Democrat's Hopes Of A Recession Come Crashing Down

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
196,000 new jobs just about removes any hopes that Democrats have of crashing the economy.
Despite a massive effort by the left to crash the economy, the economy is still plugging along.

Job market bounces back in March with 196,000 gain in payrolls
  • Nonfarm payrolls expanded by 196,000 and the unemployment rate held steady at 3.8%.
  • Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month.
  • The numbers came a month after February's jaw-dropping gain of just 20,000, which was revised up to 33,000 in the March report.
Job creation posted a solid rebound in March, with nonfarm payrolls expanding by 196,000 and the unemployment rate holding steady at 3.8%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

That was better than the 175,000 Dow Jones estimate and comes after a dismal February that had economists wondering whether the decade-old economic expansion was nearing an end. The unemployment rate met expectations.

"With a strong March employment report now in the books, we've gotten some reassurance that the labor market is still strong," said Steve Rick, chief economist at CUNA Mutual Group. "Of course, last month's nosedive was disappointing, especially after December and January had such impressive numbers despite some sizable headwinds. But a good March report shows that February was more of an outlier than a canary in the coal mine."

Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month. The average work week increased by 0.1 hour to 34.5 hours.

Don't tell me the right doesn't hope for failure when Democrats are in charge. You're right to point at their disgusting desire for our nation to fail when the Republicans are leading, but it's important to recognize it goes both ways. Partisans are a disease.

Since the great depression followed 3 Rep Potus in 1929, and Bush Sr had to raise taxes that Reagan lowered, and Bush Jr left us into the biggest recession since the Great Depression, I think we will enjoy the jobs while they last, which won't last too long. Then it will take the brains to get them back on tract aka Democrats.

I don't recall me or any of my Conservative friends popping the champagne and celebrating the economic collapse under Obama. And no I am not blaming Obama for the 2008 recession, there were plenty of actors from years before who played roles creating that catastrophe.

Watch out for the R word....even Neil Cavuto on FOX is beginning to shout Recession in a vain attempt at souring this great economy....he is no fan of Trump as you all know...this will get louder the closer we get to 2020...don't let them talk down our progress in fixing what Obama couldn't or wouldn't....

Don't tell me the right doesn't hope for failure when Democrats are in charge. You're right to point at their disgusting desire for our nation to fail when the Republicans are leading, but it's important to recognize it goes both ways. Partisans are a disease.
We didn't have to hope for failure......because it happened to us.
Obama didn't fail in his goals.....he failed the American People. And that is what we hoped would fail.
Everyone with half a brain knows what would happen when Obama got what he wanted.......and it has happened.
Now we're busy trying desperately to clean up the messes and land-mines he left behind.

Since the great depression followed 3 Rep Potus in 1929, and Bush Sr had to raise taxes that Reagan lowered, and Bush Jr left us into the biggest recession since the Great Depression, I think we will enjoy the jobs while they last, which won't last too long. Then it will take the brains to get them back on tract aka Democrats.
Don't talk about Bush, Mkay?
You hated the Bushes, and Bush is buddies with the Clintons......so forget about anything that a Bush has done.
They aren't looking out for the American people.

Trump liked the Clintons as well until he ran against Hillary. He thought well of them remember? I voted for Daddy Bush but I couldn't pull the trigger on his kid and running mate.

Watch out for the R word....even Neil Cavuto on FOX is beginning to shout Recession in a vain attempt at souring this great economy....he is no fan of Trump as you all know...this will get louder the closer we get to 2020...don't let them talk down our progress in fixing what Obama couldn't or wouldn't....
Perhaps, but consider that as of last quarter,earnings were good, employment is good, wages are increasing.
Also, inflation is in check and the fed reserve isn't hiking rates to the stratosphere.
In the last two recessions, prior to the collapse fed reserve rates were nearly 7% in 2000, and 5.25 in 2006.
That is pretty significant for borrowing, and today it's around 2.25-2.50%. Unless there is a global meltdown,
I think this economy is sound. Nothing Trump is doing is hurting the economy

196,000 new jobs just about removes any hopes that Democrats have of crashing the economy.
Despite a massive effort by the left to crash the economy, the economy is still plugging along.

