Democrat's Hopes Of A Recession Come Crashing Down

Hate to "break" it to you nincompoops, but:
MW-GM651_inflat_20180717140347_MG.png

From MarketWatch, A Wall Street boot licking source not unlike yourselves. Get irony? Didn't think so.
"Breaking News" - the economy is still doing great only for the billionaires. You're not one of them, Go figure.

Hate to "break" it to you nincompoops, but:

From MarketWatch, A Wall Street boot licking source not unlike yourselves. Get irony? Didn't think so.
"Breaking News" - the economy is still doing great only for the billionaires. You're not one of them, Go figure.
Median Wage is the measurement of the wage of ONE person. And who that one person is varies from measurement to measurement. As marginal workers are pulled off the government social safety network and back into the workforce, the median wage will go down. Now during a downturn, when marginal workers are being laid off by the hundreds of thousands, the median wage will go up. Look at your chart during the Great Recession, by your metric all those job losses were wonderful because it sharply "increased" the median wage!

A better metric, Real Gross Domestic Income: And as you can see, this was plunging during Obama's final two years, quickly breaking higher under Trump.

U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, Real Gross Domestic Income [A261RO1Q156NBEA], retrieved from FRED, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis;

A better metric, Real Gross Domestic Income
There ya go. Good boy. Hope, for your sake, a billionaire trickles down upon thy addled head soon..
Not sure what you are going on about, Customers with the real disposable income to purchase goods and services is all I need to improve my economic condition, what is it that you need to improve yours?

There ya go. Good boy. Hope, for your sake, a billionaire trickles down upon thy addled head soon..
Not sure what you are going on about, Customers with the real disposable income to purchase goods and services is all I need to improve my economic condition, what is it that you need to improve yours?
Hint: It's not about you nor me in particular. Why do you suppose you take this so personally? Could it be?
"Customers with the real disposable income to purchase goods and services" require "real wages" to be rising or at least steady, not "falling." Btw, the "median" is the most statistically honest choice for quickly revealing such a trend. It's not just "ONE person" either. It's likely to always be a different person for each data set in the series. Think before simply regurgitating nonsense emanating from banking industry billionaires. You're really not in their club. Never will be. Get over it.

Hint: It's not about you nor me in particular. Why do you suppose you take this so personally?
You directly referred to me and I replied. You claimed I was seeking "trickle down" when all I need is folks with real disposable income purchasing goods and services to improve my economic standing. I asked you what you need to improve yours - and you avoided answering - why?
...The "median" is the most statistically honest choice for quickly revealing such a trend...
According to your chart, the best time for American Workers was during Great Recession, the only time of back to back 3% growth.

...It's not just "ONE person" either....
Yes it is. All wage earners are force ranked by weekly earnings and the earner who has the same number of earners above him as below him, is picked that week.
...It's likely to always be a different person for each data set in the series....
Exactly. It measures no ones earnings from week to week.

In this data series
The median number is 5

In this data series, a recession hit and the lowest 44% of the marginal workers got laid off and you cheer because now the margin income has "risen" to 7.

When in the real world, 1-2-3 & 4 are now unemployed and 7 is making no more money than he was before.

Now in this data series 1-2-3- & 4 plus 4 others no longer need unemployment and food stamps because the are working again.

Now 4 has the median wage. So are you happy that employment is up and that 8 more people are now providing for themselves? No, you are long faced because the Median wage has "dropped" from 7 to 4 even though four has gone from unemployed to employed and seven isn't making any less in the real world.

If you remain confused, let me know. You'll get it at some point, these are actually delightfully simple concepts.

According to your chart, the best time for American Workers was during Great Recession, the only time of back to back 3% growth.
Nice dodge, but fact is it's sucked for the American Worker ever since Carter deregulated, even before Reagan went nuts with it, effectively destroying labor's only real means to fight back. You know it. I know it. Cut the crap. It ain't the Democrats. It ain't the Republicans. It's the billionaires. Get over yourself and smell your actual oppressors.

Billionaires, sir employ a lot of people, and they make good things in their communities happen. They fund additional buildings for the local school systems, fund free lunch programs so the school can spend its money on more pressing needs, they donate computers to public libraries, schools, and even town halls, senior care facilities, not to mention donate life-saving equipment to hospitals, fund mental health facilities to provide for the TDS sufferers there are gonna be when the truth comes out about spygate.

Some of them even pursue peace and goodwill for this nation abroad by feeding the hungry, putting hospitals in areas to provide care for ebola sufferers and researchers who can and do come up with ways to cure such diseases. Some of the things billionaires do would surprise even a grumbler like yourself, sir. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if one of them came to our community and provided relief to the local university's upcoming new program for training osteopaths who provide relief for people at every stage of growth and development from birth to death. ;)

:boohoo:
So screw the workers and best entrust our health care to the billionaires who've been busy trashing what little we had left. Indeed, by just gobbling and peeing a bit harder the rich will surely save us..

