Democrats For Obama/Biden....?

I'm not a liberal plant jackass; I'm a former Republican for nearly 30 years and I stopped buying into all the right wing bullshit a couple years ago. Obama hasn't been a great president, but he actually hasn't been all that bad considering what he was handed, and no, I don't blame it all on Bush either. But you goofballs on the right are laughable. What I love best about Romney's plan to get us out of this mess is that he is going to cut taxes even further, yet he's actually not going to cut spending. Look his plan over and you will see that I am right. If he gets what he wants, the yearly deficit is going to go up even more instead of coming down as it should if just left alone. And in the end, the only people who will benefit will be those at the top. I don't know how anyone can seriously look at Romney's plan and not see that it just doesn't add up.

LMAO - Did you forget to switch your screen name back to Dissent Auditor0007? FUCKING PLANT.

You truly have become one of the biggest dipshits in this forum, lmao.

It's obvious to anybody with half a brain that you outed yourself. Who cares about your lame come-ons.

Are Democrats pro Obama/Biden or just negative about Romney/Ryan..?

Where are the lists of the wonderful things Obama/Biden have actually accomplished..?

Not sure if this is a real question or just another round of baiting. Assuming that the question is formed from pure curiosity, Let me answer it this way.

At the beginning of this race, I was firmly uncommitted. A lot of the things that Obama said he would do he simply didn't. I've come to expect that in a politician running for a new office - they are either sorely misinformed or just plain lying, and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. Obama's last 4 years haven't been stellar, maybe, but he has accomplished a few of the things he wanted to do. And now he has 4 years of hard presidential experience to back up what he says he'll do in the next 4 years.

On the other hand, I honestly didn't know all that much about the Republican candidates at the start of the race. I like to let the serious contenders weed themselves out before I start to commit one way or the other. Romney was pretty much an unknown - at least to me - at first. Then he began to really speak.

I want to thank the folks who take the time to comment here on this board (and others as well). As you posted, I had the opportunity to do my own fact checking on the issues that both candidates are facing, what they will do to fix it, and what gets said about the methods of the other party. Since I am one of the 8.3% without a job, I have nothing BUT time to dig through the internet and find out what the real story was.

The more information I dug up, the more I began to be anti-Romney. But then, as I looked deeper into the ACTUAL data rather than simply believe what I got spoon fed through the not-so-unbiased press, I'm becoming more and more pro-Obama. Maybe not so much pro-liberal - but good ideas are good ideas no matter who thought them up. The GOP has also had a hand in shaping my opinion.

You might not like Obama, or what he's done in the office, but he has never called us too uneducated to understand what he's doing. His administration has been as transparent as he said it should be. Romney, on the other hand, seems to scoff at us when we ask him for particulars. He says we just have to wait and see. He thinks we're all stupid - and that applies to both the right and the left. I can't, in good conscience, vote for a president who thinks I'm too stupid to figure stuff out.

I'm not going to list either candidate's accomplishments or failings. I've seen a huge amount of them posted right here (some of them spot on, some of them wishful thinking) and you can do your own investigating.

Based on the platform the Republicans are in the process of defining (which, to my mind, run counter to most of Republican philosophy), the shameful and unpatriotic way they played obstructionistic games with the elected president of this country, and the half-truths and outright lies they want us to bring to the polls with us, I switched my party affiliation to Democrat this year. I will continue to vote Democrat until the current list of Republicans from the office of Dog Catcher all the way to the senate have been purged and replaced with people who actually care about the country and the people who live here more than they care about the speaking engagements and consulting/lobbying jobs they will enjoy when they retire from public life regardless of their party. I still have quite a few election cycles left - hopefully at least another 3 or 4 presidents, 6 to 8 more congresses....

So, thanks USMB. I know a lot more about the candidates and issues in this race than I have ever known in any other race. More than that, I have a good idea of which news outlets tend to be the most objective - or at least factual - in their reporting. And, I know how to get to some wonderful public information sources on the net.

