Democrats got us into this mess and Obama being one won't get us out of it

That's right. Dems controlled both houses and drove us straight into the ground. Bush was complicit as well but it was democratic policies and spending bills that got us here.

I will accept that Bush spent like a fool but I bet you all will excuse the democratic congress.

you're aware, are you not, that no bill ever came to the presidents' desk unless it could be passed with only GOP votes, right?

i guess not.

you've lost it gramps.

He should have blamed his idiotic post on the beer; it would have make him look "smarter". But you have to keep in mind that almost anything would make him look smarter.

That's right. Dems controlled both houses and drove us straight into the ground. Bush was complicit as well but it was democratic policies and spending bills that got us here.

I will accept that Bush spent like a fool but I bet you all will excuse the democratic congress.

you're aware, are you not, that no bill ever came to the presidents' desk unless it could be passed with only GOP votes, right?

i guess not.

you've lost it gramps.

Where did I blame democrats directly. Seems to me I focused my attention on their policies which obviously got gop votes.

And candycorpse you should try harder. That was a weak insult. I have your attention and that's all that matters

The Democrats took over Congress in Jan. 2007. The budget for fiscal year 2006 ran from Oct. 2006 to September 2007.

The recession began in December 2007.

Therefore, the country's economy was already headed off the cliff before the Democratic majority in Congress had anything to do with it.

The problem with what you said is that it is wrong. Bush spent a TON of money either on a CC that has to be paid back later, the senior RX bill. Also the bush tax cuts mean that the GOV. did not get enough rev.. The main lie that people seem to buy is that tax cuts pay for them selves. this is not the case. Also Bush led us to war which he never paid for. Now YES Obama has spent money earned by collecting taxes, the difference is Obama has spent money that has gone directly into back into the country, bush on the other hand has spent money collected by tax rev. on things that will not be recouped.

The Democrats took over Congress in Jan. 2007. The budget for fiscal year 2006 ran from Oct. 2006 to September 2007.

Therefore, the country's economy was already headed off the cliff before the Democratic majority in Congress had anything to do with it.

the direct effect is not that quick, it was a build up oh bush/republican policy. also as you know the prez. has veto power, as well as congress has buster power. So your whole argument is out the window

While I cant disagree that Democrats have had a large part of this, but i think fundamentally, we, the people, got ourselves in this mess. We are the ones who elected them. We are the ones who let the Republicans get away with nonsense as well.

Obama will not lead us out. Romney might. But if we want to get out of this, we the people need to fix the problems in our own life. We need to take responsibility for our actions. We need to be charitable. We need to work. We need to be humble, honest, wise, and build virtue in our lives.

the direct effect is not that quick, it was a build up oh bush/republican policy. also as you know the prez. has veto power, as well as congress has buster power. So your whole argument is out the window

My argument was that everything went to shit before the Democrats even controlled Congress, which is just an additional point to the main point being that the post-2006 Democratic Congress never did ONE FUCKING THING to bring on the recession, the financial crisis, the real estate meltdown.

Everything was already in place before the 2006 election.

Democrats got us into this mess and Obama being one won't get us out of it

The thread title alone is partisan idiocy.

So Democrats werent at all involved in getting us into this ess and Obama is going to get us out of this? Then why hasnt he? How on earth can anyone honestly say Democrats didnt get us in this mess? You think that because Republicans contributed that somehow excuses the Democrats responsibility in this?

Seems to be just as much partisan idiocy in your post as well.

My argument was that everything went to shit before the Democrats even controlled Congress, which is just an additional point to the main point being that the post-2006 Democratic Congress never did ONE FUCKING THING to bring on the recession, the financial crisis, the real estate meltdown.

So they didnt artificially increase the cost of labor? They didn't block efforts to fix the financial crisis before it came to a head? They did absolutely nothing that contributed?

List the bills Democrats authored and Bush signed that drove us straight into the ground.

Otherwise, your post is sheer bullshit, whining and a childish temper tantrum.

