Democrats In Their Own Words

a slanted piece taking many statements out of context.....

a piece that is humorous, perhaps, to those on the right, but one which does very little toward illuminating the issues in the very important debate that faces us.

it was kinda like watching a piece on George Bush from the Daily Show
LOL, everyone should hear it and decide. Isn't tech great?

LOL, everyone should hear it and decide. Isn't tech great?

actually...everyone should listen to the entire debate and then listen to the entire republican debate and the next debate and the debate after that - both democrats and republicans...listen to every word of every debate they can find on their TV dials...and drive to attend debates that are within driving range of their homes.... and then, and only then, determine who amongst those men and women debating is the best qualified to lead us.

a piece that is humorous, perhaps, to those on the right, but one which does very little toward illuminating the issues in the very important debate that faces us.

Humorous? I don't find anything humorous about those pissant answers.....excuse me, nonanswers. It could be funny if there wasn't a chance of any of these dimwits getting elected, unfortunately November showed that the American public is susceptible to the bullshit all of these clowns stand for, that is scary.

I can think of plenty of people who are laughing but none live in this country and all have a sworn hatred for us.

Standard response for the liberal wimp from Maine

Everytime his lib buds are nailed with what they actually say, he whines how the statements were taken out of context, or the source is slanted

I knoew on election night once the Dems won power back, they would fuck it up and let their arrogrance rule and be seen in the light of day

08 is going to be the Dems Waterloo

I would think the argument that the source is slanted would be rather irrelevant. After all the source of the statement is the individual who is being asked the questions, right? Isn't anyone responding with that argument just insulting themselves?

As for the statement being taken out of context, I freely admit that happens to people from time to time. Sometimes the statements are purposely taken out of context to malign the individual. However, if that is indeed the case, wouldnt it be wise to explain the correct context of the statement and clarify what they meant when they made the statement rather than simply yell "Out of context!" or "Bias!" Wouldn't that be far more condusive to the marketplace of ideas.

I would think the argument that the source is slanted would be rather irrelevant. After all the source of the statement is the individual who is being asked the questions, right? Isn't anyone responding with that argument just insulting themselves?

As for the statement being taken out of context, I freely admit that happens to people from time to time. Sometimes the statements are purposely taken out of context to malign the individual. However, if that is indeed the case, wouldnt it be wise to explain the correct context of the statement and clarify what they meant when they made the statement rather than simply yell "Out of context!" or "Bias!" Wouldn't that be far more condusive to the marketplace of ideas.

Anytime I post an article MM bellows how all I do is cut and paste

A classic a few days ago was when I posted an article stating how two Sargents in Irzq were speaking out against the Dems.

MM ignored what the troops say (he claims he supports them and respects them) but attacked me

This is classic Clinton. Attack the messenger and ignore the message

Anytime I post an atricle MM bellows how all I do is cut and paste

A classic a few days ago was when I posted an article stating how two Sargents in Irzq were speaking out against the Dems.

MM ignored what the troops say (he claims he supports them and respects them) but attacked me

This is classic Clinton. Attack the messenger and ignore the message

Look...I am sure that there are troops in Iraq who do not approve of the democrats. I also know for a fact that there are troops in Iraq who do heartily approve of the democrats. YOu post an article about two sergeants and what do you expect me to do? Change my mind about the war in Iraq because two sergeants are upset about my dissent, when I hear from many more over there that approve of it?

And I don't just claim to respect and support them, I do...in real and tangible ways each and every week. I would bet a lot of money that I spend more time and do more to support our troops each and every week than you have done since the war started.

Look...I am sure that there are troops in Iraq who do not approve of the democrats. I also know for a fact that there are troops in Iraq who do heartily approve of the democrats. YOu post an article about two sergeants and what do you expect me to do? Change my mind about the war in Iraq because two sergeants are upset about my dissent, when I hear from many more over there that approve of it?

And I don't just claim to respect and support them, I do...in real and tangible ways each and every week. I would bet a lot of money that I spend more time and do more to support our troops each and every week than you have done since the war started.