I'm anti-Romney more than I'm pro-Obama. It's the lesser of 2 evils for me but overall the important issues to me are Obama's also. I disagree with a fair amount of what he's done but Romney is not the answer for this country!

Where are the lists of the wonderful things Obama/Biden have actually accomplished..?

Not sure if this is a real question or just another round of baiting. Assuming that the question is formed from pure curiosity, Let me answer it this way.

At the beginning of this race, I was firmly uncommitted. A lot of the things that Obama said he would do he simply didn't. I've come to expect that in a politician running for a new office - they are either sorely misinformed or just plain lying, and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. Obama's last 4 years haven't been stellar, maybe, but he has accomplished a few of the things he wanted to do. And now he has 4 years of hard presidential experience to back up what he says he'll do in the next 4 years.

On the other hand, I honestly didn't know all that much about the Republican candidates at the start of the race. I like to let the serious contenders weed themselves out before I start to commit one way or the other. Romney was pretty much an unknown - at least to me - at first. Then he began to really speak.

I want to thank the folks who take the time to comment here on this board (and others as well). As you posted, I had the opportunity to do my own fact checking on the issues that both candidates are facing, what they will do to fix it, and what gets said about the methods of the other party. Since I am one of the 8.3% without a job, I have nothing BUT time to dig through the internet and find out what the real story was.

The more information I dug up, the more I began to be anti-Romney. But then, as I looked deeper into the ACTUAL data rather than simply believe what I got spoon fed through the not-so-unbiased press, I'm becoming more and more pro-Obama. Maybe not so much pro-liberal - but good ideas are good ideas no matter who thought them up. The GOP has also had a hand in shaping my opinion.

You might not like Obama, or what he's done in the office, but he has never called us too uneducated to understand what he's doing. His administration has been as transparent as he said it should be. Romney, on the other hand, seems to scoff at us when we ask him for particulars. He says we just have to wait and see. He thinks we're all stupid - and that applies to both the right and the left. I can't, in good conscience, vote for a president who thinks I'm too stupid to figure stuff out.

I'm not going to list either candidate's accomplishments or failings. I've seen a huge amount of them posted right here (some of them spot on, some of them wishful thinking) and you can do your own investigating.

Based on the platform the Republicans are in the process of defining (which, to my mind, run counter to most of Republican philosophy), the shameful and unpatriotic way they played obstructionistic games with the elected president of this country, and the half-truths and outright lies they want us to bring to the polls with us, I switched my party affiliation to Democrat this year. I will continue to vote Democrat until the current list of Republicans from the office of Dog Catcher all the way to the senate have been purged and replaced with people who actually care about the country and the people who live here more than they care about the speaking engagements and consulting/lobbying jobs they will enjoy when they retire from public life regardless of their party. I still have quite a few election cycles left - hopefully at least another 3 or 4 presidents, 6 to 8 more congresses....

So, thanks USMB. I know a lot more about the candidates and issues in this race than I have ever known in any other race. More than that, I have a good idea of which news outlets tend to be the most objective - or at least factual - in their reporting. And, I know how to get to some wonderful public information sources on the net.

I basically agree with you. Obama has done more good things than I thought he would and I do disagree with some things he does. But I had to look at the overall picture of both and decided Romney would be bad for women, couldn't really change the economy (except perhaps for the worse) and he'd favor the wealthy. Also, I recently read that he/his campaign said they wouldn't be discussing details of his plans because then he would be disliked and tripped up by the dems and the media. Cowardly! I don't expect minute details, but I do expect him to be more forthcoming. And all this coupled with his constant flip flops for political expediency IMO turns me off to him totally. I had originally considered not voting for either but then I realized if I didn't, it would be a vote for Romney pretty much. So Obama it is, with not a lot of enthusiasm!

I can't say I agree with your conclusions but regardless of that I appreciate your effort.

btw Just some words of advise, generally, if you want your posts read you have to shorten them up.. Alas, that's just the way it is around here.. thanks though. :thup:

Forum List

Back