My post is the same shit everyone else drivels on about. Except it's pointed at your side. Want facts, look them up. I'm not your fucking Secretary

Gee, Grumps posting with a football buzz and being full of shit while he's at it. That only happens every Sunday.

He is having a dry drunk.

So they didnt artificially increase the cost of labor? They didn't block efforts to fix the financial crisis before it came to a head? They did absolutely nothing that contributed?

Even Ryan voted against a homeowner mortage bill and an emergency finance bill directed at the sub-prime meltdown .

What got us in this mess was deregulation of Wall Street, and that can be blamed on a lot of different people. I'm so sick of Cons blaming Democrats and Democrats blaming Republicans as if it was one party's fault. This just shows me how full of shit most of you are. It's also the reason we can't fix any of this shit because too many people have their heads stuck up their asses so far they can't see the light of day.

While I cant disagree that Democrats have had a large part of this, but i think fundamentally, we, the people, got ourselves in this mess...

Yep.

Let's be honest. We're a culture that can tell you more about Kim Kardashian's relationship with her mom than Obama's relationship with Congress. We can tell you more about a new I-Phone app than the significance of the debt. We're more concerned with what some starlet wore to the Academy Awards than with what has happened to our middle class.

I know I'm just the crazy guy standing on the street corner talking to himself, but I'll say it again: Our problems are cultural, and they will not be fully and effectively addressed until we first look in the mirror. All of us.

What got us in this mess was deregulation of Wall Street, and that can be blamed on a lot of different people. I'm so sick of Cons blaming Democrats and Democrats blaming Republicans as if it was one party's fault. This just shows me how full of shit most of you are. It's also the reason we can't fix any of this shit because too many people have their heads stuck up their asses so far they can't see the light of day.

This:

The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA, Pub.L. 95-128, title VIII of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1977, 91 Stat. 1147, 12 U.S.C. § 2901 et seq.) is a United States federal law designed to encourage commercial banks and savings associations to help meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.

And this:

In 1999 the Congress enacted and President Clinton signed into law the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act. This law repealed the part of the Glass–Steagall Act that had prohibited a bank from offering a full range of investment, commercial banking, and insurance services since its enactment in 1933.

Democrats and Republicans passed these bills and Carter and Clinton signed them.

You'd lose that bet.

But FYI the dems didn't have to drive the economy straight into the ground, as it was already deeply in a depression economy (thanks as you've already noted, to CONGRESS) when the BUSH II was in office.

Of course you know that, but you totally failed to mention it, so I thought I'd correct the record.

Government spending didn't cause the crisis.

What caused the crisis was an overheated housing market combined with unethical conduct on the part of Wall Street and the banks in selling those mortgages as investments that turned out to be worthless.

No, they did absolutely nothing that contributed. The ingredients for the real estate meltdown and the financial crisis were already in place by 2006.

There's also a huge erroneous assumption here that the government can magically step in any time it wants to and fix any economic situation in the country.

This:

The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA, Pub.L. 95-128, title VIII of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1977, 91 Stat. 1147, 12 U.S.C. § 2901 et seq.) is a United States federal law designed to encourage commercial banks and savings associations to help meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.

And this:

In 1999 the Congress enacted and President Clinton signed into law the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act. This law repealed the part of the Glass–Steagall Act that had prohibited a bank from offering a full range of investment, commercial banking, and insurance services since its enactment in 1933.

Democrats and Republicans passed these bills and Carter and Clinton signed them.

The Community Reinvestment Act had nothing to do with the housing crisis.

This:

CRA Thought Experiment | The Big Picture

This, claim that Democrat's were responsible for the recession/depresssion. might just work, sure some will check but it's hazy enough to pass muster for some voters.
The Truman was a Republican, sortie sort of failed, but that was so easy to research and didn't have a chance. Still the, Jefferson was a conservative, was a natural, I mean with the liberal party of the late 1700's using "Republican" as their name.
With the election so near, why don't they try the, Bush was a Democrat, and this time there is overwhelming evidence: if Bush was a Republican he would have been invited to the Republican convention? Think of it, Bush was really a Democrat.

Forum List

Back