Democrats give up on millionaire surtax

wow. they were winning the propaganda war, I am not sure what pushed it over the edge.

I suspect that dems behind the scenes told obama that the XL Pipeline issue, in the bill, would be hard to combat even with a pliant media. That combined with the fact that Ried told nancy to renege on the bi-partisan agreement they reached in the House for the 2012 Budget bill ( omnibus) which would have been hard to defend as it would have pushed them to a shutdown, no way to spin that.

Democrats give up on millionaire surtax

WASHINGTON - Democrats backed away from their demand for higher taxes on millionaires as part of legislation to extend Social Security tax cuts for most Americans on Wednesday as Congress struggled to clear critical year-end bills without triggering a partial government shutdown.

Republicans, too, signaled an eagerness to avoid gridlock and adjourn for the holidays. With a bipartisan $1 trillion funding bill blocked at the last minute by Democrats, GOP lawmakers and aides floated the possibility of a backup measure to run the government for as long as two months after the money runs out Friday at midnight.

In a written statement late Wednesday, White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer said the administration objected to several environmental, financial and other provisions in the mammoth spending bill and said Congress should approve a short-term spending measure to avoid a federal shutdown and give lawmakers time to iron out their final disputes.

With time beginning to run short, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., met with President Barack Obama at the White House, then returned to the Capitol and sat down with the two top Republicans in Congress, Speaker John Boehner and Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

more at-
Democrats give up on millionaire surtax - CBS News

Thank goodness they gave up on ending some of the tax cuts for the wealthy. I was so afraid that as soon as they put through any tax increases, those rich people would start firing all of us regular people since they could no longer afford to pay us.

Better us than the folk in their Malaysian factories, I guess.

Have you been keeping tabs on what's been taken "off the table" by the Dems in the last 3 years? Hell, they just barely got the watered down version of healthcare reform through.....the Shrub's tax cuts got extended, nuke power plant construction has been given promise to restart, the Patriot Act is still alive and kicking. I could go on, but you get the message, right?

LOL... You're bringing up the patriot act while Barry plans on putting Americans in GITMO?

Where's the budget, spanky?

Yuo teh funneh....:lmao:

And your too dumb to be believed!

:lol:

Thanks, Tacky Liberal...lol

You're making my point, chuckles...because Obama is BUILDING on the very premise that ties the Patriot Act to Gitmo...the very premise jokers like YOU seal clapped for 8 years and defended to the death upon Obama's inauguration.

Seems when the GOP does it, you're okay....if Obama does the same, it's wrong. You're such a dopey ass hypocrit "Dr. House", that you don't even know which way is up. Carry on.
Got a link to that, spanky? Where have I given the GOP an OK on something that I dissagree with?

The fail is strong in you....

GITMO still open....:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back