas the psot you just replied to HAD Obama's tax reform in it
But since you are illiterate and a retard ill post it again for you Right here you dumbass
Obama proposes lowering corporate tax rate to 28 percent - The Washington Post
Barack Obama on Tax Reform
No Plz post your bogus GOP tax reform that says it reduces deductions but doesn't name a single one they want tor educe

You mean Obama said a lot of things. There is no proposal and there never has been.

Nothing you just stated changes the FACT that both were Republican ideas that came directly from the Heritage Foundation. The current Affordable Care Act is almost exactly like the Bob Dole answer to HillaryCare.

Well you got me there... I don't recall a 2,700 page affordable care act proposal from Bob Dole.. I suspect I'm not alone on that though....:D

No, I'm showing you were the Democrats are considerably more willing to compromise than the Republicans. You've been given quite a few facts that back up that contention and have provided NONE in return.

Here's more facts:

And indeed, this is exactly the case. Obama's plan closely mirrors three proposals that have attracted the support of Republicans who reside within their party's mainstream: The first is the 1993 Senate Republican health plan, which is compared with Obama's plan here, with the similarity endorsed by former Republican Senator Dave Durenberger here. The second is the Bipartisan Policy Center plan, endorsed by Bob Dole, Howard baker, George Mitchell and Tom Daschle, which is compared to Obama's plan here. And the third, of course, is Mitt Romney's Massachusetts plan, which was crafted by the same economist who helped create Obama's plan, and which is rhetorically indistinguishable from Obama's. (The main difference are that Obama's plan cuts Medicare and imposes numerous other cost-saving measures -- which is to say, attempting to craft a national version of Romney's plan would result in something substantially more liberal than Obama's proposal.)
[/LIST]

obama doesn't have health care plan, he didn't write the Health care law, He didn't read it and niether did most of the democrats...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACbwND52rrw]John Conyers on Reading the Healthcare Bill - YouTube[/ame]

No.

You have been shown the facts. The Democrats have compromised repeatedly. It's the RepubliCON ( NeoCon ) slaves to the unelected ( secret Muslim? ) Grover Norquist who have absolutely refused to compromise and have led this government into an economic crisis and continue to propose the very same ideas that got us in this mess in the first place.

Einstein defined Insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

By that definition, the every NeoCon and all of their supporters are insane.

Re-electing Obama.. you mean..?

Here's more facts:

[/LIST]

obama doesn't have health care plan, he didn't write the Health care law, He didn't read it and niether did most of the democrats...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACbwND52rrw"]John Conyers on Reading the Healthcare Bill - YouTube[/ame]

Pelosi admitted much as well...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU]Pelosi: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It" - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back