Your entire response was to attack me for posting the statements

Meanwhile you claim to support the troops while spinning and protecting the libs who have smeared and slandered them

Strange support for the troops MM

Your entire response was to attack me for posting the statements

Meanwhile you claim to support the troops while spinning and protecting the libs who have smeared and slandered them

Strange support for the troops MM

again...what does the statements of two sergeants prove in this issue? Shall we just post dueling cut and paste articles from service members who support our sides? what will that do to further the debate? and since when do we make foreign policy decisions that involve the use of military force by polling the enlisted ranks of the military?

whether the troops like or don't like the fact that their mission is being debated back home does not change the fact that debating that mission is what we do in this democracy called the United States.

I do not defend anyone who smears and slanders our troops with lies. Never have...never will.

Like I said... I will bet you that I do more each and every week to actually support our troops than you have done since the war started.

But I bet you have one of those yellow bumper magnets made in China on the back of your car.... wow...what support!

again...what does the statements of two sergeants prove in this issue? Shall we just post dueling cut and paste articles from service members who support our sides? what will that do to further the debate? and since when do we make foreign policy decisions that involve the use of military force by polling the enlisted ranks of the military?

whether the troops like or don't like the fact that their mission is being debated back home does not change the fact that debating that mission is what we do in this democracy called the United States.

I do not defend anyone who smears and slanders our troops with lies. Never have...never will.

Like I said... I will bet you that I do more each and every week to actually support our troops than you have done since the war started.

But I bet you have one of those yellow bumper magnets made in China on the back of your car.... wow...what support!

The quotes show once again, the troops want to finsih the mission and win the war

Meanwhile the Defeatocrats want to run away form the fight, call the troops losers, and allow the terrosists a victory in Iraq

The quotes show once again, the troops want to finsih the mission and win the war

Meanwhile the Defeatocrats want to run away form the fight, call the troops losers, and allow the terrosists a victory in Iraq

you have quotes that show sergeants want to stay and finish the job...are you really suggesting that their opinion is universally held across the ranks of all the men serving? As I said, I am in communication with several active duty personnel in Iraq who are not at all upset by my position on the war. YOur quotes do not show what "the troops want"...they show what some of the troops want.... some want us to try a different course...it seems to me that you are not doing a very good job in supporting those troops who disagree with you...

I have no desire to call our troops losers...they are brave men and women doing their jobs with valor. The mission that the president sent them on was and is a stupid counterproductive one, but they have done their jobs with great barvery and professionalism. And the terrorists won't "win" in Iraq..... the Iraqis will eventually win in Iraq and what the end result of that sectarian violence and that civil war and that eventual "victory" should be up to THEM and not us.

you have quotes that show sergeants want to stay and finish the job...are you really suggesting that their opinion is universally held across the ranks of all the men serving? As I said, I am in communication with several active duty personnel in Iraq who are not at all upset by my position on the war. YOur quotes do not show what "the troops want"...they show what some of the troops want.... some want us to try a different course...it seems to me that you are not doing a very good job in supporting those troops who disagree with you...

I have no desire to call our troops losers...they are brave men and women doing their jobs with valor. The mission that the president sent them on was and is a stupid counterproductive one, but they have done their jobs with great barvery and professionalism. And the terrorists won't "win" in Iraq..... the Iraqis will eventually win in Iraq and what the end result of that sectarian violence and that civil war and that eventual "victory" should be up to THEM and not us.

But you continue to support he elected Dems who have slimed the troops, insulted them ,and said over and over they are losers and cannot win in Iraq

That makes you as guilty as them MM

You say you stand shoulder to shoulder with the troops - but it is a very cold shoulder

But you continue to support he elected Dems who have slimed the troops, insulted them ,and said over and over they are losers and cannot win in Iraq

That makes you as guilty as them MM

You say you stand shoulder to shoulder with the troops - but it is a very cold shoulder

As I have said, I disagree with your characterization that democrats have slimed our troops or insulted them or called them losers.

And I say again, if you would like to wager, I will bet that I do more things on a weekly basis to provide real substantive support for our troops than you have done since the start of this war. The soldiers who receive my support are warmly appreciative.....they do not think I offer a cold shoulder in any way.

As I have said, I disagree with your characterization that democrats have slimed our troops or insulted them or called them losers.

And I say again, if you would like to wager, I will bet that I do more things on a weekly basis to provide real substantive support for our troops than you have done since the start of this war. The soldiers who receive my support are warmly appreciative.....they do not think I offer a cold shoulder in any way.

It is hard to disagree with facts but you do it anyway

The symbol of your party is a jackass - it fits you perfectly

Forum List

Back