Democrats, if Obama is re-elected.............

Will Bush's tenure be a worthy reason/excuse for a bad economy in Obama's 5th/6th yr?

• Yes, Bush was that bad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, Bush was bad but that's ample time to fix it

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The president has little impact on the economy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
and the economy is still crappy during let's say his 5th or 6th year, would Bush being a terrible president still be a good enough reason/excuse for the situation?

You lack a fourth choice, that Bush actually did well. Most of his term we were close to what passes in American for full employment.

When you take a job, you are responsible for what happens on your watch. He can run against Bush in 2012, all well and good. But he really can't keep using Bush as an excuse much beyond three months into the term.

World Trade Center is still under construction 10 years after being knocked down.

That's sort of a mild analogy to what happened to the economy.

Dr. Spock.
Please, specifically, tell us how Bush caused 9.2%...err...EXCUUUUSE me...9.1% unemployment.

It was up to 10.0 in October of 2009.

Specifics?

Failure to fund SEC.
Failure to put teeth in to regulations. (even after Enron, Bear Stearns debacles)
Changes to overtime rules.
Tax Holiday to repatriate overseas profits.
Failure to do anything about unemployment.

You lack a fourth choice, that Bush actually did well. Most of his term we were close to what passes in American for full employment.

When you take a job, you are responsible for what happens on your watch. He can run against Bush in 2012, all well and good. But he really can't keep using Bush as an excuse much beyond three months into the term.

I was speaking from a democrat point of view.

I'm equally against both parties.

Dr. Spock.
Please, specifically, tell us how Bush caused 9.2%...err...EXCUUUUSE me...9.1% unemployment.

No need to rush to the defensive, I was putting in words that democrats have used, I'm neither republican or democrat.

Forum List

Back