Democrats finally break health care log jam

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Give the Democrats credit for breaking the healthcare log jam. Everyone agrees that healthcare needs reform. For 30 years, politicians and Presidents from both parties did nothing. It is a risk to do something and much safer to do nothing.

Politicians from both parties have been taking the safer route and doing nothing. All they want to do is protect their own rear ends and get reelected; spineless slime bags.

The current legislation is not the total answer. Get it out there and see what works and does not work.

Hopefully we will not have spineless politicians not willing to do anything in the future.

Doing something is better than doing nothing.

We really needed yet another thread about the passing of the bill? Are you not capable of just adding a comment to one of the huge variety of threads on it?

We really needed yet another thread about the passing of the bill? Are you not capable of just adding a comment to one of the huge variety of threads on it?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Now, where's that tiny violin....

You're getting a tad OCD with me today, Va. I must really annoy you. And that makes me smile.

Then we are even. watching you whine and bitch since last night makes me smile. It is even MORE satisfying to watch you and your GOP sheep now saying things like "it doesn't really matter".....and attempting to justify the actions of your supporters and all. Thank you so much.

You're getting a tad OCD with me today, Va. I must really annoy you. And that makes me smile.

Then we are even. watching you whine and bitch since last night makes me smile. It is even MORE satisfying to watch you and your GOP sheep now saying things like "it doesn't really matter".....and attempting to justify the actions of your supporters and all. Thank you so much.

Spoken like the mindless Obama troll that you are. Gloat and enjoy for come November the party's over... literally, the Democrat party is over. It will remain a minor Marxist organization, other than that, it won't be taken serously by anyone other than the loony left.

My goal was to fill the need you describe.

I am capable of adding a comment to another thread.

Anything else?

Damn, you really are quite a pathetic soul, aren't you?

Wanna get that post where I said "it doesn't really matter"? Cuz I haven't said that. You lied, YaWanker

Spoken like the mindless Obama troll that you are. Gloat and enjoy for come November the party's over... literally, the Democrat party is over. It will remain a minor Marxist organization, other than that, it won't be taken serously by anyone other than the loony left.

One encouraging fact about this legislation is the looney left and the looney right do not like it.
You sound like an obstructionist loon. What would you have done in place of this legislation. It is easy to be a critic, try a constructive suggestion.

Give the Democrats credit for breaking the healthcare log jam. Everyone agrees that healthcare needs reform. For 30 years, politicians and Presidents from both parties did nothing. It is a risk to do something and much safer to do nothing.

Politicians from both parties have been taking the safer route and doing nothing. All they want to do is protect their own rear ends and get reelected; spineless slime bags.

The current legislation is not the total answer. Get it out there and see what works and does not work.

Hopefully we will not have spineless politicians not willing to do anything in the future.

It was a gutsy move by the democrats and will go down as one of the most significant pieces of legislation in a generation. it is about time Congress showed some guts.

Except the problem I see with this is that when we find out what does not work, we are stuck with it forever. If there happens to be a chance of correcting those problems, you are looking at decades before those problems are corrected if they ever are.

We're stuck with this and if it drives small businesses under and costs us jobs (I'm unemployed at the moment and that is much more important to me than this BS Bill) then we're all hurt by this. It is now too late to change it

That is not always true. If this bill costs employees of small businesses their health care benefits and they suddenly have to pay for their own, then are you certain doing something is better than doing nothing?

Many employers who cannot afford to offer their employees health insurance are now going to be taxed $2000/employee per year. How many will that force onto the unemployment lines? edit: you can bet that if I were an employer this $2000 would come out of the pockets of my employees in the form of lower wages.

My wife works for a dry cleaner. He does not provide health benefits and he can't do so. Under this bill he will be forced to do so or pay $2000/employee. Now, I don't know for certain that he employees more than 50 people, but if he does, this legislation could very well drive him out of business.

Something did have to be done... but what? Is the possibility of killing small business worth it?

Immie

Last edited:

Except the problem I see with this is that when we find out what does not work, we are stuck with it forever. If there happens to be a chance of correcting those problems, you are looking at decades before those problems are corrected if they ever are.

We're stuck with this and if it drives small businesses under and costs us jobs (I'm unemployed at the moment and that is much more important to me than this BS Bill) then we're all hurt by this. It is now too late to change it

That is not always true. If this bill costs employees of small businesses their health care benefits and they suddenly have to pay for their own, then are you certain doing something is better than doing nothing?

Many employers who cannot afford to offer their employees health insurance are now going to be taxed $2000/employee per year. How many will that force onto the unemployment lines? edit: you can bet that if I were an employer this $2000 would come out of the pockets of my employees in the form of lower wages.

My wife works for a dry cleaner. He does not provide health benefits and he can't do so. Under this bill he will be forced to do so or pay $2000/employee. Now, I don't know for certain that he employees more than 50 people, but if he does, this legislation could very well drive him out of business.

Something did have to be done... but what? Is the possibility of killing small business worth it?

Immie

The current system is horribly broken. I am confident the new legislation will be better.

Government needs to get off their lazy self serving asses and be more nimble making changes needed.

I am a small business owner who has a very difficult time obtaining insurance for myself and my employees. Private insurance treats our 10 employees as one pool. With two older employees it is almost impossible to get reasonably priced insurance unless we get rid of the older employees. That is what the private insurers suggest we do.Not fire them but they suggest we do not include them in our insurance pool.

Staying the course was not an option.

Immie

The current system is horribly broken. I am confident the new legislation will be better.

Government needs to get off their lazy self serving asses and be more nimble making changes needed.

I am a small business owner who has a very difficult time obtaining insurance for myself and my employees. Private insurance treats our 10 employees as one pool. With two older employees it is almost impossible to get reasonably priced insurance unless we get rid of the older employees. That is what the private insurers suggest we do.Not fire them but they suggest we do not include them in our insurance pool.

Staying the course was not an option.

Agreed, the status quo was not an option, but neither was what we got.

As a business owner with less than 50 employees you are exempt from the $2000/employee fine. That is all well and good... but what about your employees? Suppose you decide not to supply their insurance any longer or maybe you are not doing that now. However, they are going to be required to pay for their own insurance if you do not supply it regardless of whether you employ 50 people or 5000.

Can your employees afford $1200/month to obey this law?

Immie

spoken like a true dumbfucked democwat. jesssssusfuckingchrist.

Forum List

Back