• Nonfarm payrolls expanded by 196,000 and the unemployment rate held steady at 3.8%.
  • Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month.
  • The numbers came a month after February's jaw-dropping gain of just 20,000, which was revised up to 33,000 in the March report.
Job creation posted a solid rebound in March, with nonfarm payrolls expanding by 196,000 and the unemployment rate holding steady at 3.8%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

That was better than the 175,000 Dow Jones estimate and comes after a dismal February that had economists wondering whether the decade-old economic expansion was nearing an end. The unemployment rate met expectations.

"With a strong March employment report now in the books, we've gotten some reassurance that the labor market is still strong," said Steve Rick, chief economist at CUNA Mutual Group. "Of course, last month's nosedive was disappointing, especially after December and January had such impressive numbers despite some sizable headwinds. But a good March report shows that February was more of an outlier than a canary in the coal mine."

Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month. The average work week increased by 0.1 hour to 34.5 hours.

Sanders isn’t president yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I remember a time of 17% interest...
Perhaps, but consider that as of last quarter,earnings were good, employment is good, wages are increasing.
Also, inflation is in check and the fed reserve isn't hiking rates to the stratosphere.
In the last two recessions, prior to the collapse fed reserve rates were nearly 7% in 2000, and 5.25 in 2006.
That is pretty significant for borrowing, and today it's around 2.25-2.50%. Unless there is a global meltdown,
I think this economy is sound. Nothing Trump is doing is hurting the economy

The Great Depression , which started after the market crash in the fall of 1929 was caused by progressivism.

Not conservatism

Presidents Harding and Coolidge were successful in increasing the amount of automobiles, airline travel and radios in America exponentially and the economy was moving right along. President Hoover , on the other hand, was a RINO progressive. Worked for President Wilson previously, he was just considered so fantastically qualified and such a decent guy, the Republicans decided to nominate him. And Hoover was a good guy, his nickname was The Great Humanitarian.

Hoover's failure was caused by his decision to more than double taxes from the Coolidge/Harding level of 25% to 63%, in response to the Fall 1929 financial panic. The result of that tax increase was the Great Depression.

I think Bernie's shot his wad and he has nothing left.

20171102_soc.jpg

20171102_soc.jpg

Its probably a good idea for the Democrat Party to nominate Crazy Bernie anyhow. No point in tarring one of the younger Democrat candidates with the inevitable loss next fall. President Trump will schlong anyone the DP puts up. The economy is booming, and Mueller's complete exoneration of any collusion means its full steam ahead.

20171102_soc.jpg

Its probably a good idea for the Democrat Party to nominate Crazy Bernie anyhow. No point in tarring one of the younger Democrat candidates with the inevitable loss next fall. President Trump will schlong anyone the DP puts up. The economy is booming, and Mueller's complete exoneration of any collusion means its full steam ahead.
Trump's approvals are over 51% now......the more the Democrats refuse to face the truth, the more it looks like they're just out to get him.

Well of course the democrats are basically banking on a crisis within a year basically. The American people would switch their votes to a democrat

I don't recall me or any of my Conservative friends popping the champagne and celebrating the economic collapse under Obama. And no I am not blaming Obama for the 2008 recession, there were plenty of actors from years before who played roles creating that catastrophe.
Of course you can't blame Obama for the economic conditions he inherited, but I wasn't' impressed with the conditions he left, 8 years later. Clearly Trump's done a better job in his first two years than Obama did in his last two years.

The Atlantic Fed is predicting 2.3% real annualized GDP for Q1, which would be the best start for a year in the last 4.

The Left keeps shouting recession and the Trump economy keeps outperforming the economy Obama handed off.

Forum List

Back