Democrats finally owned by Republicans, pass budget resolution

Slashsnake

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2016
Senate passes budget resolution on way to major tax cuts

The Senate voted Thursday to pass a budget resolution for next year that is mostly significant because it could make it easier for Republicans to pass major tax cuts, a top GOP priority.

The 51 to 49 vote was split mostly on party lines. Only GOP Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky voted no.
Progressive Sen. Bernie Sanders, a Vermont independent, offered an amendment "to restore the trillion dollars in cuts to Medicaid paid for by reducing the Republican tax breaks for the wealthy." It was defeated by the Republicans, who control the Senate. He offered a second to prevent any tax cuts from going to the top one percent of earners. It was defeated too.

... I would like to add that Rand Paul should not be voted in when he's up for re-election. He has done nothing to help the Republicans when it comes to major legislation, often making bone-headed excuses as to why.

"We're going to also make our Republican colleagues vote on whether they want to raise taxes on the middle class," Schumer said. "The President claims his tax plan will cut taxes, but it actually will raise them on millions of hard working families. Today, our Republican colleagues will decide whether they want to support those tax increases, or protect the middle class from paying more taxes."

... It's clear that Chuckie doesn't know anything about taxes.

There is a reason the Republicans want to give these big tax cuts to the wealthy...

#1 is that two of the largest people making donations to the Republican party are the Koch Brothers whom will be saving shit tons of money because of this.

#2 Just inside the Trump cabinet alone, they will save $1.5 BILLION dollars between them.

There is a reason the Republicans want to give these big tax cuts to the wealthy...

#1 is that two of the largest people making donations to the Republican party are the Koch Brothers whom will be saving shit tons of money because of this.

#2 Just inside the Trump cabinet alone, they will save $1.5 BILLION dollars between them.

I call bullshit! Show your math dumbdog. How will his cabinet save $1.5 billion?

I call bullshit! Show your math dumbdog. How will his cabinet save $1.5 billion?

Mehdi Hasan‏Verified account @mehdirhasan Oct 18
13 out of 24 Trump cabinet members will benefit from the estate tax cut - possibly up to $1.5 billion between them. #CnnDebateNight

Mehdi Hasan‏Verified account @mehdirhasan Oct 18
13 out of 24 Trump cabinet members will benefit from the estate tax cut - possibly up to $1.5 billion between them. #CnnDebateNight

Still no math, just a bunch of ass aching Libs tweeting. I knew it was bullshit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back