Well, my little ol' penny-ante quiltmaking effort to benefit the poor in my little area on the map results in rich ladies picking the most articulate ones for themselves to give to other rich gals for twenty bucks. I spend at least $80 apiece on materials. I can imagine the pilferage that goes on when billionaires give to po' folks. Their best bet is to give through foundations. It is against the law to divert funds from the giver's intentions with the foundation's pro bono lawyers overseeing that the giver's will be done, even after he or she is dead, the funds are not to be diverted to frivolous follies like penny-ante me has to either quit doing all I can, which isn't gonna happen or just wear a blindfold to charity meetings.

Giving needs to be wisely distributed by people who don't pocket the best of somebody else's gift. Just sayin, Mr. Grumbly-one. :D

196,000 new jobs just about removes any hopes that Democrats have of crashing the economy.
Despite a massive effort by the left to crash the economy, the economy is still plugging along.

Job market bounces back in March with 196,000 gain in payrolls
  • Nonfarm payrolls expanded by 196,000 and the unemployment rate held steady at 3.8%.
  • Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month.
  • The numbers came a month after February's jaw-dropping gain of just 20,000, which was revised up to 33,000 in the March report.
Job creation posted a solid rebound in March, with nonfarm payrolls expanding by 196,000 and the unemployment rate holding steady at 3.8%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

That was better than the 175,000 Dow Jones estimate and comes after a dismal February that had economists wondering whether the decade-old economic expansion was nearing an end. The unemployment rate met expectations.

"With a strong March employment report now in the books, we've gotten some reassurance that the labor market is still strong," said Steve Rick, chief economist at CUNA Mutual Group. "Of course, last month's nosedive was disappointing, especially after December and January had such impressive numbers despite some sizable headwinds. But a good March report shows that February was more of an outlier than a canary in the coal mine."

Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month. The average work week increased by 0.1 hour to 34.5 hours.

That's 2 months rolled into 1.

196,000 new jobs just about removes any hopes that Democrats have of crashing the economy.
Despite a massive effort by the left to crash the economy, the economy is still plugging along.

• Nonfarm payrolls expanded by 196,000 and the unemployment rate held steady at 3.8%.
  • Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month.
  • The numbers came a month after February's jaw-dropping gain of just 20,000, which was revised up to 33,000 in the March report.
Job creation posted a solid rebound in March, with nonfarm payrolls expanding by 196,000 and the unemployment rate holding steady at 3.8%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

That was better than the 175,000 Dow Jones estimate and comes after a dismal February that had economists wondering whether the decade-old economic expansion was nearing an end. The unemployment rate met expectations.

"With a strong March employment report now in the books, we've gotten some reassurance that the labor market is still strong," said Steve Rick, chief economist at CUNA Mutual Group. "Of course, last month's nosedive was disappointing, especially after December and January had such impressive numbers despite some sizable headwinds. But a good March report shows that February was more of an outlier than a canary in the coal mine."

Wage gains fell off the recent strong pace, increasing just 0.14% for the month and 3.2% year over year, below expectations of the 3.4% pace from last month. The average work week increased by 0.1 hour to 34.5 hours.

Liar.
196,000 was March....better than the 175,000 estimate.
Feb was 33,000.....up from a 20,000 estimate.

Liar.
196,000 was March....better than the 175,000 estimate.
Feb was 33,000.....up from a 20,000 estimate.
Lol, it's the pent up growth from February boosting March. Two months rolled into one. Watch this months report and you will see I'm right.

Billionaires, sir employ a lot of people, and they make good things in their communities happen. They fund additional buildings for the local school systems, fund free lunch programs so the school can spend its money on more pressing needs, they donate computers to public libraries, schools, and even town halls, senior care facilities, not to mention donate life-saving equipment to hospitals, fund mental health facilities to provide for the TDS sufferers there are gonna be when the truth comes out about spygate.

Some of them even pursue peace and goodwill for this nation abroad by feeding the hungry, putting hospitals in areas to provide care for ebola sufferers and researchers who can and do come up with ways to cure such diseases. Some of the things billionaires do would surprise even a grumbler like yourself, sir. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if one of them came to our community and provided relief to the local university's upcoming new program for training osteopaths who provide relief for people at every stage of growth and development from birth to death. ;)
First Sanders was all about the Millionaires and Billionaires. Now that he is a millionaire, I guess it's just the Billionaires now?

Billionaires 100 times over already. Trillionares soon. Remember all those years Gates kept saying he was giving it all away? Still 3rd richest in the world. What happened, Zorro? Any idea? Was he simply lying?... Please don't strain yourself..

Forum List

Back